Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Assistant coaching position on MSU's website closes tomorrow. Looks like Cole's made his decision.
    The posting reads:

The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Michigan State University is seeking two Assistant Coaches for the Men's Ice Hockey program. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:

Identify, evaluate and recruit high-level prospective student-athletes for the Michigan State University Hockey Program
    Assist the head coach in all aspects of the men's ice hockey program to ensure a quality program
    Develop and motivate student-athletes in order for them to attain success in all phases of their academic and intercollegiate athletic experience
    Assist in the organization of team training, practice sessions and competition
    Assist in the planning of fundraising and alumni relations activities
    Organize, administer and promote all aspects of the Michigan State Men'sHockey program.
    Assist with providing academic supervision of the athletes
    Teach concepts and achieve highest levels of play
    Assist in practices by running drills independently and competently
    Uphold integrity and honor to ensure the men's ice hockey program is a point of pride for the athletic department, institution and conference by being compliant with institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations
    Work collaboratively with all department units, university personnel, conference personnel, NCAA personnel and sport specific organizations as an ambassador for MSU
    Uphold Big Ten Conference and NCAA rules and regulations
    Complete other duties as assigned

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Assistant coaching position on MSU's website closes tomorrow. Looks like Cole's made his decision.
      Decision has probably been made for a while..university policy requires staff vacancies to be posted before they can be officially filled. Expect a news conference on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
        Decision has probably been made for a while..university policy requires staff vacancies to be posted before they can be officially filled. Expect a news conference on Monday.
        They have to leave it up for a week, right? I would think they wouldn't post it until he knew, so last Friday/Saturday is probably when he got confirmation from the other two.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          The posting reads:

The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Michigan State University is seeking two Assistant Coaches for the Men's Ice Hockey program. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:

Identify, evaluate and recruit high-level prospective student-athletes for the Michigan State University Hockey Program
          Assist the head coach in all aspects of the men's ice hockey program to ensure a quality program
          Develop and motivate student-athletes in order for them to attain success in all phases of their academic and intercollegiate athletic experience
          Assist in the organization of team training, practice sessions and competition
          Assist in the planning of fundraising and alumni relations activities
          Organize, administer and promote all aspects of the Michigan State Men'sHockey program.
          Assist with providing academic supervision of the athletes
          Teach concepts and achieve highest levels of play
          Assist in practices by running drills independently and competently
          Uphold integrity and honor to ensure the men's ice hockey program is a point of pride for the athletic department, institution and conference by being compliant with institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations
          Work collaboratively with all department units, university personnel, conference personnel, NCAA personnel and sport specific organizations as an ambassador for MSU
          Uphold Big Ten Conference and NCAA rules and regulations
          Complete other duties as assigned
          ****. I guess I'm out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            They have to leave it up for a week, right? I would think they wouldn't post it until he knew, so last Friday/Saturday is probably when he got confirmation from the other two.
            Normally one week, but there are exceptions. In this case it says job closes April 29, not May 2 which is why I'd expect an announcement on Monday rather then later in the week.
            Last edited by wsummers; 04-28-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              He left on good terms, but the entire administration has turned over since he left. That said, we'd certainly welcome MSU to our building.

GFM
              Easy wins...
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Well we have assistants now... http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050317aac.html

Interesting we stole Exter from OSU...

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                  Well we have assistants now... http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050317aac.html

Interesting we stole Exter from OSU...
                  The release says Muzzatti is staying. Interesting, since Exter is a goalie guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    The release says Muzzatti is staying. Interesting, since Exter is a goalie guy too.
                    I thought the same thing.. although maybe Exter is more of a recruiter? It's not like Muzzatti was ever the problem at MSU, always have above average goalies...

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                      I thought the same thing.. although maybe Exter is more of a recruiter? It's not like Muzzatti was ever the problem at MSU, always have above average goalies...
                      Muzzatti is also a volunteer, I believe. I'm sure no one minds having him around for free.

Exter is definitely A surprise. I wonder how OSU fans feel about this?

Comment

The Red Wings just hired Adam Nightingale (good for him). So he is no longer with MSU...

Also interesting video on Joe Exter and his story... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqtnw2qHwFg
                        Last edited by gomsuman; 05-03-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Luongo: Well, you could have called his move from 20 miles away. Cole's long-time right-hand-man. Happy he's here.

Exter: Huh. Wasn't expecting that. Seems like a pretty good poach from OSU.
                          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                          66 - 86 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            Normally one week, but there are exceptions. In this case it says job closes April 29, not May 2 which is why I'd expect an announcement on Monday rather then later in the week.
                            Looks like either the April 29 date was wrong or they chose to follow the one week posting rule....I'm excited about this staff..better times are ahead.

Comment

Good choices!
                              So, I missed that Tom Newton retired? Or.........

Comment

Conference schedule is out.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050417aac.html

Additionally, the Spartans will play these non-conference dates against WCHA teams:

13 Oct at BGSU
                                14 Oct vs BGSU
                                27 Oct vs LSSU
                                28 Oct vs LSSU
                                17 Nov vs Ferris
                                18 Nov at Ferris

GLI dates will not be announced until June when NBA and NHL schedules are known.

Comment

Working...
                                X