Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

This reply has nothing to do with the men's team. I witnessed something in the Colgate women's game vs. Princeton on Saturday that I have never seen in collegiate hockey, men's or women's. A Princeton player, who was on her back on the ice and who had been tangled up with one of our players, once untangled (and nothing untoward from our player) kicked our player with both feet!! It sent our player bent over but she turned out to be okay. The Princeton woman got a five minute major and game dq. Still, I am so surprised to see this.

Comment

I think I've only seen that twice in my life, the crowd goes silent and you kind of get sick to your stomache.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I think I saw Moose Vasco do that once to Jean Ratelle at the old Garden.

Heisenberg has 7 guys coming in next year and five for 2018. Latest recruit is Andrew Farrier a goalie from Taft - 5'10" - 170 lbs. for 2018 signed on 12-28-16. At least we're looking more like the other ECAC teams in getting greater than 4-5 players each year to commit. Does anyone know what the players names done in red typeface mean?
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Been a long two months, one win would be nice this weekend. We're overdue, five 3-2 losses(one to #4 UML) a loss to Army outshooting them 49-19, a loss to ASU limiting them to 15 shots. SLU has three top players out with injury, a great goalie and we have trouble scoring. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post

Heisenberg has 7 guys coming in next year and five for 2018. Latest recruit is Andrew Farrier a goalie from Taft - 5'10" - 170 lbs. for 2018 signed on 12-28-16. At least we're looking more like the other ECAC teams in getting greater than 4-5 players each year to commit. Does anyone know what the players names done in red typeface mean?
            LOL at Moose Vasco, Blackhawks dmen, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              LOL at Moose Vasco, Blackhawks dmen, right ?
              That's right. Black Hawks and North Stars - d-man - 6'2" - he could really rattle the boards. Emille "The Cat" Francis used to warn his players not to tangle with him.

See you Sat. nite?

Comment

Anyone trying to watch the game, PLN just says waiting to go live, ****ed again. Seems like half the time I try to watch I can't.
                Last edited by sshablak; 01-22-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

If anyone can find anything good in this season, please feel free to post it.

Comment

well, the new building hasn't collapsed yet...SLU was missing (and has been missing for quite some time) three of its best players...as I have said we are equivalent to a lower level Atlantic hockey program right now - perhaps American International. And I see very little improvement from October (and that is even more distressing)...we'll see, but unless there is tangible progress by next, say, December our university will soon possess something equivalent to The Whale at Ingalls...unfortunately it will be a White Whale...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post

I think it means that those players have signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI). Those not in red have made verbal commitments. Please bear in mind that the Ivy League Schools do not use NLI's.

Your new arena looks beautiful.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

My college hockey team gets blanked at home tonight. My NHL team (the Boston Bruins) also get blanked at home tonight, 1-0. And America inaugurated a new president, one that I'm worried will screw up this country in the next 4 years.

Ughhh.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                          My college hockey team gets blanked at home tonight. My NHL team (the Boston Bruins) also get blanked at home tonight, 1-0. And America inaugurated a new president, one that I'm worried will screw up this country in the next 4 years.

Ughhh.
                          Could not get any of the game. Picture kept buffering. Maybe it was fog in the area or my computer Gave up and now watching NoDak-MDU game.

I share Rainman's sentiments.....Ughh

Comment

5 minutes past 7, I'm trying to watch the live stream via Campus Insiders, and I'm getting "waiting for the event to go live...". Clicking on another live event streams it flawlessly, which means its a problem on Colgate's end. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

UPDATE - the live stream comes to life at 7:07 PM, but I miss the initial puck drop.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

...and we win! Colgate erases a 3rd period deficit in the process!

Side note - apparently our goal horn is similar to the one used by the Chicago Blackhawks. Don't know if Kyle Baun influenced it.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

well done boys...you competed well and Finn is playing as well (all year) as he did in his first two years...and kudos for Tim Harrison who has slowly improved every year...we will miss him, Corkey and Kulevitch next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X