Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

do those guys mind being in practice every day and not caring if they never dress?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good question, have no idea. Someone like Chris Shero doesn't seem to mind. Booth and Greco actually got a lot of game action this year but i don't think that's gonna guarantee them anything for next year.
      Last edited by J.D.; 03-30-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

sure, nobody is guaranteed anything outside of nhl draft picks on our roster

always hated though the way we seem to cut kids when there are a number of sweaters and if they want to practice and be on a team what's the big deal? not to mention you have depth in case of injuries or incarceration.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That's true. I mean if they are walk-ons i don't really know what goes into deciding whether to cut them or not.

Comment

Probably depends upon how many players you can have on the ice at one time to conduct an effective practice
            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Good question, have no idea. Someone like Chris Shero doesn't seem to mind. Booth and Greco actually got a lot of game action this year but i don't think that's gonna guarantee them anything for next year.
              Chris Shero doesnt mind because he wouldn't be on a D1 roster if not for relatives..but good for him..a BC education and you get to skate with your buddies..it's all good

Comment

Well ya i knew that part. Similar to a peter mcmullen from a couple years ago.

Comment

Don't sleep on Greco. He could be an important piece in a few years. Maybe a Matt Lombardi type.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Was at Bruins game last night. Got to see Marchand spear a guy in the nuts...

Anyway, Casey Carreau won the Carlton award. I know some pretty good players have won that before. Tommy Cross, Ben Smith maybe?

It was announced he will attend BC in fall but didn't he just join the USHL after his senior year ended? I would expect BC to want him to play a full year in the USHL. We'll see. If he is dead set on playing in college next year we'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Was at Bruins game last night. Got to see Marchand spear a guy in the nuts..
                      very undisciplined. total cheap shot. may end up affecting team's playoff run if he is suspended some gms for it. totally avoidable & unnecessary.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Was at Bruins game last night. Got to see Marchand spear a guy in the nuts...
                        The moment I saw the guy down on the ice, my immediate thought was that it looked like he had been speared. My second thought was to wonder if Marchand was on the ice. Then they showed the replay...

Apparently no matter how good a player he becomes, he is never going to be above these kinds of cheap shots. It was so stupid and so selfish as to be almost beyond belief. Could have cost them a critically important game and now they will likely be without him down the stretch and potentially into the playoffs.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Anyway, Casey Carreau won the Carlton award. I know some pretty good players have won that before. Tommy Cross, Ben Smith maybe?
                          I believe Cory Schneider (I know he won something that the Bruins honored at the time).
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I believe Cory Schneider (I know he won something that the Bruins honored at the time).
                            Yes, it was Schneider, he won the Carlton Memorial Award in 2004 while he was at a senior at Phillips Academy

http://archive.boston.com/news/local..._bruins_award/
                            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              The moment I saw the guy down on the ice, my immediate thought was that it looked like he had been speared. My second thought was to wonder if Marchand was on the ice. Then they showed the replay...

Apparently no matter how good a player he becomes, he is never going to be above these kinds of cheap shots. It was so stupid and so selfish as to be almost beyond belief. Could have cost them a critically important game and now they will likely be without him down the stretch and potentially into the playoffs.
                              just a punk. Idiot

Comment

Banquet yesterday...Cangelosi MVP. easy choice.

Tri captains next year...Brown, Fitzgerald and Kim.

And if you were worried about recruiting down the line:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...es-2017-18.php

Comment

Working...
                                X