Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Dartmouth released their schedule so we can take them off the list.

AHA- everyone but Air Force, Mercyhurst, and RMU
    ECAC - Brown, Cornell, Princeton, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union
    Hockey East - UConn, UMass, Merrimack, UNH, Northeastern, Providence, Vermont
    NCHC- WMU

I'd like to see Army, RPI, Providence, UConn, or WMU.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Dartmouth released their schedule so we can take them off the list.

AHA- everyone but Air Force, Mercyhurst, and RMU
      ECAC - Brown, Cornell, Princeton, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union
      Hockey East - UConn, UMass, Merrimack, UNH, Northeastern, Providence, Vermont
      NCHC- WMU

I'd like to see Army, RPI, Providence, UConn, or WMU.
      I'd like to see an opponent we can easily roll over. I wondered why we always schedule difficult non-con games but then I remembered that now most teams in the country qualify as a competitive or difficult matchup for
      MSU.

After the last several years of watching us scrape and claw our way to an average of about 6 wins by Christmas it would feel good to go the PSU route for once.

Comment

Austin Kamer commits to MSU...Cole's first recruit.

http://mihockeynow.com/2017/05/recru...ichigan-state/

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
          Austin Kamer commits to MSU...Cole's first recruit.

http://mihockeynow.com/2017/05/recru...ichigan-state/
          Nice. With Appleton returning and now this, the roster for next season appears firm.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Nice. With Appleton returning and now this, the roster for next season appears firm.
            Is it? I don't believe the entire freshman class is signed. You can find commitments but those are pretty unreliable. Last year had some players added that I never heard of until players reported to campus.
            I also remember a few years ago on collegehockey.com we had a commit from Bob Pond for months. Bob Pond ended up at MSU...Minot State University.

I'd love it if college hockey recruiting received anywhere near the attention that football and basketball has.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              Is it? I don't believe the entire freshman class is signed. You can find commitments but those are pretty unreliable. Last year had some players added that I never heard of until players reported to campus.
              I also remember a few years ago on collegehockey.com we had a commit from Bob Pond for months. Bob Pond ended up at MSU...Minot State University.

I'd love it if college hockey recruiting received anywhere near the attention that football and basketball has.
              Notice I included the word "appears" . But OK there could be one more.

I am assuming that if Kamer is committing for 2017-18 in May, he is coming to campus this summer. That would make 4 scholarship players and a walk-on. If Brody Stevens and Jake Smith arrive as well (as advertised) that's a healthy roster. Through graduation or end of eligibility MSU opened up 6 scholarships, besides losing Knudsen and Selep.

Comment

And what the heck's happened to our softball program?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  And what the heck's happened to our softball program?
                  Still not great, but what a comeback that was yesterday! Eight year losing streak gone and now we get OSU who we took two of three from a few weeks back.

If we make it to the final Minnesota will be the likely opponent. #2 in the country and only given up more than two 4 times this season.

And baseball took down first place Nebraska last night in Lincoln! Holding onto the last spot for the Big Ten Tournament.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

We'll get there

Comment

Per MSU hockey's twitter, we will be finding out who the captains will be this year later today... any guess as to who they will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Per MSU hockey's twitter, we will be finding out who the captains will be this year later today... any guess as to who they will be?
                        I'll guess Applesauce, Gatt, Sanford.

I'll toss in Rosberg as well.

I really have no idea, though.

Comment

I'll guess Applesauce, Gatt, Sanford.

I'll toss in Rosberg as well.

I really have no idea, though.
                          My thought was it's a puck-moving defenseman. As long as its not a goalie I'm happy

Comment

I got 'em!

Appleton, Sanford, Gatt as well as Saliba, per MSU Hockey Twitter

Appleton seemed obvious enough. Maybe Gatt because he will be a senior who stepped up his game this past year. I guessed Sanford purely because he won the Fitness award at the banquet and that seems like a captain-y thing to do.

Saliba is an interesting choice. The kid must have leadership in him to be named as a sophomore.

Comment

I got 'em!

Appleton, Sanford, Gatt as well as Saliba, per MSU Hockey Twitter

Appleton seemed obvious enough. Maybe Gatt because he will be a senior who stepped up his game this past year. I guessed Sanford purely because he won the Fitness award at the banquet and that seems like a captain-y thing to do.

Saliba is an interesting choice. The kid must have leadership in him to be named as a sophomore.
                              Nice trifectasaurus!

An offensive leader, a grinder and a senior. I would not have expected Saliba, although he did wear the 'C' his last year in juniors.

Comment

I happened to wander into the LSSU thread today and saw that Noah Lalonde has switched his commitment to the Lakers. Either Cole wasn't going to honor his verbal or he decided to take off due to the coaching switch. Sort of an interesting development as far as traditionally meager summer news goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X