AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      Norm to the Bruins current odds set at 20:1
      Is that why he shaved? For the job interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        The real problem is the guy in the number 8 sweater
        I couldn't agree more. I'm not impressed with the decision to do this today during Patriots parade. Neely stopped doing regular weekly interviews on the radio this season as well. Seems like he can't handle the accountability aspect of his job.

Comment

Firing the coach is the wrong move. In order for the Bruins to become relevant again, Neely and Sweeney have to go.
          It was totally wrong to do this on the same day as the Patriots parade. Hey Sweeney, about getting some decent players
          on the team and then not to trade them away.
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

<--- cynical person here
            Pro hockey isn't really about winning, it is about $$. Look at what happens when someone has an up-down contract. They can have great #s, being playing well and they will send them down for a few games because they don't want to pay them the extra $ if they stay up for X games.

Comment

I hate to say this about one of my all time favorite Bruins, but I agree. I actually think Sweeney has done well with drafting the last two years. There's some good young talent in the pipeline. But they've both failed in the free agent/trade markets. That, of course, could also come from the top in regards to $$. At the end of the day, we're looking at three straight years for the Bs to miss the playoffs. I love Julien (best coach in history) but it was time for him to go. The way they did it though makes me feel disgusted.

Back to topic ... we play the #2 and #12 teams in Hockey East this weekend, both at home. Once again, huge games for the Hawks. We're currently in the last bye spot, but the teams behind us all have a game in hand. PC owns the tiebreaker and is a point behind, UVM is also a point behind, but we do have the tie-breaker. UConn two points back, but has the tie-breaker.

Just looking ahead at remaining HE schedules (and where these teams are currently in the standings in HE):
              Lowell: #2 BU, #12 UMass, @ #12 UMass, #1 BC, @ #1 BC
              PC: @ #7 UConn, #7 UConn, @ #3 Notre Dame, @ #3 Notre Dame, @ #12 UMass, #12 UMass
              UVM: #8 UNH, #8 UNH, @ #1 BC, @ #1 BC, #9 MC, #9 MC
              UConn: #5 PC, @ #5 PC, #9 NU, @ #9 NU, @ #8 UNH, #8 UNH

I'd say we have the toughest remaining schedule. There's a desperate need to sweep the two UMass games on our side of things. Add that, and if we can go 1-1-1 against BC and BU, that would put us at 24 points. I don't think that's enough to hold on to that last spot.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                I hate to say this about one of my all time favorite Bruins, but I agree. I actually think Sweeney has done well with drafting the last two years. There's some good young talent in the pipeline. But they've both failed in the free agent/trade markets. That, of course, could also come from the top in regards to $$. At the end of the day, we're looking at three straight years for the Bs to miss the playoffs. I love Julien (best coach in history) but it was time for him to go. The way they did it though makes me feel disgusted.

Back to topic ... we play the #2 and #12 teams in Hockey East this weekend, both at home. Once again, huge games for the Hawks. We're currently in the last bye spot, but the teams behind us all have a game in hand. PC owns the tiebreaker and is a point behind, UVM is also a point behind, but we do have the tie-breaker. UConn two points back, but has the tie-breaker.

Just looking ahead at remaining HE schedules (and where these teams are currently in the standings in HE):
                PC: @ #7 UConn, #7 UConn, @ #3 Notre Dame, @ #3 Notre Dame, @ #12 UMass, #12 UMass

I'd say we have the toughest remaining schedule. There's a desperate need to sweep the two UMass games on our side of things. Add that, and if we can go 1-1-1 against BC and BU, that would put us at 24 points. I don't think that's enough to hold on to that last spot.

I believe we are actually 3 points ahead of UConn. With that said, UConn and PC play tonight...bringing them both to the same amount of games played as UML (17).

The other team in the picture for home ice is Notre Dame. They have two on the road at Maine, two at home vs PC and two on the road at BU. I think we can all agree it appears BC and BU are going to take 2 of the 4 top spots leaving 2 spots open with 5 teams fighting for those spots. The interesting thing to me is how the season ends. UML and BC wraps up their regular season schedule on a Friday while the rest of the league finishes up on the following night. It appears there will be a lot of scoreboard watching going on that Saturday night.

Comment

I think your math is a bit off. If we go 3-1-1 in the final 5 games, we get to 26 points. I think, that might do it.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                    I think your math is a bit off. If we go 3-1-1 in the final 5 games, we get to 26 points. I think, that might do it.
                    You're correct. I was looking at the 17 as the amount of points in the standings, not the games played. They are actually at 19 points. My mistake, and thanks for spotting.

PC won their 8th straight last night over UConn and has now jumped all the way up to 3rd. ND still has a game in hand on both us and PC.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I never liked Claude because he seemed like an uninspiring ball of mush and I'm still not happy about the failure to retaliate for savard.

However, the guy won the cup and had no controversies or problems with the talent he was given and went as far as the talent he was given
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Looking forward to BU game tomorrow night. Team played well against them a couple weeks ago, matching up nicely, but the BU goalie sealed the win for them after Lowell dominated for much of the game. Need 3-4 points this weekend to stay in hunt for first round HE bye.

For Saturday, Amherst is well, Amherst. But hope Lowell isn't caught off guard and has one of their classic "no urgency/play down" games.

In any event, Beer Works should be slammed tomorrow night so plan on getting there early.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Haven't looked back on this stat, but if it's true, it's a pretty good one ... from today's Lowell Sun "UML is 10-0-5 in its last 15 games at the Tsongas Center against nationally ranked teams." The article also talks about our freshman class and some notes about Lowell hockey, and is written by Barry Scanlon.
                          Monty

Comment

Haven't looked back on this stat, but if it's true, it's a pretty good one ... from today's Lowell Sun "UML is 10-0-5 in its last 15 games at the Tsongas Center against nationally ranked teams." The article also talks about our freshman class and some notes about Lowell hockey, and is written by Barry Scanlon.
                            2/16/15 L 2-5 #3 Boston University
                            2/27/15 W 4-1 #18 Vermont
                            2/28/15 T 2-2 #18 Vermont
                            10/24/15 T 1-1 #19 Merrimack
                            11/20/15 T 2-2 #16 Notre Dame
                            11/21/15 W 3-1 #16 Notre Dame
                            1/23/16 W 3-1 #3 Providence
                            2/13/16 W 6-3 #7 Boston University
                            2/21/16 W 3-1 #2 Boston College
                            3/11/16 W 3-2 #8 Boston University
                            3/12/16 W 5-8 #8 Boston University
                            10/8/16 T 4-4 #6 Minnesota-Duluth
                            10/9/16 T 1-1 #6 Minnesota-Duluth
                            10/21/16 W 5-2 #12 St. Lawrence
                            11/4/16 W 3-1 #19 Vermont
                            11/5/16 W 4-2 #19 Vermont
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The nacho cart is top notch, top notch!!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Crickets here???????
                                Let's here about that great game.

Comment

Working...
                                X