X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    A Notre Dame win combined with a Lowell win at UMass puts Lowell 3 points ahead of PC with 2 games left. That would mean Lowell just needs a split with BC to get a bye. If PC wins tomorrow, things get a lot more complicated.
    Agreed, I'm thinking along the lines of of they split lowell has an easier path to the one seed

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    PC winning wouldn't be the worst thing. We just really dont want to end up in a weird tiebreak with them
    A Notre Dame win combined with a Lowell win at UMass puts Lowell 3 points ahead of PC with 2 games left. That would mean Lowell just needs a split with BC to get a bye. If PC wins tomorrow, things get a lot more complicated.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    It's 4-1 now.

We need to root for BC and Notre Dame tomorrow. I think I'm going to be sick after typing that.
    PC winning wouldn't be the worst thing. We just really dont want to end up in a weird tiebreak with them

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yup. But Fake Hockey East just scored to go up 2-1 but it's early in the third and PC has been hot so just keep hoping for a tie there.
    It's 4-1 now.

We need to root for BC and Notre Dame tomorrow. I think I'm going to be sick after typing that.

Leave a comment:

• UMLDOUG
    replied

notre dame up 4-1 i guess that is good for lowell

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Ties everywhere works surprisingly well for us.
    Yup. But Fake Hockey East just scored to go up 2-1 but it's early in the third and PC has been hot so just keep hoping for a tie there.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Even though UNH blew two 2 goal leads, the tie is acceptable. Hopefully they can notch a three point weekend, beating BU tomorrow night. Or another tie.

PC and Fake Hockey East are tied 1-1 late in the 2nd which is also good. A tie there would be very helpful.

And VT has tied BC with around 3:00 to go in 3rd. Very good.
    Ties everywhere works surprisingly well for us.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

BU-UNH tie is good for us
    Even though UNH blew two 2 goal leads, the tie is acceptable. Hopefully they can notch a three point weekend, beating BU tomorrow night. Or another tie.

PC and Fake Hockey East are tied 1-1 late in the 2nd which is also good. A tie there would be very helpful.

And VT has tied BC with around 3:00 to go in 3rd. Very good.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    The question was not about Lowell's preparedness.
    Regarding the Mullen center, I went for the first time last month. The place was pretty dead, but the students were not back yet from winter break.
    BC should be desperate no matter what... lose two and you're in for a world of hurt (BC that is, Lowell's world won't be great either if we lose two) . Think nationally

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

BU-UNH tie is good for us

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Its the end of the season... if they aren't ready for BC that's their problem
    The question was not about Lowell's preparedness.
    Regarding the Mullen center, I went for the first time last month. The place was pretty dead, but the students were not back yet from winter break.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Exactly this.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

That's a given. Last weekend's Amherst game was nerve wracking so hopefully they won't make it hard on themselves, pulling one of their classic lack of urgency/playing down to opponent games, looking beyond to the huge BC series.
    Both games against UMass haven't been easy this year. I'd love a nice 8-1 win, but Carvel's at least got his kids playing hard against us.

Must win tomorrow night, I won't worry about next week till next week.

And I agree with you all ... I haven't been out to ZooMass in a while. Their fans are rude, vile and their chants aren't even creative when they come at us. Hell, I could do better (and I wish OUR student section would do the same).

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    My wish list next week may call for 1st place. I find it hard to believe that 1st place BC is actually on the outside looking in on the NCAAS right now. #15 in the pairwise with 2 automatic bids lower. VT is #16 so those to have a lot on the line this weekend.
    Question: is Lowell better off facing a desperate BC squad in the final week or one that is more comfortably placed leaguewise and pairwise?

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    This. The place was like a mausoleum- mostly empty with fans that were a cross between comatose and prided themselves in being completely obnoxious for no reason. No desire to repeat. That and my money, paid in fees to build a parking garage, was shanghai-ed when the merged into the University system. Instead of the parking garage they promised us they absorbed it into the 'system' and built the Mullins Mausoleum. Still a wee bit bitter.... (and showing my age bracket)
    wimps

Leave a comment:

Working...
X