• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverchief1
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I can't wait for the games this week.

Interesting to note, last year, the same 5 teams were competing for the bye. The split against BC is what got us the bye (and pushed BU to fifth).

A reminder:

#1 BC and #4 Lowell, home and home.
    #2 BU and #3 Notre Dame, two at BU
    #5 PC and #12 UMass, home and home
    #6 UVM and #7 Merrimack, two at UVM

I added UVM since they can actually still surpass us.

The best seed possible for Lowell is 1st, the worst is 6th. With only two games left, that's a huge gap in seedings.

Of course, if we finish fourth, we play PC most likely in the second round, and I don't think anyone wants to see that. Finishing third would most likely get us UVM.
    Yes, fourth is bad. I want no part of PC or UConn for that matter, at any point in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

I can't wait for the games this week.

Interesting to note, last year, the same 5 teams were competing for the bye. The split against BC is what got us the bye (and pushed BU to fifth).

A reminder:

#1 BC and #4 Lowell, home and home.
    #2 BU and #3 Notre Dame, two at BU
    #5 PC and #12 UMass, home and home
    #6 UVM and #7 Merrimack, two at UVM

I added UVM since they can actually still surpass us.

The best seed possible for Lowell is 1st, the worst is 6th. With only two games left, that's a huge gap in seedings.

Of course, if we finish fourth, we play PC most likely in the second round, and I don't think anyone wants to see that. Finishing third would most likely get us UVM.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

That was a fun team to watch...
    And then we entered the Dark Ages of Lowell Hockey...

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yes, some of those were lean years.

You have to go back all the way to the 1995-96 season to find two players with at least 40 points in a season. That year Lowell actually had five players do it -

Brendan Concannon (23-39-62)
    Christian Sbrocca (17-42-59)
    Jeff Daw (23-28-51)
    Neil Donovan (23-20-43)
    Jon Mahoney (21-20-41)

And a sixth, Ed Campbell, was 2 points away at 38. That team had some serious firepower right down the line. Even the goalies got into the act with Marty Fillion and Craig Lindsay having 5 and 4 assists respectively.
    That was a fun team to watch...

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Unless I missed someone, the last time a Lowell player hit 40 points in a season was 03/04 with Elias Godoy. Both Gamby and CJ have hit that mark this year. I didn't go back further than 03/04 to see when the last time two of our players did that in the same year.

What was scary going back the past decade plus ... one year Tejchma led the team with 21 points. Yikes.
    Yes, some of those were lean years.

You have to go back all the way to the 1995-96 season to find two players with at least 40 points in a season. That year Lowell actually had five players do it -

Brendan Concannon (23-39-62)
    Christian Sbrocca (17-42-59)
    Jeff Daw (23-28-51)
    Neil Donovan (23-20-43)
    Jon Mahoney (21-20-41)

And a sixth, Ed Campbell, was 2 points away at 38. That team had some serious firepower right down the line. Even the goalies got into the act with Marty Fillion and Craig Lindsay having 5 and 4 assists respectively.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-20-2017, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Unless I missed someone, the last time a Lowell player hit 40 points in a season was 03/04 with Elias Godoy. Both Gamby and CJ have hit that mark this year. I didn't go back further than 03/04 to see when the last time two of our players did that in the same year.

What was scary going back the past decade plus ... one year Tejchma led the team with 21 points. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    2 points is not enough without help.

If Lowell takes 3+ points from BC, they get a bye no matter what.
    If Lowell splits with BC, they need 1 of the following to happen to get a bye:

1. Providence does NOT sweep UMass
    or
    2. BU takes 3+ points from Notre Dame
    or
    3. Notre Dame sweeps BU

Lowell can get the #1 seed if they sweep BC and one of the following happens (assuming I did all the tiebreakers properly):

1. BU/Notre Dame split
    or
    2. Notre Dame takes 3 points from BU
    this made my head hurt. I am more simple. Win everything, every time. done.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

or
    or
    3. Notre Dame sweeps BU

Lowell can get the #1 seed if they sweep BC and one of the following happens (assuming I did all the tiebreakers properly):

1. BU/Notre Dame split
    or
    You're right. My bad. I thought PC had 22 pts. If BU and ND split, Lowell could be left out with 27 pts. OK let's get 4 pts.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I watch the end of that game. What a crazy ending, tough loss for PSU.
    Just watched the highlights. Ending was definitely crazy. PSU exposed once they started to play some decent teams.

BTW, Amherst's highlights are pretty bad. Messy editing and the camera work is lacking most of the time, lagging behind goals, etc. Glad they woke up halfway through the second period though, was getting nervous early on when they only had 5 shots total midway through the second. Need to be on top of their game though for BC and if the pattern continues, that should be the case (playing down vs. playing up to opponents).

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Penn State suffered a devastating loss to Minnesota, so Lowell regains a pairwise slot they dropped earlier in the evening. Still at 8th with 3 more undecided games. It looks like it will take 2 pts next weekend to secure a bye unless the unimaginable happens and zoo mass can do something vs Providence. Zero or 1 point and I think we are out of the top 4. 4th place will most likely match us with Providence in the quarters after they beat zoo mass 4 times. That's a rough proposition. So let's beat up on BC. BIG home and home next week.

or
    or
    3. Notre Dame sweeps BU

1. BU/Notre Dame split
    or
    Last edited by ScottK; 02-18-2017, 11:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Penn State suffered a devastating loss to Minnesota, so Lowell regains a pairwise slot they dropped earlier in the evening. Still at 8th with 3 more undecided games. .
    I watch the end of that game. What a crazy ending, tough loss for PSU.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Penn State suffered a devastating loss to Minnesota, so Lowell regains a pairwise slot they dropped earlier in the evening. Still at 8th with 3 more undecided games. It looks like it will take 2 pts next weekend to secure a bye unless the unimaginable happens and zoo mass can do something vs Providence. Zero or 1 point and I think we are out of the top 4. 4th place will most likely match us with Providence in the quarters after they beat zoo mass 4 times. That's a rough proposition. So let's beat up on BC. BIG home and home next week.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    somebody inside the league, per their coach, said that "that penalty shouldn't have been a penalty much less a five minute major"... you guys saw it, I didn't.

What a whiny twit.
    mr les said it was way nasty. For him to comment at all means it was a nasty hit

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Congratulations to the team on their 6th straight 20 win seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    I wasn't impressed with his post game interview last week. Not sure what all the hype is about. Since I've been following college hockey, SLU (and Clarkson) start each season strong and fade out second half. UMA definitely has some good recruits in the pipeline. I guess we'll see if Carvel can coach too.
    If his attitude bleeds to his players I think we have nothing to worry about

Leave a comment:

Working...
X