X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Vital game tonight ... get the W, keep BC rolling backward. Or, they come here looking for a sweep tomorrow.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 02-23-2017, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MaryK
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Who's heading to BC Thursday night? Shake Shack might be a possibility for pre-game around the corner.
    Have you picked up a ticket yet? I have an extra since Mom isn't up to joining us tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    I'll sign up for 3 pts right now.
    I'll start with settling for 2 points tomorrow, then we'll see what happens on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Article in today's Lowell Sun that has some BC series preview information as well as some miscellaneous notes including info on Panico with Bazin saying "defenseman Tommy Panico, who suffered a head injury vs. UMass on Feb. 11, remains out."

But I guess according to Carvel the Amherst coach, as noted by someone here last weekend, he was quoted as saying "somebody inside the league, per their coach, said that "that penalty shouldn't have been a penalty much less a five minute major"... you guys saw it, I didn't." What a ******. Not liking this Carvel very much and he sounded very frustrated after the game Saturday too. What was he expecting when he took the coaching job at the dumpster fire (oh I'm sorry, "flagship")?

Lowell weekend preview

Winterfest detour directions for Friday's game
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-22-2017, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    If my math is correct...if we take 3 points this weekend vs BC, we will be locked in as the 3 seed. We will not be able to move any higher or lower based on the tie breakers.
    I'll sign up for 3 pts right now.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    the biggest one that has put the kibosh on NCAA themed video games.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I asked mr les. They can't have names because it would mean using the player's name for benefit. Chock this up to one more stupid NCAA rule. Some day the NCAA may actually think before making a rule but probably when I am long gone.
    Well. It's a legitimate one which has lead to lawsuits... the biggest one that has put the kibosh on NCAA themed video games.

If it were allowed then the student could sue because somebody else is profiting off of their likeness... otherwise you'd have to explicitly pay the athlete.

It's a rabbit hole, les

Leave a comment:

• UML03
    replied

If my math is correct...if we take 3 points this weekend vs BC, we will be locked in as the 3 seed. We will not be able to move any higher or lower based on the tie breakers.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

I asked mr les. They can't have names because it would mean using the player's name for benefit. Chock this up to one more stupid NCAA rule. Some day the NCAA may actually think before making a rule but probably when I am long gone.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    From what I have read online in some other forums for other sports, the rule is the nameplates need to be removed for players that are still eligible and with the team.

I noticed the Senior Jerseys were not part of the auction. Not sure if they are waiting to sell those with nameplates after the season, or maybe they are letting the Seniors keep them as gifts.
    the school can't gift them, iirc, but they can sell them at cost

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I know someone asked and I can't remember the answer- why are the nameplates off the shirts that are out for bid?
    From what I have read online in some other forums for other sports, the rule is the nameplates need to be removed for players that are still eligible and with the team.

I noticed the Senior Jerseys were not part of the auction. Not sure if they are waiting to sell those with nameplates after the season, or maybe they are letting the Seniors keep them as gifts.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

I know someone asked and I can't remember the answer- why are the nameplates off the shirts that are out for bid?

Leave a comment:

• UMLDOUG
    replied

it would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Who's heading to BC Thursday night? Shake Shack might be a possibility for pre-game around the corner.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

College Hockey News brought back their Pairwise Probability Matrix.

Right now, it has Lowell making the NCAAs 90% of the time, mostly likely in the 7-10 range, but there's at least one scenario that gets us to #2 overall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X