• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied
    Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    "Bucheler comes with an extraordinary pedigree- he was a first round pick in the 2016 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, going fifteenth overall to Blainville-Boisbriand."

Major red flag...

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Stay @ home defenseman .. jumps in as needed otherwise plays his position. like it. Best to him.

Leave a comment:

• NU_Husky
    replied

Big get on the recruiting trail http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...el-draft-pick/

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    I think you're under-selling them a bit. I think at least 2 of the 3 will at play in the league at some point with Gaudette having the best chance to stick long-term.
    Sikura and Gaudette need more grit for the next level. MUCH more grit.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    To expand on Sikura, I think at this point he has to be the front-runner for HEA POTY. In conference games, he leads Hockey East in points, goals, assists, power-play shots, tied in power-play goals and SOG. He is an absolute beast. If 9, 8 and 21 all come back next year, and i know that's a big if, that could no exaggeration be the best line in Northeastern history.
    ZAR, hands down, has been the best player on the ice in every live NU game that I have seen this year. Frankly, I have to say he may also be the most improved player over last year as well. The little things that he has added to his game is a BIG reason he has ramped up his scoresheet production. See the SHG assist in Providence for more information. The decision making before that play even unfolded was major league.

I believe your line of 8, 9 and 21 would have two players on it fairly determined to keep the puck away from each other...one more so than the other...
    Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 02-02-2017, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Thank you!
    In case you're not aware, entry is through the Columbus Garage entrance further up Columbus Ave. and across from the NUPD. Just tell the attendant you're going to the hockey game.

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    I really hope that these guys all come back. I mean it is a long shot that any of them have any sense of an NHL career. I am hoping that with Stevens basically having a lost year that he will come back. Plus his dad being an NHL coach will hopefully push him back to school.
    I think you're under-selling them a bit. I think at least 2 of the 3 will at play in the league at some point with Gaudette having the best chance to stick long-term.

Leave a comment:

• PPGuru
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    I'm not close to the program so don't have any insights but just have to wonder if there are any concerns about coaching on the defensive side of the equation.
    At this point we have to accept who they are. Their hockey DNA has been established. 14 can spice up the offense, NU's and the opponents. 4 + 5 are freshman still learning their way around. 20 is similar to 14. 29 and 2 are third pairing guys. 41 can sometimes take a mistake in front of him and make it worse. The D doesn't get bailed out too often by the G. When the 3rd and 4th lines are on the ice the pressure in the defensive zone is amplified. At least it's not boring hockey!

Leave a comment:

• sameoldfury
    replied

Hit on Joz has me thinking of Mike Morris.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied

To expand on Sikura, I think at this point he has to be the front-runner for HEA POTY. In conference games, he leads Hockey East in points, goals, assists, power-play shots, tied in power-play goals and SOG. He is an absolute beast. If 9, 8 and 21 all come back next year, and i know that's a big if, that could no exaggeration be the best line in Northeastern history.

I really hope that these guys all come back. I mean it is a long shot that any of them have any sense of an NHL career. I am hoping that with Stevens basically having a lost year that he will come back. Plus his dad being an NHL coach will hopefully push him back to school.

Leave a comment:

• NU_Husky
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Yes.. on gamedays. Lot opens about an hour before the gm.
    I've even had luck going as early as 1.5 hours or so if you plan to eat around the arena. Just say "Here for the NU hockey game" and you should be good to go

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Is there still a free parking lot across the tracks from the Matthews? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Is there still a free parking lot across the tracks from the Matthews? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Sk8M8
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    I'm not close to the program so don't have any insights but just have to wonder if there are any concerns about coaching on the defensive side of the equation.
    The current Defensive coach's resume is replete with experience @ girl's lacrosse...YOUTH girl's lacrosse...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X