This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Well....if that wasn't snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I don't know what is. I'm not finding as much fault with Ruck as I am with the porous defense, which hung the kid out to dry on more than one occasion. Light at the end of the tunnel (maybe): Matt Filipe.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The silver lining is that there is nothing to complain about with goal tending tonight. Ryan Ruck had a solid game. Young defensemen in front of him - not so much. Jeremy Davies with two gaffes leading directly to goals. Tough nights for a few others too. Eric Williams on ice for 4, Ryan Shea 3, Kurker 3, Collier 4, Filipe 3. Lowell came back hard after a very slow first period. Lowell blew a 3-1 lead last week and NU did it tonight. The games weren't boring, that's for sure!

Comment

• the other 3 Beanpot schools took care of business tonight except us. Not to sound pessimistic but HU will pick apart both, our D & Ruck, come Monday. Just being realistic.. & hole i am proven wrong but I doubt it.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Lowell was the better team 5 on 5 and deserved to win. The BU boys were absolutely brutal once again. The 4th line wasn't much better. I felt it was always gonna be tough to win this one after it became clear the officials put the whistles away. They just didn't generate enough sustained attack 5 on 5. The Harvard matchup will feature statically the two best power plays in the country which is something I never thought I'd say.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

wth?!?!?!! weren't you bozos up 2-0 AT HOME?!?!?!?! geez louise
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              wth?!?!?!! weren't you bozos up 2-0 AT HOME?!?!?!?! geez louise
              ..you know what they say about those 2 goal leads.. just hoping for 2 great gms Monday.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ..you know what they say about those 2 goal leads.. just hoping for 2 great gms Monday.
                oh mookie knows.... "worst lead in hockey"

Comment

• just watched again Lowell's 3-2 goal & 4-3 goal..
                  as much as i'd like to 'blame' the D.. & there is plenty to go around.. that is just absolute horrendous goaltending on both those goals. Ruck has had an awful week.

Hopefully he can shake it off & get ready, come out sharper Monday (fingers crossed).
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    Hopefully he can shake it off & get ready, come out sharper Monday (fingers crossed).
                    Unfortunately, I don't think he played poorly by his standards, that's just who he is. Primeau can't get here soon enough. We probably have to score 5 on Monday to have a realistic chance to win, which is an awful way to go into a hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      ...NU still needs better defense and goaltending than it has been getting...
                      It's bad manners to quote oneself but...
                      Last edited by Split-N; 02-04-2017, 11:57 AM.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Gave into the urge after a few cold ones and bought tickets for Monday. Pretty crazy that we have a chance to reach the final for the 6th time in 9 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Gave into the urge after a few cold ones and bought tickets for Monday. Pretty crazy that we have a chance to reach the final for the 6th time in 9 years.

y'all have a chance to reach the finals every year

Comment

• We're not the only ones who need score 4, 5, goals & its not enough.. tonight's Bruins gm was a fitting reminder..

Here's hoping for some sound goaltending & more, Monday..
                            Go Huskies!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Preview: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-1988-drought/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Any of the Stevens brothers dressing tonight?
                                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X