This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
    It sounds (reads) as though you all done a thorough post-mortem on a team that is still alive. someone has covered most of the points I might have covered, but I have a few thoughts to add.
    Pond was never much of a scorer in the USHL. He was recruited to be a disrupter and PK guy. He has done a decent job on the PK, which is an area that the team has improved. He has learned to disrupt the offense. Unfortunately the offense he had disrupted is ours! He has a balance problem and falls down more than any player I can remember, but he does usually blow a tire while skating in a stgraight line. His PK is what keeps him in the lineup - barely.
    I, too have been terribly disappointed in the two bu transfers, particularly Kurker. He is said to be a very good student. I wish him a successful career in business. This was supposed to be a "breakout" year for Griffin. No creativity at all. Jozefek never had a chance to develop as he has had a headache for most of the year.

The D has been a disappointment, but have been bright spots. Davies has super skills, but has to find better ways to get the puck out of the D zone. Flipping doesn't cut it. I place equal blame on a lack of D zone coverage and backchecking effort by certain forwards. Forechecking to create opportunities would have been nice, too.

On the recruiting front: Rizzolo is an "18 arrival. We are involved with a couple of forwards. Hopefully we'll get one of them (that's all we can afford). Either could develop into a top or middle six forward.
    There is a serious backlog in potential 2018 arrivals on defense, as we've highlighted in our recruit projection page on the blog...obviously we don't know coach's plans but given the pedigree of some players recruited plus ages, I can't see too many people being pushed back. Any idea on that?
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Just heard Stevens' line took full practice yesterday with contact...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
        Just heard Stevens' line took full practice yesterday with contact...
        Great news. I expect him back tonight.
        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Based on the photo tweeted by MIH Twitter, Pecararo is dressed for tonight!
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Based on the photo tweeted by MIH Twitter, Pecararo is dressed for tonight!
            ?????

Oh...Men's Hockey...got it...

Wow...talk about unexpected...
            Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 02-10-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
              ?????
              https://twitter.com/GoNUmhockey/status/830138164174020612

Comment

Official lines are out. John in, Schule out, Picking in the top six. Still no Owens or Pecararo. Wonder why they hung his jersey if he wasn't dressing. They've done the same thing with #11's jersey a few times thus far this season.

Comment

Gotta beat the teams you're supposed to beat. Good win. Onto BC and then 4 HUGE games to close the year
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

I know it was UMass but this offense is scary good with the big 5 forwards healthy. The 21-18-12 line combined for 4 goals, 5 assists, 16 SOG and were just a pleasure to watch every time they were on the ice.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Go Huskies! Is all.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Wasn't able to catch the game but nice win tonite. Merrimack and UNH win also but UConn loses. Maybe tomorrow the Huskies will get a little more help than they got tonite. UConn@ PC, UNH@UVM and Merrimack@UMass tomorrow. Going forward I'd rather see Madigan keep Filipe on the #2 line and whoever dresses out of Picking/Schule/Rosenthal/Lerario on the 3d or 4th line. Filipe isn't going to contribute any offense on a lower line and he isn't going to bring much defensively to a lower line either. OOn the second line Filipe will at least chip in on offense.

Comment

Recap and thoughts. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...adam-gaudette/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Good write-up put I disagree about Picking...he's a fish out of water so far...but very happy that in a game such as this one they kept their mistakes to a minimum...Ruck was sharp 90% of the time...he still needs to get more sticky...someone on NU bench needs to wake up to the fact that the opposing team is going to have two players in front of the net at all times...John Stevens did a good job giving down low support as did ZAR when circumstances called for it but, by and large, any rebounds were again fair game for opposing forwards because the other centers and the D just cannot stay home or give support.

Don't know why I got suckered on the Pecararo pic...he is out...he flunked a class appealed the grade and lost and there is just no fixing that...shame too...sounds like it was his own fault...

Anyone hear anything about the Captains and a players only meeting immediately after the Beanpot loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              I know it was UMass but this offense is scary good with the big 5 forwards healthy. The 21-18-12 line combined for 4 goals, 5 assists, 16 SOG and were just a pleasure to watch every time they were on the ice.
                              The team speed was the best it's been all year...they need two fixes tho...D needs to move pucks quicker...the forwards on the 18 and 8 line are where they should be the D should trust that and just move the puck and the D needs to support their local goaltender better...
                              Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                                Anyone hear anything about the Captains and a players only meeting immediately after the Beanpot loss?
                                I feel like this is something that even if anyone did have information (and I obviously do not), it should be kept private and not shared publicly. It's a players only meeting for a reason.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X