X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Do we know for a fact that both Stevens brothers will be up and running?
    One will be back on Monday...the other will remain day to day...and could be back on Monday, too...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
      That's not indicative of the Gaudette I've seen week in and week out...ZAR's presence @ UMass was felt all over the ice and his contribution on the score sheet was a secondary assist. Truth be told, he screened or occupied the goalie on Cockerill's goal and Sikura's goal was made possible by ZAR's mayhem...he was the only forward giving any kind of effort in the D Zone...he continually disrupted UMass breakout/regroup...

Don't get me wrong...Gaudette has 4 or 5 good snipe plays in his bag but the little plays? Not that I've ever seen...frankly...IMHO he's the most selfish player on the team not named Sikura...
      FWIW my post said ZAR is the best player on the team so your little diatribe was preaching to the choir.

Anyway, feel what you feel but Gaudette is fantastic.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Do we know for a fact that both Stevens brothers will be up and running? Even if they are, NU still needs better defense and goaltending than it has been getting if this indeed is to be the year.
        Nah F it, play to your strengths, this isn't the NHL where you have to be boring nowadays to succeed. We're not going to win anything this year 2-1 because Ruck isn't going to wake up and become Thiessen tomorrow. We're going to have sub replacement-level goaltending from here on out. If we have to score 4 a game the rest of the way, that's the way it is, but at least we have the horses.
        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          FWIW my post said ZAR is the best player on the team so your little diatribe was preaching to the choir.

Anyway, feel what you feel but Gaudette is fantastic.
          I'm sorry that you read that as a diatribe...Gaudette has a great shot and I gave him props earlier in the season when he seemed to be the only one generating any offense...I've just never seen him work very hard away from the puck and was merely giving an example of how I see a player making an impact without showing on the scoresheet...we need all of these guys to play to their strengths in the coming weeks...if that requires a selfish play, so be it...

Comment

• One team.. one unit..!
            Lowell tonight. Let's go Huskies!
            That's all
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm sorry that you read that as a diatribe...Gaudette has a great shot and I gave him props earlier in the season when he seemed to be the only one generating any offense...I've just never seen him work very hard away from the puck and was merely giving an example of how I see a player making an impact without showing on the scoresheet...we need all of these guys to play to their strengths in the coming weeks...if that requires a selfish play, so be it...
              I just want replacement level goaltending. That's all I ask, all we ask, and I don't feel like that's over the top. Just AVERAGE ****it.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                Nah F it, play to your strengths...If we have to score 4 a game the rest of the way, that's the way it is, but at least we have the horses.
                Point taken but winning games on offense alone is, IMO, a bit of a stretch unless and until the 3rd and 4th lines start contributing more than they have so far.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  IMHO he's the most selfish player on the team not named Sikura...
                  You must have been for the Seguin trade.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

"That group of forwards" isn't the group continually caught out of position as badly as they were last night...that was the defense.

NU was very lucky last night...a lot of selfish plays in the offensive zone...totally out-coached...a defense corp that just refuses to stay home...I'm hoping that they believed they'd have an easy game...still no excuse for allowing Carvel - and other coaches - to continually create line mismatches...rule of thumb from coaching 101...when your opponent has last change and 4th lines are matched with a play stoppage...PULL YOUR LINE OFF OF THE ICE...how many times if Keefe going to get caught in that mismatch before he learns?

That is all...
                    That is enough!
                    Every year this thread attracts a know-it-all who believes he knows the game so well that he could do a better job than the coaches, like Jerry Keefe, who dedicate their careers to the sport and put in 60+ hour weeks trying to recruit and train a competitive team. You may have good sources of information about the team, but you shouldn't pretend to know what the coaches are thinking as they tweak their personnel during a game.

If you think you can help or do better, call the coaches. With Bob Sanders sad passing, there is room for another Volunteer coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      You must have been for the Seguin trade.
                      Chalice! Long suffering Habs fan, mon frere...23 years and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                        That is enough!
                        Every year this thread attracts a know-it-all who believes he knows the game so well that he could do a better job than the coaches, like Jerry Keefe, who dedicate their careers to the sport and put in 60+ hour weeks trying to recruit and train a competitive team. You may have good sources of information about the team, but you shouldn't pretend to know what the coaches are thinking as they tweak their personnel during a game.

If you think you can help or do better, call the coaches. With Bob Sanders sad passing, there is room for another Volunteer coach.
                        Dude...chill...it's the internet...

Comment

Point taken but winning games on offense alone is, IMO, a bit of a stretch unless and until the 3rd and 4th lines start contributing more than they have so far.
                          Well good news there, as with the Stevens brothers returning from injury (hopefully) soon there should be 3 solid lines (barring any further injuries of course). Figure some combination of 8, 9, 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21 plus Pec/10/16 fill out the top 3 lines, then the remainder can fill out a grinder type 4th line with 22/25.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies of NU View Post
                            Well good news there, as with the Stevens brothers returning from injury (hopefully) soon there should be 3 solid lines (barring any further injuries of course). Figure some combination of 8, 9, 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21 plus Pec/10/16 fill out the top 3 lines, then the remainder can fill out a grinder type 4th line with 22/25.
                            Chances are we're only getting one back and that is on Monday...what have you heard about Pec? I'm hearing not this season...

Comment

"Bucheler comes with an extraordinary pedigree- he was a first round pick in the 2016 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, going fifteenth overall to Blainville-Boisbriand."

Major red flag...
                              I'm encouraged that the Staff is eyeing a bigger, stay at home type. Every team needs some defensive accountability in front of the net and some oomph to go with it.

Comment

Re Pecararo: Not this season is almost certainly correct.
                                Last edited by HHound; 02-03-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X