Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Anyone hearing anything on the assistant front?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      All I can remember is DC saying he'd take no more than a week. So I'm expecting that PDQ .

Hey it's nice to use new acronymics for the HC (imho )

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        All I can remember is DC saying he'd take no more than a week. So I'm expecting that PDQ .

Hey it's nice to use new acronymics for the HC (imho )
        I forgot about assistant coaches. Hopefully Cole did not also forget.

I do sort of hope he cleans house. Newton is a fine Spartan but this program needs a reboot. Maybe they can get him some sort of Director of Operations type job, or something.
        Last edited by Pirateasaur; 04-18-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

According to a tweet last night from Fred Heumann, niether Newton nor Miller will be kept on.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

MSU looks like the host school for the 2020 Frozen Four at Little Ceasar's. The arena, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              $5 says Chris Luongo comes home, too.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                $5 says Chris Luongo comes home, too.

GFM
                I'm not taking that bet. That's a savvy choice.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  And Mel was in East Lansing yesterday.
                  What, if true, does that have to do with anything?
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    I'm not taking that bet. That's a savvy choice.
                    Chris is a solid recruiter, a really good guy, and knows his stuff.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Two weeks tomorrow and no news yet on assistants. Maybe it's too much to follow his words literally when he said it in a general sense, but after the way the last regime followed timelines I'd like the new one to be in the ballpark.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Two weeks tomorrow and no news yet on assistants. Maybe it's too much to follow his words literally when he said it in a general sense, but after the way the last regime followed timelines I'd like the new one to be in the ballpark.
                        Not everything happens on fans desires timelines. Would you prefer he rushed the situation and made a less than stellar choice so your times is mer? It's possible there is a USHL assistant involved that's still in playoff mode.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Not everything happens on fans desires timelines. Would you prefer he rushed the situation and made a less than stellar choice so your times is mer? It's possible there is a USHL assistant involved that's still in playoff mode.
                          I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Luongo and an up-and-coming USHL/NAHL guy.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Luongo and an up-and-coming USHL/NAHL guy.

GFM
                            Cole mentioned he wants an assistant that primarily focuses on recruiting and one that spends most of his time coaching. Did Luongo fill one of these roles at UAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                              Cole mentioned he wants an assistant that primarily focuses on recruiting and one that spends most of his time coaching. Did Luongo fill one of these roles at UAH?
                              He held both roles, each in different seasons. John McCabe did more of the recruiting for us, but Lou went out and got a lot of guys. Then he obviously was HC here, a situation that ... well, Lou got screwed really hard.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Q&A with Danton Cole.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X