Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Anyone else kind of confused by the schedule, that has MSU being finished playing scUM for the season, before even playing OSU at all?
    Ohio state has the same thing playing Penn state 4 times before they played Wisconsin, michigan, and. Michigan state even once.
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 02-06-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Q & A with Mark Hollis includes another double-spaced on Asbestos.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...lumn/97486698/

If he persists in this insane theory that it's easier to build a brand new program than fix an existing one, then the only way to make this better is to scrap the entire hockey operation for two years and restart it in 2020.
      I didn't see anything beyond this than AD-speak. He's saying the things he needs to say before he pulls the plug at the end of the season. By pull the plug, I mean the firing is a package deal, so there are no hard feelings (It's Anastos and Miller, and let Newton make his own decision).

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        How your athletic director allows this guy to keep recruiting is beyond comprehension ..I feel bad for a once proud program
        I have no major issue with recruiting. I'm actually surprised he's doing the level of convincing he's managed to do despite the obvious coaching issues and development track record.

Comment

• A Knuble at MSU?

http://www.foxmotorshockey.com/
          I didn't believe the rumor until someone posted in SpartanMag, finally, a link. At least this is what Fox Motors club believes.

Comment

• Re: A Knuble at MSU?

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            http://www.foxmotorshockey.com/
            I didn't believe the rumor until someone posted in SpartanMag, finally, a link. At least this is what Fox Motors club believes.
            According to his Wikipedia page Mike's brother Steve (Cam's uncle) attended MSU (before my time). So there are some family ties...but considering his dad attended Michigan it is an interesting commitment to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
              According to his Wikipedia page Mike's brother Steve (Cam's uncle) attended MSU (before my time). So there are some family ties...but considering his dad attended Michigan it is an interesting commitment to pick up.
              OK, it also appears there's an athletics connection to MSU as well (aunt is a golf coach here).

Edit: Bradley Marek has joined Knuble in committing to MSU. They're #'s 1 and 2 for Fox Motors U-16 in points this season. Looks like Marek's also had a cup of coffee in the USHL as well (2 games with Bloomington).
              Last edited by owslachief; 02-09-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I don't know much about youth hockey.. I usually judge players once they get to MSU.. but I'm assuming these are pretty good kids to be getting considering the dumpster fire of a season MSU is having?

Comment

Well, at least we didn't lose. Though the shootout result has probably solidified us as the 6 seed.

Tonight's game only available on BTN Plus. I don't understand that. Only the Wings play tonight so FSD would be open, but not even Comcast wanted this game?
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Well, at least we didn't lose. Though the shootout result has probably solidified us as the 6 seed.

Tonight's game only available on BTN Plus. I don't understand that. Only the Wings play tonight so FSD would be open, but not even Comcast wanted this game?
                    Both teams suck.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I.just.can't.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        I.just.can't.
                        Neither can your team.

Comment

Fun fact - location of all MSU wins this season:

2 - Munn Ice Arena
                          2 - Yost Ice Arena
                          1 - Ewigleben Ice Arena
                          1 - Engelstad Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

2 - Munn Ice Arena
                            2 - Yost Ice Arena
                            1 - Ewigleben Ice Arena
                            1 - Engelstad Ice Arena
                            Who would've thought a six win team would be undefeated in Ann Arbor and Grand Forks.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

2 - Munn Ice Arena
                              2 - Yost Ice Arena
                              1 - Ewigleben Ice Arena
                              1 - Engelstad Ice Arena
                              As curious of a stat that is in regards to the road games it is astonishing the home fans have witnessed 2 wins all season to this point.

I do think this team has future potential. I badly want a coaching staff that I can confidently believe will help it achieve that potential. As agonizing as the season has been this team has not had any games as wholly disgusting as the 9-2 loss to UM or the 6-1 loss to PSU, which still goes down in my experience as the worst performance I've ever seen out of an MSU hockey team at Munn.

Comment

I just watched a recording of the shootout lose to scUM.
                                WHY, why did tCHHCoMSU not put his leading scorer (Mason Appleton) in the shootout? Another reason this coach is in over his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X