Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    A team that's afraid of shooting at a goalie who gives up rebounds is a team that's not going to win.
    The number of times they missed the net on a PP, and the puck ended up down the ice without PSU having to clear it, is astronomical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      The number of times they missed the net on a PP, and the puck ended up down the ice without PSU having to clear it, is astronomical.
      That was so frustrating last night. We had 3 golden scoring opportunities 10 feet right in front of the net and sailed it high each time. Maddening when a comeback is still within reach.

Unfortunate way to go out for a senior class who I think was pretty solid. It's incredible to think I witnessed a single win at Munn this year and only a couple last season. I did miss a few as I can't attend every game but I just checked and in 2 full seasons in which I attended most games I have seen MSU win 3 games total. Three. It was not too long ago that would have been unthinkable to witness only that many before Thanksgiving and longer ago, before Halloween. So many of those games, not just the last 2 years but the entire Anastos era could be described as close, competitive losses against better teams. Years of not being able to get over the hump into even mediocrity. There will be plenty of time for more in depth discussion in a few weeks but the state of our program right now is pretty astonishing.
      Last edited by Pirateasaur; 02-26-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Still winless on senior night in the Big Ten.

Four regular season games left, most likely one tournament game. I don't see a win.
        I think we'll get a win at either OSU or Minnesota, just because we've had limited success on the road this season.

Then we'll be one-and-done in the tournament, then MSU hockey can't hurt us for another seven months.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

It feels like the season has concluded already. No more home games before March combined with no real hope of making post season noise makes it feel as if I should be expecting a statement from the AD regarding the future of the hockey program any day now. We'll still have to wait at least 3 weeks for that, I think. 3 weeks feels like a long time right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
            It feels like the season has concluded already. No more home games before March combined with no real hope of making post season noise makes it feel as if I should be expecting a statement from the AD regarding the future of the hockey program any day now. We'll still have to wait at least 3 weeks for that, I think. 3 weeks feels like a long time right now.
            Feeling the same way. Not excited. Other then a small bit of pride, nothing to play for.
            I'm wondering if the AD has even made a list of candidates........I bet he hasn't. Just a bad feeling that tCHHCoMSU will be back next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
              Feeling the same way. Not excited. Other then a small bit of pride, nothing to play for.
              I'm wondering if the AD has even made a list of candidates........I bet he hasn't. Just a bad feeling that tCHHCoMSU will be back next season.
              Adsolutely inconceivable...but I think you are probably right

Comment

I am more confident Anastos returns after this year than I was after last season. I don't think Hollis has what it takes.

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ant_impact.php

Anyway, here is an article on Hirose from CHN. I do think this kid's gonna be a good one and I am happy to see he is enjoying himself here despite the season's struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ant_impact.php

Anyway, here is an article on Hirose from CHN. I do think this kid's gonna be a good one and I am happy to see he is enjoying himself here despite the season's struggles.
                    Hirose has been the most consistently good player MSU's had this season. He's certainly the leader in the hockey IQ clubhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      Hirose has been the most consistently good player MSU's had this season. He's certainly the leader in the hockey IQ clubhouse.
                      A proven junior player and not a 15 year old from Honeybaked or some high school team...imagine that

Comment

It started as a joke. Then we won a couple and it looked promising. Then bleak, then promising, then bleak again. But last night we finally did it.

We matched our wins to jerseys total!
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

MI Hockey's got an article on Danton Cole, and I don't know if that ship has left, but he's got a good take on how to run practices. Roughly summing up, emphasis is to bring a great deal of "chaos" into each session to help develop players' ability to make quick decisions.

http://www.maha.org/news_article/sho...rer_id=1111994
                          Last edited by owslachief; 03-05-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            MI Hockey's got an article on Danton Cole, and I don't know if that ship has left, but he's got a good take on how to run practices. Roughly summing up, emphasis is to bring a great deal of "chaos" into each session to help develop players' ability to make quick decisions.

http://www.maha.org/news_article/sho...rer_id=1111994
                            I was just perusing the um page here on the forum, and they are suggesting that it may be D.Cole replacing Red after this season. Given how he was treated by MSU when Hollis hired tCHHCoMSU, could be true.

And if true, that would be devastating for MSU.

Comment

I see that Red Genderon is out at Maine. Walt Kyle is out at NMU. And Dave Burkhardt is out at Niagara. Any chance Mr. Hollis grows a pair and makes a change at MSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                                I see that Red Genderon is out at Maine. Walt Kyle is out at NMU. And Dave Burkhardt is out at Niagara. Any chance Mr. Hollis grows a pair and makes a change at MSU?
                                Not a chance, especially with Nassar and football's sexual assault investigation.

Even if those two things didn't surface, Hollis, either out of stubbornness or ignorance, still probably wouldn't pull the trigger.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X