X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I know someone asked and I can't remember the answer- why are the nameplates off the shirts that are out for bid?
    From what I have read online in some other forums for other sports, the rule is the nameplates need to be removed for players that are still eligible and with the team.

I noticed the Senior Jerseys were not part of the auction. Not sure if they are waiting to sell those with nameplates after the season, or maybe they are letting the Seniors keep them as gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      From what I have read online in some other forums for other sports, the rule is the nameplates need to be removed for players that are still eligible and with the team.

I noticed the Senior Jerseys were not part of the auction. Not sure if they are waiting to sell those with nameplates after the season, or maybe they are letting the Seniors keep them as gifts.
      the school can't gift them, iirc, but they can sell them at cost
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I asked mr les. They can't have names because it would mean using the player's name for benefit. Chock this up to one more stupid NCAA rule. Some day the NCAA may actually think before making a rule but probably when I am long gone.

Comment

If my math is correct...if we take 3 points this weekend vs BC, we will be locked in as the 3 seed. We will not be able to move any higher or lower based on the tie breakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I asked mr les. They can't have names because it would mean using the player's name for benefit. Chock this up to one more stupid NCAA rule. Some day the NCAA may actually think before making a rule but probably when I am long gone.
            Well. It's a legitimate one which has lead to lawsuits... the biggest one that has put the kibosh on NCAA themed video games.

If it were allowed then the student could sue because somebody else is profiting off of their likeness... otherwise you'd have to explicitly pay the athlete.

It's a rabbit hole, les
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              the biggest one that has put the kibosh on NCAA themed video games.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                If my math is correct...if we take 3 points this weekend vs BC, we will be locked in as the 3 seed. We will not be able to move any higher or lower based on the tie breakers.
                I'll sign up for 3 pts right now.

Comment

Article in today's Lowell Sun that has some BC series preview information as well as some miscellaneous notes including info on Panico with Bazin saying "defenseman Tommy Panico, who suffered a head injury vs. UMass on Feb. 11, remains out."

But I guess according to Carvel the Amherst coach, as noted by someone here last weekend, he was quoted as saying "somebody inside the league, per their coach, said that "that penalty shouldn't have been a penalty much less a five minute major"... you guys saw it, I didn't." What a ******. Not liking this Carvel very much and he sounded very frustrated after the game Saturday too. What was he expecting when he took the coaching job at the dumpster fire (oh I'm sorry, "flagship")?

Lowell weekend preview

Winterfest detour directions for Friday's game
                  Last edited by riverchief1; 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                    I'll sign up for 3 pts right now.
                    I'll start with settling for 2 points tomorrow, then we'll see what happens on Friday.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Who's heading to BC Thursday night? Shake Shack might be a possibility for pre-game around the corner.
                      Have you picked up a ticket yet? I have an extra since Mom isn't up to joining us tonight.

Comment

Vital game tonight ... get the W, keep BC rolling backward. Or, they come here looking for a sweep tomorrow.
                        Last edited by UMLFan; 02-23-2017, 08:35 AM.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                          Have you picked up a ticket yet? I have an extra since Mom isn't up to joining us tonight.
                          Nope. Was heading down to hopefully hit Shake Shack if have enough time and then be at Conte around 6:30. What time were you getting there tonight?
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            Nope. Was heading down to hopefully hit Shake Shack if have enough time and then be at Conte around 6:30. What time were you getting there tonight?
                            Will meet you at Shake Shack. I should be there around 5:15-5:30 depending on traffic.

Comment

The Penguins are becoming Lowell South.

@penguins
                              The Pens have acquired defenseman Ron Hainsey from the Hurricanes in exchange for a 2017 2nd-rounder & Danny Kristo.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                                Will meet you at Shake Shack. I should be there around 5:15-5:30 depending on traffic.
                                Sounds good, thanks!
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X