Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Wow, a skunk with an opinion. Imagine the odds.

And such conviction that it 'may' happen.
    It has happened so far butt-munch!
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      Good introductory presser this afternoon. Cole said all the right things, is clearly familiar with the hockey landscape at this level and has a vision. You kind of want to run through a brick wall and play for the guy.

He was impressive. I'm encouraged.
      Good luck with him! I'm confident that he will be a good fit for you guys. Now for us to do the same.

Comment

Immediately I began thinking of some uncommitted U17 players

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          You mean to tell me all the currently committed players won't switch their commitment immediately to MSU? Why did we even hire this guy then

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            We would take Danton back in a hot second if our job were open and he wanted to come back south.

GFM
            Would EJ offer him the kind of money he was making with the Usntdp? Or even what an assistant at State will make?
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              Uh, wasn't I the first to break this news after I heard that Mel was coming to Michigan and NOT Cole? Who needs Twitter?
              And Mel was in East Lansing yesterday.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                at age 63, George Gwozdecky would be the definition of a short team hire
                Outsider .02

Gwoz is a proven winner obvs and given how long Red coached at um, maybe Gwoz could conceivably coach for another 10 years, perhaps more?
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  DJ King is the only uncommitted skater on the U17 team, though he does have an interesting connection to Cole in that Cole coached his dad with the Grand Rapid Griffins.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    DJ King is the only uncommitted skater on the U17 team, though he does have an interesting connection to Cole in that Cole coached his dad with the Grand Rapid Griffins.
                    Good to know. I have noticed over time that USA Hockey is a little slow updating their roster information .

There were some revealing things that came up yesterday at Cole's introductory presser. Add some things that were shared by Hollis that couldn't be ignored, especially the buzzwords he listed off from talking to players from the current roster. "Systems" and "Attention to Detail". They bring them up I presume because they were lacking. How many great breakouts from the D-zone became turnovers, or scoring chances became ill-advised extra passes, or even the positioning of the body along the boards ... as a result of falling short on small details?
                    Last edited by owslachief; 04-12-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                      Same. Seems like he really understands what the fans grew tired of hearing from Anastos. He even put a timeline of less than 3 years to be competing in the NCAA's again on a regular basis.

Let's hope he can fulfil his promises unlike Anastos. Only time will tell.

Any indication on Appleton or Osburn leaving still? Or is this a good enough hire?
                      There was a brief video posted to twitter by MSU hockey that had a few comments from players. Appleton was one and he definitely spoke of this offseason as a player who intends to return. Nothing concrete but it made me believe he is coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        We would take Danton back in a hot second if our job were open and he wanted to come back south.

GFM
                        Thank you. That is nice to hear. Spartan fans not very familiar with college hockey are suspicious of this hire due to his record at UAH. We know that the UAH program was in a very tough spot back then but others worry this indicates lackluster coaching ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          Thank you. That is nice to hear. Spartan fans not very familiar with college hockey are suspicious of this hire due to his record at UAH. We know that the UAH program was in a very tough spot back then but others worry this indicates lackluster coaching ability.
                          The program ran out of steam under Doug Ross, especially after his son graduated. Danton was largely starting over.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                            There was a brief video posted to twitter by MSU hockey that had a few comments from players. Appleton was one and he definitely spoke of this offseason as a player who intends to return. Nothing concrete but it made me believe he is coming back.
                            A Jets blog on top prospects stated that Appleton strongly leaned toward returning. That was in the days following the Anastos announcement, so I would imagine this puts him solidly on next season's roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              A Jets blog on top prospects stated that Appleton strongly leaned toward returning. That was in the days following the Anastos announcement, so I would imagine this puts him solidly on next season's roster.
                              That is great to hear and I believe a good decision. Appleton can be a good NHL prospect but I think he still needs to bake a little longer.

I cannot say what Osburn is thinking but if Appleton is coming back I feel that Osburn likely will as well. I think Osburn will be a crucial component of our team.
                              Last edited by Pirateasaur; 04-12-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Good to know. I have noticed over time that USA Hockey is a little slow updating their roster information .

There were some revealing things that came up yesterday at Cole's introductory presser. Add some things that were shared by Hollis that couldn't be ignored, especially the buzzwords he listed off from talking to players from the current roster. "Systems" and "Attention to Detail". They bring them up I presume because they were lacking. How many great breakouts from the D-zone became turnovers, or scoring chances became ill-advised extra passes, or even the positioning of the body along the boards ... as a result of falling short on small details?
                                I noticed the same. Found it extreamly enlightening. I also picked up on the word "development".
                                Last edited by Decatur Spartan; 04-12-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X