• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leswp1
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    I'll pass. Went there for my first and only game about 15 years ago and vowed never to back. The most horrible, vile fan experience ever. Might make the trip to BC though next Thursday night.
    This. The place was like a mausoleum- mostly empty with fans that were a cross between comatose and prided themselves in being completely obnoxious for no reason. No desire to repeat. That and my money, paid in fees to build a parking garage, was shanghai-ed when the merged into the University system. Instead of the parking garage they promised us they absorbed it into the 'system' and built the Mullins Mausoleum. Still a wee bit bitter.... (and showing my age bracket)

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    My wish list next week may call for 1st place. I find it hard to believe that 1st place BC is actually on the outside looking in on the NCAAS right now. #15 in the pairwise with 2 automatic bids lower. VT is #16 so those to have a lot on the line this weekend.
    Question: is Lowell better off facing a desperate BC squad in the final week or one that is more comfortably placed leaguewise and pairwise?
    Even if bc sweeps UVM they'll still be desparate. I'll be rooting for whatever situation best suits lowell, and right now the 1 seed feels best.

Unless uconn finishes 8. UConn and MC scare me in the second round

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    I'd prefer bc and UVM split, just for the slim chance at the reg season title
    My wish list next week may call for 1st place. I find it hard to believe that 1st place BC is actually on the outside looking in on the NCAAS right now. #15 in the pairwise with 2 automatic bids lower. VT is #16 so those to have a lot on the line this weekend.
    Question: is Lowell better off facing a desperate BC squad in the final week or one that is more comfortably placed leaguewise and pairwise?

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    That's my feeling exactly. Just take care of business.

Who's heading to Amherst Saturday night?
    I'll pass. Went there for my first and only game about 15 years ago and vowed never to back. The most horrible, vile fan experience ever. Might make the trip to BC though next Thursday night.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Gotta get through Saturday unscathed though
    That's a given. Last weekend's Amherst game was nerve wracking so hopefully they won't make it hard on themselves, pulling one of their classic lack of urgency/playing down to opponent games, looking beyond to the huge BC series.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

That's my feeling exactly. Just take care of business.

Who's heading to Amherst Saturday night?

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Sounds good. This is from the HE weekend preview -

"UMass Lowell currently owns the third seed in the Hockey East tournament, tied with Notre Dame in points and has the ability, with help, to take the regular season crown."

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Sounds good. This is from the HE weekend preview -

"UMass Lowell currently owns the third seed in the Hockey East tournament, tied with Notre Dame in points and has the ability, with help, to take the regular season crown."

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    My weekend wish list:
    Riverhawks beat UMA 25 pts.
    BU loses 2 vs UNH 24 pts.
    PC sweeps ND 26 & 23 pts.
    BC sweeps VT 31 & 20 pts.
    This all means Lowell just needs 1 point in the final weekend to clinch a playoff bye.
    I know that these exact results are slim to none, so I mainly hope the Riverhawks just play well at Amherst
    and bring it vs BC the way we know they can and we will be in great shape for postseason.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

My weekend wish list:
    Riverhawks beat UMA 25 pts.
    BU loses 2 vs UNH 24 pts.
    PC sweeps ND 26 & 23 pts.
    BC sweeps VT 31 & 20 pts.
    This all means Lowell just needs 1 point in the final weekend to clinch a playoff bye.
    I know that these exact results are slim to none, so I mainly hope the Riverhawks just play well at Amherst
    and bring it vs BC the way we know they can and we will be in great shape for postseason.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Yeah, he sucked and we hated him. Not a very good player and could never understand how a draft pick was wasted on him.

Forgot about how the players would sometimes just level him, ignoring the puck. That was funny to see.
    Spoiled brat who didn't get his way so screwed the program. No bitterness here

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I remember the taunting of the crowd that got louder every time he hit the ice and him being hit as hard as possible at every opportunity (opportunities were made, if I recall, sometimes instead of going after the puck ). I just couldn't remember the ba5tard's name.
    Yeah, he sucked and we hated him. Not a very good player and could never understand how a draft pick was wasted on him.

Forgot about how the players would sometimes just level him, ignoring the puck. That was funny to see.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Yes, this is great! Hopefully in addition to honoring the seniors on February 24, they also bring Riley out on to the ice for a bow too. There will be a huge crowd that night and better then than during a home playoff game where attendance always drops for some reason.

Oh c'mon, you don't remember Matt Hayes? Every time he hit the ice during his two seasons at Merrimack after he left Lowell, the "Maaaaaaaatys" would rain down on him and I did delight in how the Lowell players always checked him hard to no end. He was actually the 7th round pick (135 overall) of the Blues in the 1988 NHL draft for some reason as he only scored 13 total points in four college hockey seasons (really pathetic) and was never heard from again thankfully.
    I remember the taunting of the crowd that got louder every time he hit the ice and him being hit as hard as possible at every opportunity (opportunities were made, if I recall, sometimes instead of going after the puck ). I just couldn't remember the ba5tard's name.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good for him!

In your face to Maaaaaaatty, the player who screwed Riley over after he was disciplined (can't remember his name. Remember he transferred to Merrimack and our guys regularly checked him to oblivion when ever we played them). And an even bigger in your face to our AD at the time who went on the witch hunt, causing him to step down.
    Yes, this is great! Hopefully in addition to honoring the seniors on February 24, they also bring Riley out on to the ice for a bow too. There will be a huge crowd that night and better then than during a home playoff game where attendance always drops for some reason.

Oh c'mon, you don't remember Matt Hayes? Every time he hit the ice during his two seasons at Merrimack after he left Lowell, the "Maaaaaaaatys" would rain down on him and I did delight in how the Lowell players always checked him hard to no end. Somehow he was actually the 7th round pick (135 overall) of the Blues in the 1988 NHL draft but he only scored 13 total points in four college hockey seasons (really pathetic) and was never heard from again thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Good for him!

In your face to Maaaaaaatty, the player who screwed Riley over after he was disciplined (can't remember his name. Remember he transferred to Merrimack and our guys regularly checked him to oblivion when ever we played them). And an even bigger in your face to our AD at the time who went on the witch hunt, causing him to step down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X