X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yeah, he sucked and we hated him. Not a very good player and could never understand how a draft pick was wasted on him.

Forgot about how the players would sometimes just level him, ignoring the puck. That was funny to see.
    Spoiled brat who didn't get his way so screwed the program. No bitterness here

Comment

My weekend wish list:
      Riverhawks beat UMA 25 pts.
      BU loses 2 vs UNH 24 pts.
      PC sweeps ND 26 & 23 pts.
      BC sweeps VT 31 & 20 pts.
      This all means Lowell just needs 1 point in the final weekend to clinch a playoff bye.
      I know that these exact results are slim to none, so I mainly hope the Riverhawks just play well at Amherst
      and bring it vs BC the way we know they can and we will be in great shape for postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
        My weekend wish list:
        Riverhawks beat UMA 25 pts.
        BU loses 2 vs UNH 24 pts.
        PC sweeps ND 26 & 23 pts.
        BC sweeps VT 31 & 20 pts.
        This all means Lowell just needs 1 point in the final weekend to clinch a playoff bye.
        I know that these exact results are slim to none, so I mainly hope the Riverhawks just play well at Amherst
        and bring it vs BC the way we know they can and we will be in great shape for postseason.
        I'd prefer bc and UVM split, just for the slim chance at the reg season title
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          Sounds good. This is from the HE weekend preview -

"UMass Lowell currently owns the third seed in the Hockey East tournament, tied with Notre Dame in points and has the ability, with help, to take the regular season crown."
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            Sounds good. This is from the HE weekend preview -

"UMass Lowell currently owns the third seed in the Hockey East tournament, tied with Notre Dame in points and has the ability, with help, to take the regular season crown."
            Gotta get through Saturday unscathed though
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

That's my feeling exactly. Just take care of business.

Who's heading to Amherst Saturday night?

Comment

That's a given. Last weekend's Amherst game was nerve wracking so hopefully they won't make it hard on themselves, pulling one of their classic lack of urgency/playing down to opponent games, looking beyond to the huge BC series.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  That's my feeling exactly. Just take care of business.

Who's heading to Amherst Saturday night?
                  I'll pass. Went there for my first and only game about 15 years ago and vowed never to back. The most horrible, vile fan experience ever. Might make the trip to BC though next Thursday night.
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

My wish list next week may call for 1st place. I find it hard to believe that 1st place BC is actually on the outside looking in on the NCAAS right now. #15 in the pairwise with 2 automatic bids lower. VT is #16 so those to have a lot on the line this weekend.
                    Question: is Lowell better off facing a desperate BC squad in the final week or one that is more comfortably placed leaguewise and pairwise?

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                      My wish list next week may call for 1st place. I find it hard to believe that 1st place BC is actually on the outside looking in on the NCAAS right now. #15 in the pairwise with 2 automatic bids lower. VT is #16 so those to have a lot on the line this weekend.
                      Question: is Lowell better off facing a desperate BC squad in the final week or one that is more comfortably placed leaguewise and pairwise?
                      Even if bc sweeps UVM they'll still be desparate. I'll be rooting for whatever situation best suits lowell, and right now the 1 seed feels best.

Unless uconn finishes 8. UConn and MC scare me in the second round
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

I'll pass. Went there for my first and only game about 15 years ago and vowed never to back. The most horrible, vile fan experience ever. Might make the trip to BC though next Thursday night.
                        This. The place was like a mausoleum- mostly empty with fans that were a cross between comatose and prided themselves in being completely obnoxious for no reason. No desire to repeat. That and my money, paid in fees to build a parking garage, was shanghai-ed when the merged into the University system. Instead of the parking garage they promised us they absorbed it into the 'system' and built the Mullins Mausoleum. Still a wee bit bitter.... (and showing my age bracket)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          This. The place was like a mausoleum- mostly empty with fans that were a cross between comatose and prided themselves in being completely obnoxious for no reason. No desire to repeat. That and my money, paid in fees to build a parking garage, was shanghai-ed when the merged into the University system. Instead of the parking garage they promised us they absorbed it into the 'system' and built the Mullins Mausoleum. Still a wee bit bitter.... (and showing my age bracket)
                          wimps
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                            Its the end of the season... if they aren't ready for BC that's their problem
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

That's a given. Last weekend's Amherst game was nerve wracking so hopefully they won't make it hard on themselves, pulling one of their classic lack of urgency/playing down to opponent games, looking beyond to the huge BC series.
                              Both games against UMass haven't been easy this year. I'd love a nice 8-1 win, but Carvel's at least got his kids playing hard against us.

Must win tomorrow night, I won't worry about next week till next week.

And I agree with you all ... I haven't been out to ZooMass in a while. Their fans are rude, vile and their chants aren't even creative when they come at us. Hell, I could do better (and I wish OUR student section would do the same).
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Its the end of the season... if they aren't ready for BC that's their problem
                                Exactly this.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X