• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Friends and family here for game one

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

i just woke up from a nap... I don't think I'm getting to this one... too much still to pack up.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Norm is growing one
    Getting an early start on playoff beard.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Neither team seemed to have a reliable breakout of their zone. Army is definitely a physical team, but would get pinned in behind their own red line. Should be an easy game.
    Bite your tongue, er fingers

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post

The 2nd game was not exactly the best hockey to watch, kinda like watching Merrimack and UMass play each other. Lowell *should* beat Dartmouth tomorrow, but they haven't had the best of luck up here.
    Neither team seemed to have a reliable breakout of their zone. Army is definitely a physical team, but would get pinned in behind their own red line. Should be an easy game.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    What beard?
    Norm is growing one

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    I thought that all four lines played well last night. That Campbell line is puzzling though. They seem to be hustling but not producing. Of the 6 shot attempts they produced, 4 of them were fluff. On net but not much to them.

Until watching the highlights, I did not realize that Colgate had pulled Finn for the extra shooter.

Yup, they made it interesting but it clearly should not have been.

Wonder how much tinkering Norm will do with the lines tonight and what's up with that beard?
    Bring on the Big Green.
    I just see missteps all over the place... it doesn't have to be perfect but they have to make their connections

edit: i'm leaning to coming up tonight... I don't really want to make the drive.... getting kinda sick of driving this week... but I don't get hockey much

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    I thought that all four lines played well last night. That Campbell line is puzzling though. They seem to be hustling but not producing. Of the 6 shot attempts they produced, 4 of them were fluff. On net but not much to them.

Until watching the highlights, I did not realize that Colgate had pulled Finn for the extra shooter.

Wonder how much tinkering Norm will do with the lines tonight and what's up with that beard?
    Bring on the Big Green.
    What beard?

Leave a comment:

• Leecoffee9
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Lowell dominated for much of the game although some rust was evident. A late surge by Colgate made the last few minutes interesting but Lowell hung on.

Bring on the Big Green.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

We'll (myself and pesky) will be up. I'll do the full chant them, I can still can look like an undergrad
    She directed her ire towards me... I had something awful torqued up in case she flapped her lips again... something to the effect of one should wait to breed until after they learn how to drive. She had a young face so that comment would be so caustic to the point of being able to peel paint

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

so I'm imagining a pretty decent crowd was on hand for the 7:00 game.
    It was maybe 2/3 full. Box score said 2949, and capacity is 3500, but I think the 2949 is both games combined.

The 2nd game was not exactly the best hockey to watch, kinda like watching Merrimack and UMass play each other. Lowell *should* beat Dartmouth tomorrow, but they haven't had the best of luck up here.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

We'll (myself and pesky) will be up. I'll do the full chant them, I can still can look like an undergrad
    Nah, just the "who cares?" will suffice I think.

What sections are people in? Maybe we should try to consolidate and concentrate the UML fans.

Game highlights here.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 12-30-2016, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    And it looks like the Dartmouth-Army game ended in a 2-2 tie with Dartmouth winning in a shootout. So Lowell gets Dartmouth in the late game tomorrow.

Who's heading up tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

And it looks like the Dartmouth-Army game ended in a 2-2 tie with Dartmouth winning in a shootout. So Lowell gets Dartmouth in the late game tomorrow.

Who's heading up tomorrow?
    Last edited by riverchief1; 12-30-2016, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Lowell dominated for much of the game although some rust was evident. Kapla continues to take dumb penalties and appears to be suffering from Chapie-itis which is prone to occur when you're the senior captain. A late surge by Colgate made the last few minutes interesting but Lowell hung on.

At various points you could see Lowell was just toying with them in the offensive zone, cycling the puck at will but unfortunately trying to set up that perfect shot. There were some nice passes and set ups that just barely didn't connect but again overall Lowell controlled play for much of the game.

And a nice contingent of Lowell fans were in attendance as well, good to see, while there were probably just a handful of Colgate fans as evidenced when they scored, not a lot of noise in contrast to Lowell's goals. The rest of the crowd was made up of Dartmouth locals and even more were arriving near the end of the game so I'm imagining a pretty decent crowd was on hand for the 7:00 game.

Finally a special shout out to the Dartmouth female fan sitting several rows below us who glared up and commented on our "who cares?" when Colgate was being introduced, minus the added "you $uck!" that the UML students add that really would've set her off. My guess is Dartmouth games are usually overseen by Roberts Rules of Order or some sort of Miss Manners Ivy League protocols so this fan must not be used to college hockey atmosphere (she'd love it at Amherst amidst those fans!). It really is the perfect rink for yelling out stuff at players or refs as you'd hear it far and wide in there...might be worth a trip back tomorrow just to irritate her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X