2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

I think everybody had Tech steamrolling over UAA this weekend. Boy we were all wrong. I guess the Seawolves aren't as terrible as everyone says.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I think everybody had Tech steamrolling over UAA this weekend. Boy we were all wrong. I guess Olivier Mantha isn't as terrible as everyone says.
      ftfy
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        ftfy
        Gotta include the Renouf's and Duwe.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Or Tech is not that good. I also noticed that Mankato did great vs Minnesota on friday, ( who plays a similar style to Tech) but things changed on saturday. Seems like a systems sort of thing, or was minnesota just executing better.?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Week 8 BELOW: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11...-below-rating/

I spared Tech fans an analysis of how hard it will be to pass Bemidji at this point (note: still really hard). Somehow I contained my frustration with UAH.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              I think everybody had Tech steamrolling over UAA this weekend. Boy we were all wrong. I guess the Seawolves aren't as terrible as everyone says.
              They took Bemidji to OT also. I just hope they don't figure out they do have talent until after we finish our second series up there.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Week 8 BELOW: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11...-below-rating/

Somehow I contained my frustration with UAH.

GFM
                Game 2 was a good game, until it wasn't. UAH threw in the towel after the ENG making the final score much uglier than it should have been. Guerriero was left hung out to dry.

Comment

Has Bemidji run away with this? http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11...but-its-close/

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Some interesting numbers put together by Brian Schultz and the Beaver Radio Network regarding experience for each team in terms of games played:

Team Games Played Average Games Per Player
                    Michigan Tech 1457 58.5
                    Bowling Green 1349 56.3
                    Huntsville 1452 56.2
                    Bemidji State 1277 55.5
                    MSU Mankato 1229 52.4
                    Ferris State 1248 50.1
                    Northern Michigan 1131 49.2
                    Fairbanks 1068 42.9
                    Lake State 934 42.4
                    Anchorage 1035 40.1

And now, experience in terms of the D-men and goals given up:

Team Defense Games Played Average per Defenseman Goals Allowed

Michigan Tech 620 86.5 2.44 (3rd)
                    Huntsville 460 57.8 4.06 (10th)
                    Bowling Green 391 55.8 3.14 (5th)
                    MSU Mankato 378 53.9 2.0 (2nd)
                    Northern 347 49.5 3.29 (7th)
                    Lake State 295 48.9 3.17 (6th)
                    Bemidji State 268 38.1 1.36 (1st)
                    Anchorage 266 37.9 3.33 (8th)
                    Fairbanks 301 35.7 3.42 (9th)
                    Ferris State 201 28.6 3.0 (4th)
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Part two of my Recruiting Ground series is out today, this time I discuss the BCHL. A league many of us are familiar with since almost every D1 team has a player from the BCHL on their roster:
                      Recruiting Grounds: BCHL
                      Check it out, lots of information beyond just Michigan Tech...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Mantha gives them a chance on any night.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Mantha gives them a chance on any night.
                          I completely agree with this, while they are bad, on any given night, Mantha gives them a great chance to steal some points.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Week 9 predictions: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11...ons-above-1-3/

The Alaska schools have a puncher's chance, but that's about it.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Interesting tidbit out of Bemidji. The game between Princeton and the Beavers has a female referee. I think that is the first female referee for a Beaver men's game!
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Week 9 predictions: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11...ons-above-1-3/

The Alaska schools have a puncher's chance, but that's about it.

GFM
                                I realize that each game impacts future predictions. But I am curious as to how many games have ended with a result that was less than a 50% probability. I'd look but then it would appear I understand your methodology.

And as an aside, I despise the Seawolves. But according to BG announcers, every time a Falcon hit the the the ice they were brought down without a call. And every time a Seawolve hit the ice they slipped or fell. I admit that the Seawolves suck and can't skate, but that's beside the point, give me a break. BG announcers are a bunch of homers. It gags me me to give the Seawolves a compliment, even back-handed.

Comment

Working...
                                X