X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    For those who were there, good call on the overturned goal or no? I've see both opinions on Twitter (shocking I know).
    The player was all over Ruck, hard to say if he wasn't "helped" though. I'm obviously happy with the no goal call but I could've seen the call on the ice standing.

Comment

It's possible that the video will be up on the Hockey East site tomorrow.

Comment

Any update on John? All I heard was he re-injured something in practice...hopefully just pre-cautionary. We gotta stop letting the Stevens' boys practice.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

For those who were there, good call on the overturned goal or no? I've see both opinions on Twitter (shocking I know).
          Other side of the ice from me but the overhead looked like a coin flip to me...was he helped...yea...may have been as much about what he did once he was in there rather than how he got in there...

Comment

Any update on John? All I heard was he re-injured something in practice...hopefully just pre-cautionary. We gotta stop letting the Stevens' boys practice.
            If it's any consolation it's a soft tissue injury that, apparently, can be easily aggravated...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              We know what your resident troll will say
              Nice troll.

Comment

Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...l-matt-filipe/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

My 2 cents after seeing the smaht kids win the pot. Northeastern is not the Red Sox of the Beanpot. Harvard is. Northeastern is the Cubs. The shorter, but still long, drought ended first. I give NU 5 years to win it. That is all.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Good write up...fwiw...we were back on heels a few times in the 2nd but I thought that play was fairly even in 3rd...I saw the boxscore and there is no way that NU was held to 6 shots in the 3rd...both Nolan and ZAR had shots in the 3rd...box score has them at 0...

I'm sorry that you missed the game and thus three really strong individual efforts by the boys on the goals...Filipe's first goal was a BEAUTIFULLY executed 2 on 1 by the puck carrier which ended with him snapping a shot worthy of a NHL winger...ZAR was an absolute beast on the GWG which included undressing and then wrecking Casey Fitzgerald, fighting the puck out of his own skates and then feeding Sikura with a laser pass which Sikura then buried before Woll knew what was happening...and then Gaudette's effort on the ENG...I could see his eyes just waiting for that pass...

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                      It's possible that the video will be up on the Hockey East site tomorrow.
                      Highlights just posted to NU website. Would love to see the video of the whole game at some point.

Comment

My thoughts on the highlights:

BC goal 1: Williams did everything well, and honestly took everything away from Cotton. The goal deflected off his stick past Ruck, unlucky. Nice individual effort by Cotton
                        BC goal 2: Why is Colin White alone on the backside? That's a botch in coverage by Cecere or ZAR. Great pass by Fitzgerald, good initial save by Ruck.
                        NU goal 1: What a rush and shot by Filipe. Awesome. BAD BC turnover.
                        NU goal 2: Great great forecheck by Kurker, great feed by Collier.
                        NU goal 3: ZAR is the best, I could watch that all day.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Spoke with a Lincoln Stars blogger to get a scouting report on Cayden Primeau and Brandon Schultz. Please read, discuss as needed

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...n-jerry-keefe/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Spoke with a Lincoln Stars blogger to get a scouting report on Cayden Primeau and Brandon Schultz. Please read, discuss as needed

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...n-jerry-keefe/
                            Thanks for reaching out to a good source. Assuming Primeau is still arriving next season, if he still needs more experience to fully develop he can do so while sharing time with Ruck. I know Huskies fans are looking forward to having another goalie option.

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
                              Thanks for reaching out to a good source. Assuming Primeau is still arriving next season, if he still needs more experience to fully develop he can do so while sharing time with Ruck. I know Huskies fans are looking forward to having another goalie option.
                              Barring anything very unforeseen he will be here. He signed an NLI. I think he fully can take the job and run from day 1, but it would not be abnormal for Jim to rotate early in the season. We saw that with Witt/Roy and then Roy/Ruck before Witt and Ruck both took the jobs.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                Barring anything very unforeseen he will be here. He signed an NLI. I think he fully can take the job and run from day 1, but it would not be abnormal for Jim to rotate early in the season. We saw that with Witt/Roy and then Roy/Ruck before Witt and Ruck both took the jobs.
                                Really good interview and info. With CP's age and raw-ness,I also wouldn't be surprised to see him eased in next year, which will be frustrating as a fan if Ruck continues to struggle, but will probably be for the best in the long run.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X