X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Now this is fantastic news. And well deserved!

Legendary UMass Lowell coach Riley announced as Hobey Baker Legend of College Hockey honoree

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Scanlon with a piece on our defensemen scoring points, and also a note about whether or not we will see Panico this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Another '00 commits to UMass, Matt MacDougall.
    And again I'm amazed that they continue to stockpile recruits with that dumpy facility and program that is lacking all tradition, legacy, and atmosphere. Still convinced that some sort of bait and switch is being employed where somehow said recruits think they're going to Lowell but somehow end up on the Titanic (oh sorry, "flagship").

On a serious note though, it may just be Bazin believes more so in quality over quantity in that he only targets certain types of player that fit the Lowell mold. No complaints at all over the past several years as whatever he's doing is working. And it appears we've picked up a few really good quality recruits in coming years like Kerner and a few others (really looking forward to seeing the 6-5 Evingson on D coming in). Just would like to see a few more bodies as he seems to cut it close to the minimum needed to restock each year.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-14-2017, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Yes I would be very wary of them going forward

Their chief recruiter is Ben Barr. His resume--had a hand in recruiting players for Union's national championship team, major role in recruiting all but 3 players on PC national championship, 3 years getting talent to build what is top 10 Western Michigan
    Another '00 commits to UMass, Matt MacDougall.

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

They allowed it when we did the throwbacks against Maine.
    The throwbacks against Maine didn't have removable nameplates, these do.

Leave a comment:

• UML03
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Do they hand out spot DQs anymore or is it policy to let it go to league review?
    I recently spoke with a Hockey East ref and he had told me that head of hockey east officiating will review all questionable plays and make the ruling on suspensions.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    I called that one a few days ago. This hit on Panico definitely warranted Pigboy being suspended a game.
    Do they hand out spot DQs anymore or is it policy to let it go to league review?

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I called that one a few days ago. This hit on Panico definitely warranted Pigboy being suspended a game.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Just saw this on Twitter.
    Hockey East press release:
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...2/feb14hea.php

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Any word on this? Merrimack heading out there tonight, and anything that helps their cause is a good thing!
    Just saw this on Twitter.
    ‏@USCHO Hockey East hands down one-game suspension to UMass' Ray Pigozzi for boarding penalty

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Id doubt anything else happens considering he was given the misconduct and the gate. Just hope the ref wants to call embellishment as much as he did our game
    He is officially suspended for tonight's game.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    I know, but I remember the relevant code in bylaw that allows it. Maybe they consider the nameplates temporary?

They may have also updated things after the obannon and similar cases went through

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Any word on this? Merrimack heading out there tonight, and anything that helps their cause is a good thing!
    Id doubt anything else happens considering he was given the misconduct and the gate. Just hope the ref wants to call embellishment as much as he did our game

Leave a comment:

• RENCEB
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Seriously? Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit.....

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    this must be a new thing because game worn jerseys (w names) have been allowed by NCAA rules in the past

Leave a comment:

Working...
X