Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

    Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Y'all have a wonderful Christmas, and we will see you just before GLI.
    Keep the Mason/Walsh Family in your thoughts and prayers. They have had a difficult year.
    Blessings and peace to you and your families.
    Same back at you!

    Comment


    • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

      Need a new coach. Yup, fourth place at the GLI. Which is last place. Special teams are a complete disaster. 5 on 5 is okay, but can't score.
      Need a new coach. With the terrible results, I'm wondering which players will head off to better places (the OHL for example)?
      I had MSU winning 11 games this season. They need to go 7-11 to close out to hit that mark. Not going to happen. Need a new coach. tCHHCoMSU is over 30 games under 0.500 in 5+ seasons. And that number includes TWO WINNING seasons. So in the other 3+seasons, he is more then 40 games under 0.500. Need a new coach.
      Missing Volleyball! Both the game and the tall girls.......sigh.

      Comment


      • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

        Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
        Need a new coach. Yup, fourth place at the GLI. Which is last place. Special teams are a complete disaster. 5 on 5 is okay, but can't score.
        Need a new coach. With the terrible results, I'm wondering which players will head off to better places (the OHL for example)?
        I had MSU winning 11 games this season. They need to go 7-11 to close out to hit that mark. Not going to happen. Need a new coach. tCHHCoMSU is over 30 games under 0.500 in 5+ seasons. And that number includes TWO WINNING seasons. So in the other 3+seasons, he is more then 40 games under 0.500. Need a new coach.
        Missing Volleyball! Both the game and the tall girls.......sigh.
        After the NoDak series I thought my jersey/win count could be taken care of by the GLI. To beat it we need to go 4-17. That would be terrible, but after our 1-17 streak last year, it's definitely possible. PK is useless.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

        1966, 1986, 2007

        Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

        Comment


        • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

          Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          After the NoDak series I thought my jersey/win count could be taken care of by the GLI. To beat it we need to go 4-17. That would be terrible, but after our 1-17 streak last year, it's definitely possible. PK is useless.
          Well, 1-5-1 in the last seven. I can see going 0-12 to tie that 1-17-1 mark.

          Comment


          • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

            Just scrolled through the LSJ looking for Hockey News. Nothing in the last week or so.
            Kind of telling when the Hometown news source can't see fit to cover a major program at the
            University.

            Comment


            • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

              Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
              Just scrolled through the LSJ looking for Hockey News. Nothing in the last week or so.
              Kind of telling when the Hometown news source can't see fit to cover a major program at the
              University.
              The hometown news source is imploding, having continually engaged in wave after wave of layoffs of and buyout offers for quality reporters. The LSJ is another sad excuse for a corporate owned newspaper. There's nothing left but USA Today and Freep fillers. Screw you, Gannett.

              That being said, there's nothing left to be said. MSU Hockey is suffering a parallel fate. I am sad, but am trending toward numb or apathetic.

              Comment


              • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                Well, 1-5-1 in the last seven. I can see going 0-12 to tie that 1-17-1 mark.
                1-6-1 now
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                1966, 1986, 2007

                Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                Comment


                • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                  Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  1-6-1 now
                  Plumbing the depths, looking to see what uncharted territory the program can find.

                  Oh wait, I get it! It's a sort of nostalgic yearning, a throw-back to the days of Paulsen and Kobs.

                  Comment


                  • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                    I'd like to think a winless conference season would be enough, but Jacquie Joseph lost every Big Ten game AND home game and still stayed on.

                    Speaking of which, she was just elected into the NCSA Hall of Fame, so the barrier of entry for softball greatness can't be too high.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                    1966, 1986, 2007

                    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                    Comment


                    • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                      Coaching has been an issue since day 1 of Anastos. He also brings the players in through recruiting. After Appleton, how would you guys rank your top 5 players for this season?

                      Comment


                      • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                        Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        Coaching has been an issue since day 1 of Anastos. He also brings the players in through recruiting. After Appleton, how would you guys rank your top 5 players for this season?
                        As college players, or pro potential?
                        For what they can do for us right now, (in no order) - Haag (Sr-f), Hirose (fr-f), Osburn (so-d), Lambdin (fr-f), Cox (sr-f). Stenglein can be the best player on the ice but is just too inconsistent. Cox (captain) puts his soul into the game, so it's difficult to leave him out. I am this close to putting Rosburg into the mix. I think if you ask me in a month, and if the clue-challenged staff put him in the lineup, ditto for Ghaffari.

                        Pro potential: Khoderenko (fr-f), Rosburg (rs-fr-d), Osburn, Stenglein (sr-f), Lambdin

                        But I can pull out or insert about 4 or 5 next week.

                        ---------------------------------------------------------------
                        Speaking of lineups, I applaud TA for pulling Holland last night, perhaps for a mental reset. But unless Ghaffari is nursing an injury, I'd have had him on the ice.

                        Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        1-6-1 now
                        Can't we just say 0-6 in last 6?
                        Last edited by owslachief; 01-07-2017, 12:50 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                          Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          I'd like to think a winless conference season would be enough, but Jacquie Joseph lost every Big Ten game AND home game and still stayed on.

                          Speaking of which, she was just elected into the NCSA Hall of Fame, so the barrier of entry for softball greatness can't be too high.
                          NCSA - National Confectionary Sales Association Hall of Fame? That's some elite company!

                          Comment


                          • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                            Boy, Moe...

                            7 in a row.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                            1966, 1986, 2007

                            Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              NCSA - National Confectionary Sales Association Hall of Fame? That's some elite company!
                              NFCA - National Fastpitch Coaches Association. Jacquie is well connected and friendly with everyone at the NFCA and people on many NFCA committees. Additionally, the organization elects at least 3-4 people into the hall every year. That annual volume has resulted in many current coaches, still in the prime of their career (and/or with lesser profiles) being elected. It's become more about meeting a quota of inductees for the annual convention banquet than finding candidates who surpass certain thresholds of success...

                              I may be mistaken, but I believe Joseph's election for the "pioneer" category and not so much her overall coaching record.
                              Last edited by Dan; 01-08-2017, 12:13 AM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

                              Comment


                              • Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

                                Well, the season is officially in a freefall again after the worst weekend since LSSU and 7 straight losses. I can't see it getting any better next weekend in Happy Valley. How bad does it have to be for Hollis to make a move in March? The program has become a consistent loser, doormat, embarrassment, and any other sports synonym you can muster.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X