X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    I like that the highlights are beginning to include more than just the goals, but they didn't include the game winner?

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Quinn "They've got one teenager on their roster. We have 20. So let's start there."

Ahhhhh, when you can complain about getting all the blue chip draft prospects and somehow turn it into a disadvantage.
      I was talking to a BU friend last night about this, that I hate when York/Parker complained exactly about this. Pathetic from Quinn.
      Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      I like that the highlights are beginning to include more than just the goals, but they didn't include the game winner?
      I tweeted at them last night to fix this. That's dumb by whomever puts this together.

About the game itself ... they absolutely took it to BU for about 45 minutes. But when BU needed to get going, that was scary. We couldn't get out of our zone, they dominated us.
      Last edited by UMLFan; 02-11-2017, 01:06 PM.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Updated highlights with Hausingers goal

The heck is going on there tonight?
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

3-2. Thank goodness. (crosses fingers..)
          BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Norm postgame mentions how he's coaching "teenagers". Wonder if that's in response to some comments from last night
            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Norm postgame mentions how he's coaching "teenagers". Wonder if that's in response to some comments from last night
              Game highlights.

Bazin postgame.

Carvel postgame.

Hopefully Tommy Panico is ok.
              Last edited by boblav1; 02-11-2017, 10:50 PM.

Comment

One of the few Amherst fans around from over on that hoops message board, complaining about last night. Since they're never around here, you have to go to that site for entertainment -

"Jeff Bunyon turns a potential penalty shot into an embellishment call with Ray Pigozzi, Then later calls him AGAIN for embellishment when he was hopping over a player.

As ref crews, you know who the divers are in the fall (and earlier, he is a Senior). Brutal. That what happens to bad teams on the road...screwed."

Some of us did think though that it could've been called a penalty shot. But no love for dirtbag Pigozzi after that hit on Panico last night. Hearing he got at least six stitches in chin and is being watched for concussion.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Was hoping for some help from the lower teams but it did not come....the dogfight continues next weekend for third and fourth....unless BU and BC crumble last two weekends kinda figure they have at least 2 of the spots locked up.

Comment

One of the few Amherst fans around from over on that hoops message board, complaining about last night. Since they're never around here, you have to go to that site for entertainment -

"Jeff Bunyon turns a potential penalty shot into an embellishment call with Ray Pigozzi, Then later calls him AGAIN for embellishment when he was hopping over a player.

As ref crews, you know who the divers are in the fall (and earlier, he is a Senior). Brutal. That what happens to bad teams on the road...screwed."

Some of us did think though that it could've been called a penalty shot. But no love for dirtbag Pigozzi after that hit on Panico last night. Hearing he got at least six stitches in chin and is being watched for concussion.
                    Got some of that on Twitter last night, especially with the 5min major. Some claiming it was clearly a hit from the side. I just shook my head. I think they probably have a beef with the CJ Smith hook on the SH breakaway, I didn't think that one was anywhere near as egregious as the embellishment of the trip in the third. He acted like he was shot from a cannon on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

It was an embellishment on the breakaway
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Got some of that on Twitter last night, especially with the 5min major. Some claiming it was clearly a hit from the side. I just shook my head. I think they probably have a beef with the CJ Smith hook on the SH breakaway, I didn't think that one was anywhere near as egregious as the embellishment of the trip in the third. He acted like he was shot from a cannon on that one.
                        Seriously? Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit. We saw a replay from the opposite side as it took place down below in front of us and I couldn't believe the impact Panico took into the boards with his neck and head recoiling back. Plus Pigboy was standing up in the box like he knew the ejection was going to happen and then puts on a little Joey Diamond show as he exited the ice.

Love to hear more from the Amherst fans but they hide, what few of them there are, on that message board site and haven't shown their faces here in years. Looks like I have to go on Twitter to find and troll them.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit. Plus Pigboy was standing up in the box like he knew the ejection was going to happen and then puts on a little Joey Diamond show as he exited the ice.

HA. I remember that Joey Diamond incident. It was a fitting ending to his collegiate career. When exiting down the Zamboni hallway, both Diamond and Pigozzi took out their frustrations on the Tsgonas walls. Pigozzi, being a bit bigger in stature than Diamond, was able to fling his stick at the wall with a little more velocity and got a much better bounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            Seriously? Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit. We saw a replay from the opposite side as it took place down below in front of us and I couldn't believe the impact Panico took into the boards with his neck and head recoiling back. Plus Pigboy was standing up in the box like he knew the ejection was going to happen and then puts on a little Joey Diamond show as he exited the ice.

Love to hear more from the Amherst fans but they hide, what few of them there are, on that message board site and haven't shown their faces here in years. Looks like I have to go on Twitter to find and troll them.
                            They were in the thread about carvel for a bit. The fact he's underperforming relative to Michelletto makes things even funnier
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Seriously? Plus Pigboy was standing up in the box like he knew the ejection was going to happen
                              I mentioned this at the time. The replay showed he clearly hit Panico a good 5-6 feet away from the board, square in to back, and that led to an extremely awkward collision.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                They were in the thread about carvel for a bit. The fact he's underperforming relative to Michelletto makes things even funnier
                                I don't think you can judge Carvel yet. He wasn't left much in the cupboard. His recruiting is really good so far.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X