Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    They're trying to recruit(or in some cases keep) kids that were being told by other schools that Hastings was leaving for Omaha. That press release clears up any uncertainty on the matter.
    Makes sense. Thanks to all.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      Still courting the NCHC?
      MSU Marketing isn't fooling anyone with their creative wording. They still want to be ASU's date to the Nacho prom.
      "As part of a thorough review of Maverick men's hockey last summer, we had benchmarked resources against the top teams in other leagues and made a commitment to these future program enhancements" ['Cuz if we didn't our application wasn't even going to get opened.]
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        MSU Marketing isn't fooling anyone with their creative wording. They still want to be ASU's date to the Nacho prom.
        "As part of a thorough review of Maverick men's hockey last summer, we had benchmarked resources against the top teams in other leagues and made a commitment to these future program enhancements" ['Cuz if we didn't our application wasn't even going to get opened.]
        Actually, the NCHC liked MSU's application last time. There were a plethora of issues with ASU, and with everything going on with the Alaskas they decided to table all expansion until it all settled out.
        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Nice move by the University to say Hastings is our guy. The only thing missing in his 5 year tenure is a nice post season run.

Comment

Good news day for Mav hockey! Among our recruits, Sioux City's Matiss Kivlenieks was named USHL's Goaltender of the Year and Player of the Year, and Green Bay's Connor Mackey was named Defenseman of the Year. And it looks like we're going to have a home-and-home with UMD next year, with a Saturday game in Duluth, and a Tuesday game in Mankato sometime later in the year.

Already looking forward to next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Good news day for Mav hockey! Among our recruits, Sioux City's Matiss Kivlenieks was named USHL's Goaltender of the Year and Player of the Year, and Green Bay's Connor Mackey was named Defenseman of the Year. And it looks like we're going to have a home-and-home with UMD next year, with a Saturday game in Duluth, and a Tuesday game in Mankato sometime later in the year.

Already looking forward to next year!
              Dang....Kivlenieks is signing with the Blue Jackets rather than coming to Kato. Pawolski is going to need to step up.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                Dang....Kivlenieks is signing with the Blue Jackets rather than coming to Kato. Pawolski is going to need to step up.
                I'm kinda crushed by this. I saw a lot of Kivlenieks this year, and I thought he would move the Mavs from "could be really good" to "definitely will be really good" next year. I don't mean to denigrate Pillows, because he's helped us win several games over the last couple years, but boy! Kivlenieks really would have been top-notch.

I guess if you want to be a big-time program, you have to expect early departures. But not this early!

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                  Well, that's a disappointment.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                  X