X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Yes.. on gamedays. Lot opens about an hour before the gm.
    I've even had luck going as early as 1.5 hours or so if you plan to eat around the arena. Just say "Here for the NU hockey game" and you should be good to go
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

To expand on Sikura, I think at this point he has to be the front-runner for HEA POTY. In conference games, he leads Hockey East in points, goals, assists, power-play shots, tied in power-play goals and SOG. He is an absolute beast. If 9, 8 and 21 all come back next year, and i know that's a big if, that could no exaggeration be the best line in Northeastern history.

I really hope that these guys all come back. I mean it is a long shot that any of them have any sense of an NHL career. I am hoping that with Stevens basically having a lost year that he will come back. Plus his dad being an NHL coach will hopefully push him back to school.

Comment

Hit on Joz has me thinking of Mike Morris.
        Originally posted by owslachief
        Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          I'm not close to the program so don't have any insights but just have to wonder if there are any concerns about coaching on the defensive side of the equation.
          At this point we have to accept who they are. Their hockey DNA has been established. 14 can spice up the offense, NU's and the opponents. 4 + 5 are freshman still learning their way around. 20 is similar to 14. 29 and 2 are third pairing guys. 41 can sometimes take a mistake in front of him and make it worse. The D doesn't get bailed out too often by the G. When the 3rd and 4th lines are on the ice the pressure in the defensive zone is amplified. At least it's not boring hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            I really hope that these guys all come back. I mean it is a long shot that any of them have any sense of an NHL career. I am hoping that with Stevens basically having a lost year that he will come back. Plus his dad being an NHL coach will hopefully push him back to school.
            I think you're under-selling them a bit. I think at least 2 of the 3 will at play in the league at some point with Gaudette having the best chance to stick long-term.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Thank you!
              In case you're not aware, entry is through the Columbus Garage entrance further up Columbus Ave. and across from the NUPD. Just tell the attendant you're going to the hockey game.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                To expand on Sikura, I think at this point he has to be the front-runner for HEA POTY. In conference games, he leads Hockey East in points, goals, assists, power-play shots, tied in power-play goals and SOG. He is an absolute beast. If 9, 8 and 21 all come back next year, and i know that's a big if, that could no exaggeration be the best line in Northeastern history.
                ZAR, hands down, has been the best player on the ice in every live NU game that I have seen this year. Frankly, I have to say he may also be the most improved player over last year as well. The little things that he has added to his game is a BIG reason he has ramped up his scoresheet production. See the SHG assist in Providence for more information. The decision making before that play even unfolded was major league.

I believe your line of 8, 9 and 21 would have two players on it fairly determined to keep the puck away from each other...one more so than the other...
                Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 02-02-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  I think you're under-selling them a bit. I think at least 2 of the 3 will at play in the league at some point with Gaudette having the best chance to stick long-term.
                  Sikura and Gaudette need more grit for the next level. MUCH more grit.

Comment

Big get on the recruiting trail http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...el-draft-pick/
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      Stay @ home defenseman .. jumps in as needed otherwise plays his position. like it. Best to him.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        "Bucheler comes with an extraordinary pedigree- he was a first round pick in the 2016 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, going fifteenth overall to Blainville-Boisbriand."

Major red flag...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                          ZAR, hands down, has been the best player on the ice in every live NU game that I have seen this year. Frankly, I have to say he may also be the most improved player over last year as well. The little things that he has added to his game is a BIG reason he has ramped up his scoresheet production. See the SHG assist in Providence for more information. The decision making before that play even unfolded was major league.
                          I don't necessarily disagree. As good as Sikura has been, ZAR is a more valuable player because of everything he does on both ends of the ice (and in the locker room for that matter). I just feel like a guy leading the league in goals, assists and points will win POTY simply because many of the voters don't watch enough NU hockey to see the "little things" difference between ZAR and Sikura.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Sikura is the third best player on the team, which is crazy. ZAR is #1 and Gaudette is #2. Gaudette is just dominant in terms of setting plays up without showing up on the scoresheet. Of course he's top 7 nationally in scoring and #1 by far among underclassmen.

If we're going to win the Beanpot, this is the year. With Nolan returning, we have no less than 4 players who can legitimately win you a game.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              ...If we're going to win the Beanpot, this is the year. With Nolan returning, we have no less than 4 players who can legitimately win you a game.
                              Do we know for a fact that both Stevens brothers will be up and running? Even if they are, NU still needs better defense and goaltending than it has been getting if this indeed is to be the year.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                Gaudette is just dominant in terms of setting plays up without showing up on the scoresheet.
                                That's not indicative of the Gaudette I've seen week in and week out...ZAR's presence @ UMass was felt all over the ice and his contribution on the score sheet was a secondary assist. Truth be told, he screened or occupied the goalie on Cockerill's goal and Sikura's goal was made possible by ZAR's mayhem...he was the only forward giving any kind of effort in the D Zone...he continually disrupted UMass breakout/regroup...

Don't get me wrong...Gaudette has 4 or 5 good snipe plays in his bag but the little plays? Not that I've ever seen...frankly...IMHO he's the most selfish player on the team not named Sikura...

Comment

Working...
                                X