X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverchief1
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Couldn't make it tonight, DVRd game, and didn't watch any score updates prior to just watching it. In a state of shock right now with a 3-1 lead and game seemingly in hand and it all unraveled in a matter of minutes. The past three games they absolutely had to win to keep pace with the others in the standings and home ice bye in HE tourney is now seriously in doubt. I'm not too worried about NCAAs yet due to pairwise but unless they fix things fast, we'll be back in the position we were two years ago when they had to win the HE championship game to get the autobid and couldn't.

As for tomorrow, given parking and ticket costs at BU, I'm reconsidering going as the past three games have me seriously irritated with the team, putting them in a position they shouldn't be in. The only hope for tomorrow is Lowell is Lowell in that they seem to play down to their opponent and then sky high when they're playing a higher ranked team. That, and the fact that BU is playing their third game in five days and just got swept by Merrimack may work in Lowell's favor or BU is instead really ****ed off and takes it to a Lowell team who is regressing. Which Lowell and BU teams will show up?

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Lowell still has time to right the ship. A win tomorrow and they are fine. That said is BU really gong to drop 3 straight?

Talk about a front running team. How many times this year has Lowell blown two goal leads more than once in the same game?

All those stats about Bazin teams never losing with 2 goal leads or losing when leading in the 3rd. This is the season where those are starting to regress.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 01-27-2017, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied

Season is done

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Worst loss of the Bazin era, period. Metcalf was garbage all night and he cost them the game. Almost every shot he got in front of provided a rebound. Pathetic and embarrassing.
    I'm not sure I can remember the last time the Hawks lost a game in such a fashion. Up by two with seven minutes to go, just play hard, play smart and stay out of the box. Nope, give up a soft goal and then take an offensive zone penalty that leads to the tying goal. Then give up the game winner with seconds left.

It's will tough to bounce back after this one. BU is about to get swept by MC.

Great crowd tonight despite the early start.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    This team's disgusts me with an unwillingness to stay out of the box. Good bye NCAAS unless they pull a shocker tomorrow
    Are you familiar with the PWR?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

I wouldn't worry about it. Not with the way BU is playing right now.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    This team's biggest flaw is discipline... the penalty box parade needs to stop
    This team's disgusts me with an unwillingness to stay out of the box. Good bye NCAAS unless they pull a shocker tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Worst loss of the Bazin era, period. Metcalf was garbage all night and he cost them the game. Almost every shot he got in front of provided a rebound. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Huge game tonight. Hopefully the early start doesn't kill the crowd turnout.
    Unfortunately it probably will. 2 of our regulars will not be able to make it tonight. I bet a lot of others will be arriving late.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Huge game tonight. Hopefully the early start doesn't kill the crowd turnout.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    With all of tonight's games now over, Lowell is sitting at 10th in the pairwise.
    Down to 9th in the pairwise after Wisconsin defeated OSU tonight.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

The Bruins' Colin Miller just took out Scott Wilson in a fight near the end of the second period. But nice to see him and Chad Ruhwedel playing tonight.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Did anyone attend the "Breakfast with Bazin" this morning?

Lowell Sun piece about attending a game.
    http://www.whatdouwannado.com/ci_30751867

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    LeClerc? He turned 21 just prior to this year, which is his freshman year.
    Hmmm, that doesn't bode well.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Did he come in as an 18 year old? But yeah, hopefully he just needed some time to get his feet wet...
    LeClerc? He turned 21 just prior to this year, which is his freshman year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X