Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

God I hope so 'cause the other teams in our league are, almost universally, getting better...right now it's hard to see us much better than 9th starting next year...this year's freshmen HAVE to continually improve...Q-Pac has a "down" year and wins 23 games...we've won 20 over two years...ouch!

Comment

Stats from our recruits in last night's AJHL playoff tilts:

McKechney(F-Brooks)- 1 G
      Vachon(F-Brooks)- 1 G, 1 A
      Quillan(D-Whitecourt)- 1 G, 1 A
      Tschumi(F-Whitecourt)- 1 A

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
        Congrats, also, to Tim Harrison who signed with the Adirondack Thunder, joining former teammate Kevin Lough '16 and congrats to Brett Corkey who signed with the Wheeling Nailers. Go 'Gate!!
        Harrison was released by ADK today. Scored his 1st goal last night. Maybe he’s heading back to school for finals?
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Anyone see that call in yesterday's NoDak-BU game? I didn't see "uncontrovertable" evidence that the NoDak player was off sides on the goal. Did you? I thought the rules said that there must be absolute evidence before a goal was called off. In the replays it's difficult to see, but if you extrapolate the skater's skates on the line against the puck across the ice, it is very doubtful to me that he was off sides. Anyway, tie goes to the runner, right? At least that's how we played it in baseball when I was in grade school.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
            Anyone see that call in yesterday's NoDak-BU game? I didn't see "uncontrovertable" evidence that the NoDak player was off sides on the goal. Did you? I thought the rules said that there must be absolute evidence before a goal was called off. In the replays it's difficult to see, but if you extrapolate the skater's skates on the line against the puck across the ice, it is very doubtful to me that he was off sides. Anyway, tie goes to the runner, right? At least that's how we played it in baseball when I was in grade school.
            The only way to get a real good look is if you have cameras at the blue lines, in my opinion. I watched some of the replays on TV yesterday and it looked like offsides to me. I'm not a connoisseur of the rules when it comes to a player's legs/skates straddling the line, and whether or not a skate in the air or on the ice affects the official ruling. Bottom line is, BU got a 2nd life, and they cashed in on it.

Thankfully Colgate hasn't been the victim of late-season collapses like the Boston Bruins the past 2 seasons (and what's shaping to be a 3rd meltdown this season so far... )
            Colgate '09

Comment

Absolutely huge win for the B's last night !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Rangers

Comment

McKechney had a goal and two assists last night bringing his playoff line to:

5 goals, 12 assists for 17 points in SEVEN games!

He is for second in AJHL playoff scoring (with his linemate, Parker Foo, who is alas going to play with his brother at Union). What is so impressive is the league leader has taken 13 games to reach 19 points. We may have a player here. Of particular note is that he seems to be a good set up man which could make him a perfect fit with Bobby McMann.

Also last night, Quillan had a goal (now leading AJHL defense men in playoff scoring) and Vachon an assist.

Hope on the way?

Comment

I appreciate your optimism Marmot. Hope it works out for us.

I saw today that Tylor Spink was released from his tryout agreement with.......(I forget which team)

Comment

It seems like one or the other of the Spinks are getting brief AHL stints while dominating at the ECHL level. Hopefully, they can persevere. As an example, one of the Jones brothers from Quinnipiac made his NHL debut with the Islanders this past weekend. Similar situation of having played with his twin for a long time. It just took a little longer to take it to the next level on his own.

Comment

With respect to our recruits, I have certainly been on record as questioning the talent level of our incoming forwards (although this year's d-man class looks pretty promising). But McKechney's performance in the AJHL playoffs has certainly caught my eye. He was 11th in AJHL regular season scoring which is solid, but he's been ridiculously good so far in the playoffs.

Comment

McKechney was 5th in the AJHL in regular season assists.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
                            He is for second in AJHL playoff scoring (with his linemate, Parker Foo, who is alas going to play with his brother at Union).
                            His brother turned pro recently, so they won't be together at Union.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I like your work Marmot, don't stop ! Stay positive.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

It was great to see Charlie Finn get the highest award at the Hockey Banquet. Also nice to see so many seniors moving on to tryouts with pro teams. There was no mention of captains for next season. Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                                X