Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    This has been a rumor in various forms for quite a while. At one point, the Jimmie Johns guy was supposed to fund the program and that fell through, so I don't expect a little blurb about an arena on campus to mean they will start a hockey program. It'd be nice if they did, just to have an 8th team, but other than that...

Comment

Things just got a little more interesting now with Mel on board. Will his success at Tech translate to UM?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm guessing it does. He's a good coach. He rebuilt Tech to become a ranked team. Tech was awful for a long time.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Things just got a little more interesting now with Mel on board. Will his success at Tech translate to UM?
          Yep, because he is an Edina grad!
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            Yep, because he is an Edina grad!
            A few sharp players have come out of Edina, all the ones that went to UW anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              A few sharp players have come out of Edina, all the ones that went to UW anyway.
              I could see Madison being a Cake Eater town, the whole place is just a suburb.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                I could see Madison being a Cake Eater town, the whole place is just a suburb.
                That's awesome! It brought back a memory. My wife's family is from Eden Prairie; when I first met who is now my bro' in law, he called ME a Cake Eater!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  That's awesome! It brought back a memory. My wife's family is from Eden Prairie; when I first met who is now my bro' in law, he called ME a Cake Eater!
                  For those who haven't seen this, the (Edina) Cake Eater Anthem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvU_Zhe8tpw
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    For those who haven't seen this, the (Edina) Cake Eater Anthem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvU_Zhe8tpw
                    That's hilarious. Well done by whoever put that together. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Wow, the B1G has 4 of the Top 8 teams ranked in this "Super Early Top 10 for 2017-18" poll.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Top-10-For.php
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Wow, the B1G has 4 of the Top 8 teams ranked in this "Super Early Top 10 for 2017-18" poll.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Top-10-For.php
                        Don't I know you from somewhere?

It's going to be a knockdown drag-out fight in the B7 next year, though I don't see UW at 7. I'm hoping they are sniffing around 10th, that would be a good thing, an improvement over last year and probably a seat at the dance.

Comment

For now the potential is there and the conference is on an upward arc. This is the potential I envisioned when it was formed because imho there was too much history for most of the programs to believe it would remain down for too long. With the exception of OSU (and the newly added PSU) all programs have titles and aside from MSU were more consistently good than not. PSU proving it's fully committed to hockey solidified the base and ND - while not a "powerhouse" - adds a pretty solid program to the mix.

Comment

Working...
                          X