Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Holy Cross to replace Notre Dame in Hockey East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Report: Holy Cross to replace Notre Dame in Hockey East?

well y'all know that ship has sailed. everyone is making the playoffs for as long as the eye can see from now on.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      well y'all know that ship has sailed. everyone is making the playoffs for as long as the eye can see from now on.....
      Agreed. What is Chuck Murray's abbreviation for this phenomenon?

Comment

With Holy Cross announcing that their women's program will be moving to DI in 2017-18 I think it seems likely they will be applying to Hockey East for both men and women.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Likely. Hockey East will have to toss out their on-campus arena requirements. They seem to have already done that with UConn. The article announcing HC women moving up to DI clearly states they have no plans to upgrade or expand the seating at the Hart Center.
          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
            Likely. Hockey East will have to toss out their on-campus arena requirements. They seem to have already done that with UConn. The article announcing HC women moving up to DI clearly states they have no plans to upgrade or expand the seating at the Hart Center.
            I don't think that the league accepting them would be a given if they apply, but I think it likely they will apply. Regarding the women's program the AD stated the three leagues they are looking at are the CHA, ECAC and Hockey East. The ECAC appears to be a non-starter unless a current ECAC team leaves. Likewise, the CHA appears to be unlikely based on what the AD said regarding missed class time for travel and the fit of the school with the league. That leaves Hockey East, and while the league originally had just the UConn women's program in the league, that was to get the league to the minimum six teams required by the NCAA for an auto-bid. It seems unlikely to me that they would accept Holy Cross' women's team without also accepting the men's team, especially when the league supposedly wants 12 men's team.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Holy Cross would seem to be a perfect fit for the ECAC when you look at academics (limited scholarships), size (2500), existing competition in other sports (Ivy & Patriot League) and location. IMO if the ECAC could pick up two new teams, say HC plus Army or HC plus RIT, that might work.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I don't see why any of the conferences would be bending over backwards for Holy Cross.

But I suppose I wouldn't be surprised by any result.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                X