• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKSWF
    replied
    Re: BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    Hate to speculate, but violation of team rules? According to the "report" he hadn't even hit the ice yet.

Leave a comment:

• bravohankins
    replied

Hawk is gone
    Wow, has to be some sort of severe team rules violation. He was just one of the players that did season ticket deliveries last week.

Very odd to say the least....
    Last edited by bravohankins; 09-30-2016, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    I need a Myles Pizza...
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    I need a Myles Pizza...

Leave a comment:

• Critical Thinker
    replied

Well crap. Hawk is gone.

http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2016/09/ha...ockey-program/

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
    I was reading through the various pre-season columns on BGSUHockey.com and noticed where Bergeron was talking about next years non-conference games and the (hopeful) inclusion of a home and home with Michigan State. If that does come to fruition that basically guarantees us a match up with Michigan on the first day of the 2017 GLI. I would assume anyway, since we would have just played MSU and Tech is a conference mate. First GLI in the Little Caesars Arena.......something I may have to find my way back for.....
    As the tournament founder, Michigan Tech alternates playing Michigan State and Michigan in the semifinals. So considering that this year the Huskies are playing the Wolverines, you will indeed get them next year since Tech will get the Spartans.

Leave a comment:

• Crocodile Tears
    replied

The Reid Sturos 5 on 3 goal might have been the most exciting hockey moment I've witnessed in person though... after the takeaway coming down 2 on 1, with such a big tech crowd in the building, and then the explosion after he scored... man, its exciting even just to think about.

Was definitely a back breaker in that game. BG looked pretty out of it from that point forward after a pretty impressive start.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I wonder if anyone else picked up on that movie. I think most people are too young.

I was also thinking how close you all were last year. The Tech wins at Bg.... there were two goals scored by Tech with under 10 seconds to play in the period. And this year will be even closer.
    This will help if people are too young. Thinking about that game still gives me chills.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Last year's season thread started out hot then fizzled along with our PWR ranking. But not this season. This season we skate with them. This season we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! This season WE are the greatest hockey team in the WCHA. This is our time. Tech's time and Mankato's time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team Tech and Mankato have. Screw 'em. This is our time. Now go out there and bring Bring Back the Glory and remember that Toledo still sucks!
    I wonder if anyone else picked up on that movie. I think most people are too young.

I was also thinking how close you all were last year. The Tech wins at Bg.... there were two goals scored by Tech with under 10 seconds to play in the period. And this year will be even closer.

Leave a comment:

• bravohankins
    replied

I was reading through the various pre-season columns on BGSUHockey.com and noticed where Bergeron was talking about next years non-conference games and the (hopeful) inclusion of a home and home with Michigan State. If that does come to fruition that basically guarantees us a match up with Michigan on the first day of the 2017 GLI. I would assume anyway, since we would have just played MSU and Tech is a conference mate. First GLI in the Little Caesars Arena.......something I may have to find my way back for.....

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Not sure how it happened, but I ended up on Bergeron's email list. Plans for the Ice Arena's 50th are looking pretty cool. Scott Hamilton and "members of the original BG hockey team" will be in attendance over the weekend we play Mercyhurst in Feb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All

We hope this email finds all of you enjoying the end of the Summer and early Fall and to our Canadian Alumni Congratulations on your Victory last Tuesday in the World Cup of Hockey!! We also wanted to take this opportunity to give you all an update on some things that are happening with Falcon Hockey.

The 27 players on our roster have been back on Campus now for about 6 weeks. The Freshmen are trying to figure out how things work around here, both on and off the ice. They seem to be getting more comfortable every day. The returning players have done a very good job leading the way. We are happy with our starting point both on and off the ice. The players came back in great shape and our Fall Fitness testing proved that. On the ice we will be as deep at all three positions as we have been in the past 6 seasons. We will have genuine competition for playing time at every position. Our players know that they are going to have to earn their way into the lineup each weekend.

As far as the WCHA goes, the Pre-Season Polls came out last week and we were picked to win the league in both the Coaches Poll and the Media Poll. We are aware that we will have a target on our back and we understand and appreciate that fact. We are excited about the opportunity that the 16-17 Falcon Hockey Program has in front of it!!

We have attached a PDF File that has information on the 50 year Anniversary Celebration for BGSU Ice Arena on February 10th-12th. Please mark this date on your calendar as we would love to have as many BG Hockey Alums as possible in town for this event!! We have also attached a copy of our 16-17 Schedule for you all to have, we enjoying having Alums back in BG for games and as always please let us know if you are coming in for any games. The third attachment is a Photo of our 2016-2017 Team, we thought everyone would enjoy seeing the 16-17 team.

Take care and please let us know if there is anything we can do. Your continued support of Bowling Green Hockey is very much appreciated.

Chris, Barry and Ty

Leave a comment:

• Critical Thinker
    replied

Let's win something before I graduate, please.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

New video board is good to go.

https://***********/bgathletics/stat...05257397465088

Leave a comment:

• BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Last year's season thread started out hot then fizzled along with our PWR ranking. But not this season. This season we skate with them. This season we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! This season WE are the greatest hockey team in the WCHA. This is our time. Tech's time and Mankato's time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team Tech and Mankato have. Screw 'em. This is our time. Now go out there and bring Bring Back the Glory and remember that Toledo still sucks!
Working...
X