Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

    #2. Wi.Huskies Fan v. #1. giwan

    Good Luck to both Finalists!
    MTU 3-2
    27th minute

    Good Luck Wi Huskies Fan
    And again thanks to Potter
    for running the pickā€™em

    Comment


    • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

      WCHA Pick 'em Championship

      For all the marbles!

      Rules:
      1. Picks in by 7pm edt Saturday night.
      2. Pick the winner of the game, followed by the score. 2 points if you pick the game correctly, 3 additional points for picking the score correctly.
      3. Higher seed receives a "Home Ice Advantage" of one point.
      5. Tie Breaker - Time of the first goal

      Winner: Michigan Tech
      Final Score: 4-2 (really had in mind the same score as giwan...but will stick with the score I put in. Need to somehow make up one point)
      Time of first goal: @ 8:14 mark of the 1st period. I think that it would put it at 11:46 on the scoreboard clock if my math is correct.

      Good luck to you also giwan. It has been fun doing the weekly pick'em. Thanks for taking it over potternmu...great job with it!
      Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

      Comment


      • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

        Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        WCHA Pick 'em Championship

        For all the marbles!

        Rules:
        1. Picks in by 7pm edt Saturday night.
        2. Pick the winner of the game, followed by the score. 2 points if you pick the game correctly, 3 additional points for picking the score correctly.
        3. Higher seed receives a "Home Ice Advantage" of one point.
        5. Tie Breaker - Time of the first goal

        Winner: Michigan Tech
        Final Score: 4-2 (really had in mind the same score as giwan...but will stick with the score I put in. Need to somehow make up one point)
        Time of first goal: @ 8:14 mark of the 1st period. I think that it would put it at 11:46 on the scoreboard clock if my math is correct.

        Good luck to you also giwan. It has been fun doing the weekly pick'em. That for taking it over potternmu...great job with it!
        I was debating 4-2 as well, thinking an ENG. Good Luck

        Comment


        • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

          Originally posted by giwan View Post
          I was debating 4-2 as well, thinking an ENG. Good Luck
          Saturday can't come quick enough.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

          Comment


          • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

            Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            Saturday can't come quick enough.
            I'd be at that game in a heart beat but ironically I got an offer I couldn't refuse and I will be sitting watching the B10 game same night UGH

            Comment


            • Originally posted by giwan View Post
              I'd be at that game in a heart beat but ironically I got an offer I couldn't refuse and I will be sitting watching the B10 game same night UGH
              Who is your B10 team? Are Huskies your 2nd choice team?

              Heard there are no tickets left for Saturday, not even standing room and they are expecting near 5000 for the game. That could be rumor though, as they are still advertising on radio to get your tickets.
              I am going to check Tech's website for available tickets tomorrow.
              (You may have not been able to get tickets if you wanted them).
              Mix93 says this will be the most important game in The Mac's history, which dates back to 1972 I believe.
              Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 03-14-2017, 05:40 PM.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                Who is your B10 team? Are Huskies your 2nd choice team?
                No Huskies first choice, only choice. Have to be there for other reasons, someone had tickets and got invited.

                Comment


                • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

                  Congratulations to the WCHA Pick 'Em Tournament Champion, giwan! Thanks to all who participated in the WCHA Pick 'Em this season. Looking forward to next season.

                  #1. giwan 1-0 (2 points) HIA (1 point) Correct Score (3 points) Total (6 Points)
                  #2. Wi.Huskies Fan 1-0 (2 points) HIA (0 points) Correct Score (0 points) Total (2 Points)

                  Comment


                  • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

                    Congrats giwan on the WCHA Tournament Pick'em Championship. Quite the game to witness.
                    I am looking forward to Pick'em next season. Thanks for running it potternmu.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

                    Comment


                    • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

                      Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                      Congrats giwan on the WCHA Tournament Pick'em Championship. Quite the game to witness.
                      I am looking forward to Pick'em next season. Thanks for running it potternmu.
                      Thanks and it was fun as always. Thanks potternmu for running it.

                      Wish I was there to see that game.

                      Side note: At the Joe there is a map that shows nationwide levels of social media buzz going on. You will be happy to know there was a LARGE red glowing and growing dot over little Houghton MI, during the OT. Put a smile on my face.

                      Comment


                      • Re: WCHA Pick 'em 2016-2017

                        Let's see if 1) I participate next year and 2) I can come up with a polling system here for potter that doesn't require forum comments.

                        GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X