X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Well that was a craptacular weekend. Dropped from 5th to 12th in pairwise too and granted there's a lot of hockey yet to play but Lowell can't afford any more weekends like this one again.
    That was one ugly third period. A great job by the Friars as they just wore the Hawks down. The team had trouble just getting the puck out of their own zone. Norm mentioned having to shorten his bench. Did someone get hurt? Winkler didn't see much ice time according Bob Ellis.

Did Master get hurt Friday night? I know he went off early in the game but returned. Where's Leclerc? Team depth is looking a little thin.

Comment

That third period was probably the worst period Lowell has played all season. Until the penalty with under 2 minutes to play they might have spent about 2 minutes in the offensive zone total. They just could not get the puck out of their own zone, and when they did, they had no sustained pressure at all.

As bad as this weekend was, given the 9 games they have left, 6-3 the rest of the way is not unreasonable, and that should still put them in a good spot for a 1st round bye. I'm figuring teams will need 27 points to get to 4th. The past 2 years the number has been 28 and 26 points to get a bye, so 27 is a reasonable estimate.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Norm's post game interview.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FdB...ature=youtu.be

Comment

With all of tonight's games now over, Lowell is sitting at 10th in the pairwise. Bad weekend, but probably not as bad as the weekend two years ago when PC swept Lowell.

Must win next Friday against an NU team that has had Lowell number in recent years.

Comment

Game highlights:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SumqJtlyQnc

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Did Master get hurt Friday night? I know he went off early in the game but returned. Where's Leclerc? Team depth is looking a little thin.
              I assume he must have been feeling the effects of Friday. I think it was a wrist/arm that he went down for. He's been playing pretty well, so I don't think Norm would pull him for performance reasons. I was wondering bout Leclerc on Friday. How many games has he been out? Is he a healthy scratch each week or his he dealing with some injuries as well?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                I assume he must have been feeling the effects of Friday. I think it was a wrist/arm that he went down for. He's been playing pretty well, so I don't think Norm would pull him for performance reasons. I was wondering bout Leclerc on Friday. How many games has he been out? Is he a healthy scratch each week or his he dealing with some injuries as well?
                Hopefully Master is ready to go this weekend. Leclerc's last game was on 11/11/16 at Maine. He saw action in 9 of the first 12 games. Ryan Collins has only played in 6 games and Winkler skated in his 5th game Saturday night.

Comment

I'd been wondering the same about Master so hopefully he's healed up as I would think that's the issue. With Leclerc, it might be he's just a bust, don't know but I haven't heard anything about injury so maybe he's just taking longer to get the hang of the system or something. If he ever does.

Need to right the ship against NU Friday and then hopefully stay competitive with BU Saturday.
                  Last edited by riverchief1; 01-23-2017, 04:50 PM.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Need to right the ship against NU Friday and then hopefully stay competitive with BU Saturday.
                    One game at a time. NU will be tough and they have some offensive fire power. They currently have three players in the top ten in scoring in the nation (Aston-Reese (4), Sikura (5) and Gaudette (10)). Joe Gambardella is eighth in scoring. Aston-Reese also leads the nation in goals with 21. The Huskies scored 4 power play goals (4 for 11) in their weekend sweep of MC.

Looking at the NU thread it looks like their goalie Ruck has struggled at times. Hopefully the Hawks can keep the puck in the NU end and get a few past him early and then stay out of the box.
                    Last edited by boblav1; 01-23-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Tonight's Hockey East results:

MC over BU 3-1
                      BC over UConn 2-1
                      Last edited by boblav1; 01-24-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I'd been wondering the same about Master so hopefully he's healed up as I would think that's the issue. With Leclerc, it might be he's just a bust, don't know but I haven't heard anything about injury so maybe he's just taking longer to get the hang of the system or something. If he ever does.

Did he come in as an 18 year old? But yeah, hopefully he just needed some time to get his feet wet...

Comment

Did he come in as an 18 year old? But yeah, hopefully he just needed some time to get his feet wet...
                          LeClerc? He turned 21 just prior to this year, which is his freshman year.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            LeClerc? He turned 21 just prior to this year, which is his freshman year.
                            Hmmm, that doesn't bode well.

Comment

Did anyone attend the "Breakfast with Bazin" this morning?

Lowell Sun piece about attending a game.
                              http://www.whatdouwannado.com/ci_30751867

Comment

The Bruins' Colin Miller just took out Scott Wilson in a fight near the end of the second period. But nice to see him and Chad Ruhwedel playing tonight.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X