X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Its the end of the season... if they aren't ready for BC that's their problem
    The question was not about Lowell's preparedness.
    Regarding the Mullen center, I went for the first time last month. The place was pretty dead, but the students were not back yet from winter break.

Comment

BU-UNH tie is good for us
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
        The question was not about Lowell's preparedness.
        Regarding the Mullen center, I went for the first time last month. The place was pretty dead, but the students were not back yet from winter break.
        BC should be desperate no matter what... lose two and you're in for a world of hurt (BC that is, Lowell's world won't be great either if we lose two) . Think nationally
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          BU-UNH tie is good for us
          Even though UNH blew two 2 goal leads, the tie is acceptable. Hopefully they can notch a three point weekend, beating BU tomorrow night. Or another tie.

PC and Fake Hockey East are tied 1-1 late in the 2nd which is also good. A tie there would be very helpful.

And VT has tied BC with around 3:00 to go in 3rd. Very good.
          Last edited by riverchief1; 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            Even though UNH blew two 2 goal leads, the tie is acceptable. Hopefully they can notch a three point weekend, beating BU tomorrow night. Or another tie.

PC and Fake Hockey East are tied 1-1 late in the 2nd which is also good. A tie there would be very helpful.

And VT has tied BC with around 3:00 to go in 3rd. Very good.
            Ties everywhere works surprisingly well for us.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Ties everywhere works surprisingly well for us.
              Yup. But Fake Hockey East just scored to go up 2-1 but it's early in the third and PC has been hot so just keep hoping for a tie there.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

notre dame up 4-1 i guess that is good for lowell

Comment

Yup. But Fake Hockey East just scored to go up 2-1 but it's early in the third and PC has been hot so just keep hoping for a tie there.
                  It's 4-1 now.

We need to root for BC and Notre Dame tomorrow. I think I'm going to be sick after typing that.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    It's 4-1 now.

We need to root for BC and Notre Dame tomorrow. I think I'm going to be sick after typing that.
                    PC winning wouldn't be the worst thing. We just really dont want to end up in a weird tiebreak with them
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

PC winning wouldn't be the worst thing. We just really dont want to end up in a weird tiebreak with them
                      A Notre Dame win combined with a Lowell win at UMass puts Lowell 3 points ahead of PC with 2 games left. That would mean Lowell just needs a split with BC to get a bye. If PC wins tomorrow, things get a lot more complicated.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        A Notre Dame win combined with a Lowell win at UMass puts Lowell 3 points ahead of PC with 2 games left. That would mean Lowell just needs a split with BC to get a bye. If PC wins tomorrow, things get a lot more complicated.
                        Agreed, I'm thinking along the lines of of they split lowell has an easier path to the one seed
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Agreed, I'm thinking along the lines of of they split lowell has an easier path to the one seed
                          A BC win tomorrow removes that possibility but also puts us clear of Vermont. I just want to find the easiest path to a 1st round bye at this point.

Comment

A BC win tomorrow removes that possibility but also puts us clear of Vermont. I just want to find the easiest path to a 1st round bye at this point.
                            Yeah, that's my thought now. Just win the last three and whatever happens with everyone else just happens.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Yes, unfortunately have to root for Fake Hockey East tonight.

And they and BC are both in big trouble in pairwise. BC is right at 16 and FHE is tied for 14. Lowell is looking sort of safe at 8 but shouldn't tempt fate and just keep winning.
                              Last edited by riverchief1; 02-18-2017, 07:40 AM.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Yes, unfortunately have to root for Fake Hockey East tonight.

And they and BC are both in big trouble in pairwise. BC is right at 16 and FHE is tied for 14. Lowell is looking sort of safe at 8 but shouldn't tempt fate and just keep winning.
                                I don't feel safe at all. Things are so so so tight in the pairwise right now. Last nights Providence loss dropped them from 8 to 12 in a blink of an eye. That loss was to the 18th ranked team at the time in pairwise on the road. With that said, tonight game vs Umass is huge. I would imagine if we were to lose to them and the other teams that are hot on our heals won...we would then be a bubble team going into the BC weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X