North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Read on ss.com that today marks the 11th anniversary of Miracle on Ice II.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Holy Cross over minnie?
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

A friend on Facebook posted today's entry on his Fun Beer Fact A Day calendar that said it was a North Dakota law that bars and restaurants cannot serve beer and pretzels simultaneously. That's....random. Are you guys aware of that law?

Comment

Tucker Poolman not in the lineup against BU. That's a huge blow. I still think North Dakota will win,
          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

What can I say? You guys played a great game and probably deserved to win. Good luck in the future.

Comment

tough offsides call. our boys were lucky.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                tough offsides call. our boys were lucky.
                I'm happy with the way the guys played. That's the thing about playing highly skilled teams. If the goaltending keeps them in it, all it takes is one mistake, or one made play to win it.

UND will probably look back and kick themselves for their pp opportunities lost.

Good luck to BU the rest of the way.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The rest of the tournament has a lot to live up to. That was a classic game and it's a shame a team had to lose. Credit to North Dakota on a fantastic run to get to the tournament and a hell of a game.
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                    The rest of the tournament has a lot to live up to. That was a classic game and it's a shame a team had to lose. Credit to North Dakota on a fantastic run to get to the tournament and a hell of a game.
                    Thanks. It is a difficult loss to take, but I think most North Dakota fan realize that this team pretty much lived up to its expectations. Going into the season I figured North Dakota was going to be a top-half NCHC team, should make the Frozen Faceoff, and appear in another NCAA Tournament. I figured with North Dakota hosting, they would have a great chance to advance to Chicago. They pretty much did everything I expected the team to do. If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that North Dakota would go toe-to-toe with, and more often than not outplay, BU, I would have been pretty impressed. Unfortunately, things did not go our way in the 2OT. On to next season...
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Incredibly entertaining team to watch. Tough out, just ran into a goalie playing out of his mind. Congrats on a great season.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Incredibly entertaining team to watch. Tough out, just ran into a goalie playing out of his mind. Congrats on a great season.
                        Thanks. BU is a strong team, and their goalie definitely earned his stripes. I'm also really excited to see Lowell play. Going into the tournament, I thought the teams shook out into roughly four pools of quality:

The "A" Group:
                        Denver
                        Duluth
                        Harvard
                        Lowell

The "B" Group:
                        Minnesota
                        Western Michigan
                        BU
                        Union
                        North Dakota

The "C" Group:
                        Penn State
                        Air Force
                        Cornell
                        Notre Dame

The "D" Group:
                        Ohio State
                        Providence
                        Michigan Tech

I would not be surprised in the least to see the "A" Group all make the Frozen Four.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Ditto.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I was in a bar and saw both overtimes. A complete travesty what happened and hopefully sports comes to its senses and eliminates replays.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I was in a bar and saw both overtimes. A complete travesty what happened and hopefully sports comes to its senses and eliminates replays.
                              Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Too bad you choked in Fargo.

Menard's could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X