• Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Maybe next year.
    30 year anniversary.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Sam Kurker doesn't deserve to be a D1 hockey player. Worst 2nd round pick I've ever seen in college.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
        30 year anniversary.
        I was a senior at BU that year, and finally old enough to go to the Dugout after the game. We did not go to the Dugout after the game.
        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          Sam Kurker doesn't deserve to be a D1 hockey player. Worst 2nd round pick I've ever seen in college.
          I actually thought he had a good game...the slashing penalty was real bad but I thought he played well.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Offensive zone penalty = brutal and should be benched. Stuff gets coached out in bantam.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              I actually thought he had a good game...the slashing penalty was real bad but I thought he played well.
              To be fair, he wasn't awful tonight, but that penalty killed us. That comment was more a year long frustration coming out, he should be one of the better forwards on the team, and quite simply he's been pretty useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                To be fair, he wasn't awful tonight, but that penalty killed us..
                true dat.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Silver lining tonight...Nolan was very good

Comment

hmmm
                    brian mcconnell (39th overall)
                    corey trivino (36)
                    colby cohen (45)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      hmmm
                      brian mcconnell (39th overall)
                      corey trivino (36)
                      colby cohen (45)
                      We should be so lucky that he plays as good as any of them did at D1 level...well...to be fair...he's probably on par with Trivino...

What gets me is that Kurker knows what the Beanpot is all about...Collier too...if it's an ego thing then they both should hand in their scholarships and get on with their life's work...I wanted to hop over the glass when Collier had a chance in the 3rd to take it to the net and, instead, did a pirouette and passed the puck back...to no one...Kurker's lack of effort on that 2 on 1 shorthanded with ZAR...criminal...

Comment

Silver lining tonight...Nolan was very good
                        Yes...there was a chance that we had both brothers back..but...alas...

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                          You sure you were on the right channel? He and Collier played as if they were trying to outdo each other...

Comment

Harvard's first goal should have been waved off...clearly hit with a high stick...Madigan, for all of his barking about Harvard's sloppy line changes should have been all over it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                              Harvard's first goal should have been waved off...clearly hit with a high stick...Madigan, for all of his barking about Harvard's sloppy line changes should have been all over it...
                              Agreed. Surprised that and Northeastern's 3rd goal stood.

Comment

You can blame whoever you want but HU is simply better than NU. We were chasing our tails all night and yes w/o the slashing penalty it could have gone either way, that said, based on talent and expectation this season has been a huge disappointment, to be fair we have had our undue share of injuries. I could go into RR issues in the net but the fact is he still made some great saves and also is fundamentally all over the place. He isn't going to be the guy. Can you imagine if this team had Brad or Chris between the pipes, even with C+ Defense ? I was really too far away upstairs in the rafters to notice any sense of urgency but did see a lot of sloppy play and since the squeaker at UMASS, I think they look flat, 3rd period v Lowell may have been the worst NU period I have seen in decades. Anyway I did make it over to West End Johnnies for some brews and free apps, I just didn't know it would be the highlight of the evening. I wonder what I can get for my tix next week on Craig's List? Not much I suppose. 29 years ago I saw them win it in the old Garden and my seat was behind a column, I wish that column had been in front of me last night because some of the hockey was hard to watch. LOL! Also the incredibly small turn out for the 5pm puck drop was embarrassing. They could have played this game in the Watertown MDC!

Comment

Working...
                                X