UAH Hockey 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2016-17

#1 in the WCHA. Is it too early to be planning my Frozen Four trip?

Comment

Don't look now, but in the The College Hockey Championship Belt thread UAH currently holds both the D-II Play-up Belt AND the WCHA Belt. Be sure to take some print screens.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I thought that I'd look at the guys who didn't come to Huntsville but were listed as verbal commitments with various sources.

Nelson Gadoury has signed with Quad City in the ECHL, so there's zero chance that he'd enroll for classes and come in for three years. [We already could presume that given that Salerno and Poulsen have done exactly that the last two years and have been mentioned in the PR for their class.] Good luck to him —*he's put up some big numbers in the AJHL and could really snipe and snarl at this level.

Connor Wood is on the Odessa Jackalopes' protected list for next year, so he'll be playing out his final year of juniors at the NAHL level, his third. He has 473 PIM in 103 NAHL GP with 277 PIM in 44 GP last year —*Shane Stewart numbers for sure, and a little surprising for a guy listed at 5'8", 176#.

Huntsville's Ted Rotenberger will play one more year of juniors, this year with the Shreveport Mudbugs. Shreveport has just 6D on their protected list, so hopefully he'll see some ice time and have a chance to catch on with the hometown team. Everyone that I've ever talked to about Teddy has had nothing but great things to say about him as a person.

UAH does have two commitments for the class of 2021 in Christian Rajic (1997) and Tyr Thompson (1998), smaller guys who are putting up decent numbers as they come into a higher level of competition at a younger age. If he enrolls, Thompson will definitely be the first Charger born after my enrollment date at UAH (Rajic would be close).

GFM
        Are the Mudbugs now a junior team? We watched them in Louisiana when I was there 6 years ago, and they were pro then. Anyway, congrats on the win - impressive start!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Are the Mudbugs now a junior team? We watched them in Louisiana when I was there 6 years ago, and they were pro then. Anyway, congrats on the win - impressive start!
          Yes they are a juniors team and play at the hirsch now. Their first game had over 7,000 in attendance according to Shreveport Times.

Comment

I'm just sad that I didn't get to watch the game yet. I'm trying to figure out if my wife will let me watch yesterday's game before today's game. I'm thinking no...

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised at how few penalties seemed to be called in this first game - particularly given how many seem to have been called in the exhibition games on Saturday. That's different from last year.

Comment

Congrats on the win.
                "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

wow!
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    wow!
                    Yeah!

Comment

I like it!
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        I like it!
                        Battles won; passes made; poise kept; zones entered with speed; hustle demonstrated...etc.
                        OBOYOBOYOBOY!!!!!

Comment

It's déjà vu all over again!
                          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            The Bugs are now in the NAHL. Former Coach Scott Muscutt is heading the hockey ops side. They have also moved into a renovated Coliseum on the fairgrounds in Shreveport, their original rink.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHIce View Post
                              #1 in the WCHA. Is it too early to be planning my Frozen Four trip?
                              All playoffs are on campus sites this year. No tourney anymore. But the Salty Nut WCHA Tourney has a nice ring to it.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                wow!
                                You beat me to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X