Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

    Sounds funny to say but today, I am rooting Brown, The FLAGSHIP and Providence.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
      Sounds funny to say but today, I am rooting Brown, The FLAGSHIP and Providence.
      UNH winning out of conference is good for us fwiw. Hoping for decent ice at Fenway so as no injuries
      Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 01-08-2017, 03:56 PM.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

      Comment


      • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

        Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
        Sounds funny to say but today, I am rooting Brown, The FLAGSHIP and Providence.
        It will be interesting to see how Providence plays. They took 3 out 4 points from Denver last weekend. Lowell will see them in two weeks.

        Comment


        • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

          I wonder if the start time for Saturday's game at Amherst will be moved to an earlier start due to the Pats game. It looks like some of the other HE games are now being played earlier.

          Comment


          • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

            Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            I wonder if the start time for Saturday's game at Amherst will be moved to an earlier start due to the Pats game. It looks like some of the other HE games are now being played earlier.
            I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been already.
            Monty

            2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

            Comment


            • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

              Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been already.
              Agree. Both teams are off Friday night and UMass doesn't have a basketball game scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                It will be interesting to see how Providence plays. They took 3 out 4 points from Denver last weekend. Lowell will see them in two weeks.
                Denver missing Terry and Borgstrom both nights due to WJC and Gambrell on Friday due to suspension. Two wins that will likely bolster HE PWR but not necessarily good wins in a vacuum. PC definitely benefited from the timing of that match-up, and the fact that Denver boasts very little forward offense outside of those three...
                Live Free or Die!!

                Comment


                • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                  Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Denver missing Terry and Borgstrom both nights due to WJC and Gambrell on Friday due to suspension. Two wins that will likely bolster HE PWR but not necessarily good wins in a vacuum. PC definitely benefited from the timing of that match-up, and the fact that Denver boasts very little forward offense outside of those three...
                  Thanks Dan.

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                    Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Denver missing Terry and Borgstrom both nights due to WJC and Gambrell on Friday due to suspension. Two wins that will likely bolster HE PWR but not necessarily good wins in a vacuum. PC definitely benefited from the timing of that match-up, and the fact that Denver boasts very little forward offense outside of those three...
                    Wasn't PC also down a couple players?
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                      Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      Wasn't PC also down a couple players?
                      Kasper Björkqvist played for Finland.

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                        Tyler Wall is the Hockey East Rookie of the Week.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

                        "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Kasper Björkqvist played for Finland.
                          And Foley for the USA.

                          PC was missing 8 goals and 18 points, while Denver was missing 28 goals and 64 points. As someone who has seen Denver quite a bit this year - I think it would surprise most people to learn how average they have been offensively. And without those three, they are EXTREMELY limited...

                          Denver is still solid with a stable of strong skating defensive forwards, a great D and two top of the line goalies - and I'd only expect PC to get better in the second half - but it's certainly not the DU team BU saw, for example...
                          Live Free or Die!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                            Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            And Foley for the USA.

                            PC was missing 8 goals and 18 points, while Denver was missing 28 goals and 64 points. As someone who has seen Denver quite a bit this year - I think it would surprise most people to learn how average they have been offensively. And without those three, they are EXTREMELY limited...

                            Denver is still solid with a stable of strong skating defensive forwards, a great D and two top of the line goalies - and I'd only expect PC to get better in the second half - but it's certainly not the DU team BU saw, for example...
                            Thanks, forgot about Foley. Expecting a very tough series with the Friars in a couple of weeks.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

                              Originally posted by gochiefs
                              The games vs Providence are always tough. Numerous games vs them have gone to OT in the past.
                              Only 2 of the last 17 games between these teams have gone to OT, and that includes the 3OT game at the Garden the last time they met. And before you ask, only 5 of those 17 were 1-goal games. The majority of the games vs PC since Norm has taken over have been decided by 2-3 goals (or more). Lowell is just 9-8-0 vs PC under Norm.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

                              "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                Only 2 of the last 17 games between these teams have gone to OT, and that includes the 3OT game at the Garden the last time they met. And before you ask, only 5 of those 17 were 1-goal games. The majority of the games vs PC since Norm has taken over have been decided by 2-3 goals (or more). Lowell is just 9-8-0 vs PC under Norm.

                                I like that it's "is just 9-8-0..."

                                Means we've been doing a lot of winning!
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

                                Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey


                                NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X