Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Highlights from the people at BC Interruption

Norm Postgame Presser

York Postgame (boring)

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Fun time at BC tonight and a surprisingly light BC crowd considering the match up. Nowhere near the number of Lowell fans that will be at Tsongas tomorrow night. But a really nice contingent of Lowell fans at Conte tonight, good showing by the fans on the road.

Lowell conservatively could have been up 3-0 at the end of the first but nothing was getting past Woll, plus Lowell had their usual assortment of shots wide and over the crossbar which didn't help matters either. BC had a little burst at the very start of the third with that goal right off the bat to tie it 1-1 to keep it a little nerve wracking but Lowell kept on grinding. Gamby's second goal was great as Woll made the initial pad save but the rebound died right in front of the pad and he just flipped it over him and into the net. Both he and CJ were dominating tonight in the scoring.

Now if Campbell can ever get on track and start scoring...but we've been saying that all season. Would just like to see him go out with a few goals as he's been absolutely snake bit all season.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-23-2017, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Bob and Jim said the BU-ND game will be shown on the Jumbotron prior to the game.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Temporary move to #7 in the pairwise. BC down to #20! Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    One problem, BC already has 29 points, not 28.

A win against BC on Friday guarantees that Lowell can finish no lower than the #2 seed, and would take the #1 seed with a BC/ND split or ND taking 3 points from BU

A tie against BC on Friday guarantees that Lowell will be the #3 seed since either ND or BU could pass them, but not both.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #3 seed if PC fails to sweep UMass AND BU takes 3+ points from ND.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #4 seed if PC fails to sweep UMass OR BU takes 3+ points from ND.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #5 seed if PC sweeps UMass AND BU splits with ND
    editing now. this is what I get for doing it all in my head

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    A tie puts Lowell at 28 points. Since PC only has 23 with 2 games left no matter what the result of their games with Amherst (not that there is much question of what that result will be), they cannot pass Lowell. At 28 points Lowell is then in a tie with BC, and waiting on the results of BU Notre Dame. IF:

~BU takes 4 points, the standings end up 1. BU, 2. Lowell, 3. BC 4. PC or Notre Dame or maybe UVM (I'll leave this to Todd's thread cause I think we all only care what happens to Lowell
    ~BU takes 3 Points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell 3. BC 4. Notre Dame 5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 2 points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell (wins three way tie since BC and ND split and Lowell and ND split) 3. BC (wins second TB on H2H with ND) 4. Notre Dame 5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 1 point, 1. Notre Dame 2. Lowell 3. BU 4. BC 5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 0 points, 1. Notre Dame 2. Lowell 3. BC 4. BU/Providence

Since I am bored IF LOWELL WINS TOMORROW NIGHT: Lowell 29 points, wins all tiebreakers with rest of the top 4
    ~BU takes 4 points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. PC or Notre Dame
    ~BU takes 3 points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. Notre Dame (wins the possible TB with PC)
    ~BU takes 2 points, 1. Lowell, 2. BU, 3. BC. 4. Notre Dame
    ~BU takes 1 point, 1. Lowell, 2. BC, 3. Notre Dame 4. BU
    ~BU takes 0 points, 1. Notre Dame, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. BU

IF LOWELL LOSES TO BC TOMORROW NIGHT: Lowell 27 points, assuming PC sweeps (this is a just universe)
    ~ BU takes 4 points, 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. PC 4. Lowell 5. Notre Dame
    ~ BU takes 3 points 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. PC 4. Lowell 5. Notre Dame
    ~ BU takes 2 points 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. Notre Dame 4. Providence 5. Lowell
    ~ BU takes 1 point 1. BC, 2. Notre Dame 3. BU 4. PC 5. Lowell
    ~ BU takes 0 points 1. Notre Dame, 2. BC, 3. BU, 4. PC, 5. Lowell
    One problem, BC already has 29 points, not 28.

A win against BC on Friday guarantees that Lowell can finish no lower than the #2 seed, and would take the #1 seed with a BU/ND split or ND taking 3 points from BU

A tie against BC on Friday guarantees that Lowell will be the #3 seed since either ND or BU could pass them, but not both.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #3 seed if PC fails to sweep UMass AND BU takes 3+ points from ND.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #4 seed if PC fails to sweep UMass OR BU takes 3+ points from ND.

A loss against BC on Friday means that Lowell would be the #5 seed if PC sweeps UMass AND BU splits with ND
    Last edited by ScottK; 02-23-2017, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    True, getting too late and too much calculating going on! I was thinking both would have 13, but that was when I had BU/ND splitting. Not ND taking 3.

So if UML gets one more point, I don't see a scenario where they are 4th seed?
    posted below, but I can't get them lower than second if they tie

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

I agree I can't find the tie breaking scenario that puts them 4th. Unfortunately we may still need at least a tie to clinch the bye

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Jim Connelly just said if Lowell ties tomorrow they can't finish worse than 4th. He didn't explain the scenario that gets them 4th.
    A tie puts Lowell at 28 points. Since PC only has 23 with 2 games left no matter what the result of their games with Amherst (not that there is much question of what that result will be), they cannot pass Lowell. At 28 points, BC now has 30

Lowell Beats BC
    ~BU takes 4 points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. PC or Notre Dame
    ~BU takes 3 points, 1. BU, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. Notre Dame (wins the possible TB with PC)
    ~BU takes 2 points, 1. Lowell, 2. BU, 3. BC. 4. Notre Dame
    ~BU takes 1 point, 1. Lowell, 2. BC, 3. Notre Dame 4. BU
    ~BU takes 0 points, 1. Notre Dame, 2. Lowell, 3. BC, 4. BU

Lowell Ties BC
    ~BU takes 4 points, the standings end up 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. Lowell 4. PC or Notre Dame or maybe UVM (I'll leave this to Todd's thread cause I think we all only care what happens to Lowell
    ~BU takes 3 Points, 1. BU, 2. BC 3. Lowell 4. Notre Dame 5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 2 points, 1. BC, 2. BU 3. Lowell (wins based on # of conference wins) 4. Notre Dame 5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 1 point, 1. BC 2. Notre Dame 3. Lowell 4. BU5. PC/UVM
    ~BU takes 0 points, 1. Notre Dame 2. BC 3. Lowell 4. BU/Providence

BC Beats Lowell
    ~ BU takes 4 points, 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. PC 4. Lowell 5. Notre Dame
    ~ BU takes 3 points 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. PC 4. Lowell 5. Notre Dame
    ~ BU takes 2 points 1. BU, 2. BC, 3. Notre Dame 4. Providence 5. Lowell
    ~ BU takes 1 point 1. BC, 2. Notre Dame 3. BU 4. PC 5. Lowell
    ~ BU takes 0 points 1. Notre Dame, 2. BC, 3. BU, 4. PC, 5. Lowell
    Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 02-23-2017, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Lowell would take that on tie-breaker #2 - most league wins.
    True, getting too late and too much calculating going on! I was thinking both would have 13, but that was when I had BU/ND splitting. Not ND taking 3.

So if UML gets one more point, I don't see a scenario where they are 4th seed?
    Last edited by Tater; 02-23-2017, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    BC and UML ties. ND takes 3 from BU.

BU and UML would be tied for 3rd. BU would be 3rd seed and Lowell 4th from the third tiebreaker, record against #1 seed team. BU is 2-0 vs BC, UML would be 1-0-1 vs BC.
    Lowell would take that on tie-breaker #2 - most league wins.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Jim Connelly just said if Lowell ties tomorrow they can't finish worse than 4th. He didn't explain the scenario that gets them 4th.
    BC and UML ties. ND takes 3 from BU.

BU and UML would be tied for 3rd. BU would be 3rd seed and Lowell 4th from the third tiebreaker, record against #1 seed team. BU is 2-0 vs BC, UML would be 1-0-1 vs BC.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

I think he was just saying that if they get a tie tomorrow they clinch a bye, because a tie tomorrow actually guarantees they'll be no worse than 3rd. A win tomorrow guarantees they'll be no worse than 2nd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X