• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
    I never said they have self-respect

Edit: but they should... the school sees it as a recruiting tool and the players don't know our history of dealing with the bull****.

I just see the Fenway thing as way overdone and more of a risk than reward.
    Last edited by Patman; 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WrathOfAramark
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    No. not if the school has any self-respect
    Might disappoint.. This article with the godfather Joe B. in the Herald says otherwise.

Originally posted by Boston Herald
    “I do think that it’s a special opportunity for the kids. They do act like kids when they’re out there on the ice at Fenway Park and they stop to look around the place,” said Bertagna, who cited UMass-Lowell and Vermont as schools who have expressed an eagerness to return to the event. “I think it could be successful again.”

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    If that's true, well... we haven't heard much about the new practice rink.
    Interesting that you bring that up. I saw an article on the Globe website today saying the University system has earned a favorable bond rating as it plans to borrow $280 million for capital projects.

I searched to see if the Tsongas expansion is part of this and it doesn't appear to be. According to this report it doesn't look like its in the plans for the next 5 years. See page 74.
    https://www.umassp.edu/sites/umassp....20Document.pdf

They still have it on the list of projects, but no approved funding and committed timeline yet.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Well since the move to D1 I wouldn't say they have made many decisions that went against the almighty dollar. That being said I wonder how much say the school has, as I had heard the revenue for the event goes to Hockey East, and then is redistributed to the schools. Something about the upgrades to Schneider being supported by Frozen Fenway. If that's true, well... we haven't heard much about the new practice rink.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Stop that sounds so silly 😜 Scott don't go put the pen down
    You two Patman

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    Stop that sounds so silly 😜 Scott don't go put the pen down

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Looks like Frozen Fenway will be back again. Since Lowell was one of 4 teams that wasn't involved this time, we'll probably be involved next time.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Congrats to Lowell's Wuilito Fernandes on becoming the first player from Lowell to be selected in the MLS Draft. He was chosen in the Third Round by Dallas.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Not sure what Kool-aid he has been drinking. The ice always sucks, they have had all sorts of weather issues, and the sight lines are abominable.
    👍👍👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Not sure what Kool-aid he has been drinking. The ice always sucks, they have had all sorts of weather issues, and the sight lines are abominable.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to leswp1 again."

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Looks like Frozen Fenway will be back again. Since Lowell was one of 4 teams that wasn't involved this time, we'll probably be involved next time.
    Originally Posted by Joe Bertagna
    So despite critics, most of whom not active participants in these events, we (Hockey East) will work with the Red Sox to do this again and give more players and families the chance to experience and enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by Joe Bertagna
    So despite critics, most of whom not active participants in these events, we (Hockey East) will work with the Red Sox to do this again and give more players and families the chance to experience and enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.
    We have to do a lot of winning between then and now for that as much as I'd like to think a first round bye is in the bag

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Long live papa joe
    Personally, I'm glad he's long gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X