• Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you is confused!!!
    that 2-1 game didn't fit my equation so I left it out

Comment

Got some cheap seats for $3.00 each for a friend. Good deal to take a family for a cheap sporting event )

I saw the Gophers last night do a meltdown in the 3rd period against NU. Pile the shots on net and pressure their goalie. But their backup has limited playing time if they throw him in net.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Grabbed 2 tix for the ND game for $30. Sitting a coupla rows behind FiveHole12.
        Last edited by SonofSouthie; 11-26-2016, 01:03 PM.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Grabbed 2 tix for the ND game for $30. Sitting a coupla rows behind FiveHole12.
          Do you mean the Minnesota game? You might be able to sit right behind me as the folks that are there don't show as much anymore. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Well we snuck out with a win. BC definitely has more talent. You guys were just more flat than we were.

Game highlights:

#3 BC's first goal
            #2 MN's Lettieri break away goal
            #1 Stream analyst's comment during the break that the team he works with 'has no skill'
            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 11-27-2016, 02:43 PM.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              #1 Stream analyst's comment during the break that the team he works with 'has no skill'
              I think he said when he can't coach practices for the team, the guys that run the practices don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Game highlights:

#1- Gopher radio's second intermission interview with Hockey East ref.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  I think he said when he can't coach practices for the team, the guys that run the practices don't know what they're doing.
                  BC announcers? Believe that would be former player, Andy Powers. Pretty funny guy in general.

Believe it was 2-1 BC when ryan fitzgerald went down. Needless to say they can't afford to lose him or colin white long term.

Good game. Odd winning goal with a minnesota breakaway developing off an offensive zone faceoff for BC. Some good chances and saves by both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Well we snuck out with a win. BC definitely has more talent. You guys were just more flat than we were.
                    Surely you jest. A very good game with both teams having spurts of puck control in their offensive zone.
                    Gophers forecheck caused havoc for BC's ability to cleanly break their D zone all game long. Gophers on the other hand were quite efficient at breaking out of their D zone. Top 2 Minnesota lines are dynamite. Gophers earned this win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Two high end teams (Harvard and Minny) and the Eagles played well but come away twice in the loss column. Four more tough games coming up before the break... 2 vs NU, 1 vs NoDak and 1 @ Notre Dame. Let's see how it plays out.

Ryan Fitz left the game in the 2nd. Looked like knee. Hope it's nothing serious.

Still love this young team. They never quit and play hard to the last whistle.
                    Go Eagles!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Surely you jest. A very good game with both teams having spurts of puck control in their offensive zone.
                      Gophers forecheck caused havoc for BC's ability to cleanly break their D zone all game long. Gophers on the other hand were quite efficient at breaking out of their D zone. Top 2 Minnesota lines are dynamite. Gophers earned this win. Good luck the rest of the way.
                      No I was serious. Thanks.

Your play by play guys were very astute in noticing and calling out our D as being a key. Our defense is fused with our offense and we specialize in a 5 player form of continuous puck control. Many teams we regularly play (smaller instate schools) have created play styles to defend against us. When we have a down year, these trapping teams chop us up. On the other hand, more skilled teams that focus on beating teams through speed and skill do seem to have a harder time with us - Michigan. I saw in BC, lots of offensive skill but lacking a full goal to goal effort that we've seen in instate rival games where we end up with an L.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Does anyone remember the guy who claimed in 2012 that BC traps? I loved that guy. Poor dude had almost every fan in Hockey East on this board mocking him.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hahaha yes i do remember that but not specific poster. The thing i remember is jdubs totally inflating the # of gopher fans in tampa and pounding his chest about it.

Comment

Ah I miss JDubs.... poor guy could not handle that BC had a great record and GF/GA against the vaunted WCHA in the NCAAs under York.

Anyway, I missed the Sunday matinee so I have no real feelings on it, this week was generally a bad week for our PWR as they dropped two non-conf games. Losing to North Dakota this weekend would be.... bad. God only knows how healthy White is and Fitzgerald obviously is going to have one good leg for the foreseeable future. Need to scratch and claw for wins for a while. Freshmen will have to come of age a little faster than planned. I think they will be ok though. Need to be within striking distance and healthy for the stretch run then explode and do some damage.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Did anyone else think it was strange, how the one Boston College highlight in the Mike Mottau video tribute, was from a game they lost? BC won enough big games in his time there, I thought they could have picked a better option.

Comment

I'm assuming they didn't have much video to choose from. Sure, they "lost" that game but only because...

Well, we all know how that game ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X