• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkinsFan09
    replied
    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm not nostradamus so i didn't predict every little detail but i did expect a step back. Not as bad as record is now but a decent step backwards. Some great forwards but very weak defensively and in goal.
    The Huskies are top 10 in penalty killing, the issue is solely in goal. The defense certainly isn't the 2007 Anaheim Ducks but it's good enough to win A LOT of games given how loaded the top 6 is with Gaudette, Sikura and ZAR. Add Nolan Stevens and that's a group good enough to go on an HEA run again.

They need to bench Ruck immediately and never look back. Theut literally couldn't be worse.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post

Recruiting a goalie is never easy and most recruiters will tell you that the amount of time it takes to recruit just one is about the same as recruiting a full line of players...but there is a science or formula to it which requires traveling to Alberta and BC as well as haunting goalie clinics...Cronin knew this but I can state emphatically that NU now does neither.
    no kidding..!

Souza has been very busy for UNH.. the other Boston schools, well ..always.. what is NU doing? Or i should ask.. why isn't NU doing it???

And if we are going to give Theut a chance.. pls dont start him at Frozen Fenway. Give the kid a legitimate chance at some point.. what's the worst.. we lose the gm
    .. is it different from what's happening anyway..
    C'mon Coaches.. something!

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Don't like to see it or say it..
    but Rucks's performance/s are beginning to mirror Rawlings.
    Rawlings should have left when the Devils wanted to sign him. I've heard rumors from divergent sources that JM actually blew smoke up Chris' gaspipe telling him that he could be a mentor to Gilles all the while believing that there was no way in hell that Rawlings would return...I've alluded to this previously...

Recruiting a goalie is never easy and most recruiters will tell you that the amount of time it takes to recruit just one is about the same as recruiting a full line of players...but there is a science or formula to it which requires traveling to Alberta and BC as well as haunting goalie clinics...Cronin knew this but I can state emphatically that NU now does neither.
    Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 01-13-2017, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

I'm not nostradamus
    You're not a lot of things...

At some point, your goalie has to steal you a game...this one opens up the vault...NU starts every game down 3-0...

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Yeah,And I think of you were capable of introspective review of what's been said and your reaction you'd realize you're in the wrong here.
    Should you or any of your TROLL Force be killed or captured your English Instructors will disavow any knowledge of your activities...

My lord, man, take a minimal amount of pride in your writing...
    Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 01-13-2017, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

I said in the HE preseason thread that i thought NU was getting too much love.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You thought NU would have the national goal scoring leader and three players with at least 8 more points than BC's leading scorer, in spite of their leading goal scorer from last year breaking his wrist and missing every conference game, but lose every game 5-4 because their goaltender is on pace for one of the worst seasons in Hockey East history and they refuse to bench him? Interesting.
    I'm not nostradamus so i didn't predict every little detail but i did expect a step back. Not as bad as record is now but a decent step backwards. Some great forwards but very weak defensively and in goal.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You thought...
    Right there you gave him too much credit...

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    As bad as Ruck was...goal # 1 and goal #3 are both on the defense with an assist on goal #1 to Gaudette...you have ZAR giving up a hand or arm to block a shot...you have Stevens throwing his body around on bodies and in front of pucks...and UNH scores on, essentially, a 2 on 3 cross-ice pass through three wickets because #8 watches the play with stick on hips and the defense is in LaLa Land...

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

You should be watching replays of those games on DVR if you have em, celebrate away.

I do think these results this year were predictable to a lot of people. Maybe not quite this bad in league play but similar.
    Yea...thanks...think I'll start with the Huskies lighting up the bestest goalie in all of college hockey for 5 goals and ZAR undressing the two bestest defensemen in college hockey before beating the bestest goalie in the whole wide world five hole...

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheRevengeance
    replied

You should be watching replays of those games on DVR if you have em, celebrate away.

I do think these results this year were predictable to a lot of people. Maybe not quite this bad in league play but similar.
    You thought NU would have the national goal scoring leader and three players with at least 8 more points than BC's leading scorer, in spite of their leading goal scorer from last year breaking his wrist and missing every conference game, but lose every game 5-4 because their goaltender is on pace for one of the worst seasons in Hockey East history and they refuse to bench him? Interesting.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 01-12-2017, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied
    In Jim We Trust

Believe in Madigan
    Yeah, what a dumb fanbase for celebrating the coach who won the program's first title in 28 years. What idiots we were.

Leave a comment:

• PPGuru
    replied

Never mind the credible back-up tender. It's been too long since there's been a credible starting goalie. Eight years now. Rawlings/Witt/Roy/Ruck. The talent level on this team is nowhere as poor as it once was - but there is no depth to this team. JStevens/NStevens/Sikura/Gaudette/ZAR are all legit players. After that? I think they brought Matt Filipe in a year too soon. You can see Jeremy Davies is going to be a good player. Lincoln Griffin contributes. As a group, the D isn't strong enough to help this team win while Ruck is giving up goals such as the first goal UNH scored tonight. Nobody expects the third and fourth lines to light up the stat sheet but is it too much to ask that they not take foolish penalties in the offensive zone that lead to PP goals for the opposition? (Sam Kurker tonight. But not just tonight.) Third liner takes bad penalty, NU has to stop rolling lines to go on PK, pressure is turned up on the iffy D and shaky goalie....the dominoes fall.......UNH scores and eventually, another game is lost. I hope Cayden Primeau is all that he is supposed to be because the defensemen you see this year are all back next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X