Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Reports out of Buffalo indicate that it's pretty much just Friday nights -- basically just one game a week. Other HS football games will be covered on an alternative venue, probably an online stream. Other sports are SOL, apparently.

Powers &8^]
    Not even high school basketball? Wow.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

That's kinda weird... I would think CW Rochester would be required to run CW's usual Friday night programming. Fans of Jane the Virgin won't be happy.

Powers &8^]
      CW Rochester (as does ABC Rochester) occasionally shows Yankees games, interrupting normal CW programming to do so.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        CW Rochester (as does ABC Rochester) occasionally shows Yankees games, interrupting normal CW programming to do so.
        But that's almost exclusively in the summer time when there are only re-runs on.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

That's kinda weird... I would think CW Rochester would be required to run CW's usual Friday night programming. Fans of Jane the Virgin won't be happy.

Powers &8^]

Wait... that show is still on TV? I don't think the unhappiness level will get too overwhelming.
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Sounds like Spectrum shutting down their sports channel is a blessing in disguise then, if we're going to get it over-the-air. I've never had Time Warner/Spectrum for TV so I've never been able to get the games when I can't make it to them.

RIT Hockey FB Group
            Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Caleb Cameron to play for the Macon Mayhem (SPHL). Jordan Ruby had a very successful year there last year being named the playoff MVP after leading them to the Presidents Cup Championship before heading off to play in France.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/mac...ws/news_493565
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Caleb Cameron to play for the Macon Mayhem (SPHL). Jordan Ruby had a very successful year there last year being named the playoff MVP after leading them to the Presidents Cup Championship before heading off to play in France.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/mac...ws/news_493565
                "He was also a part of three consecutive AHA championships from 2013-2016"
                It's amazing what professional journalists write sometimes. If RIT had honestly won championships from 2013 to 2016, that would be four, not three. Not to mention that they didn't even win 3 championships in that time frame, let alone three in a row. I'm guessing that if the quote is correct, the writer got that "fake news" from Kevin Kerr, who stated "“He won three championships in his time at RIT..."

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  "He was also a part of three consecutive AHA championships from 2013-2016"
                  It's amazing what professional journalists write sometimes. If RIT had honestly won championships from 2013 to 2016, that would be four, not three. Not to mention that they didn't even win 3 championships in that time frame, let alone three in a row. I'm guessing that if the quote is correct, the writer got that "fake news" from Kevin Kerr, who stated "“He won three championships in his time at RIT..."
                  Yup saw this. Not sure where the author got his info from. Maybe a cut and paste from a different league and team. Anyway best of luck to Caleb I will be following the Macon team and reading the box scores.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Can't believe we've dropped to the second page. Anyway we're getting closer to the start of the season. With all the talk, all the hype, all the predictions on where RIT is supposed to finish how do you all feel about the total number of wins this year? Coach says this team has a chip on their shoulders and are determined. The way last year ended was a huge disappointment. As the competition increases along with the scholarships I think we finish with 18 wins. That's both conference and non-conference wins. Anybody else care to chime in?
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Obviously it's going to depend on the goaltending. But I do think they have the best defensemen as a whole in the league from top to bottom. I think that it's going to come down to that. I think the team will be fine on offense. I think 18 wins sounds about right if the team stays healthy and first round bye and a trip to BCA.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        Obviously it's going to depend on the goaltending. But I do think they have the best defensemen as a whole in the league from top to bottom. I think that it's going to come down to that. I think the team will be fine on offense. I think 18 wins sounds about right if the team stays healthy and first round bye and a trip to BCA.
                        It would be quite a leap from where the Tigers finished 2016-17 up to a bye and trip to the BCA. Having the Norrish twins healthy and playing all season would certainly go a long way towards achieving that. I just hope those who were on the ice for the disastrous finish can forget it (after they learn from the repeated mistakes and late game collapses, that is) and move forward, following the captains' lead. I'm not going out on a limb to say this, but the biggest question mark for this team is clearly the goaltending... enough said. As is usually the case, there won't be much of a point differential between 3rd place and 9th place in this conference. Only one or two wins here or there will likely make a huge difference in the standings. You just never know. The Tigers could perform pretty close to the same as last season and finish anywhere from a first round bye to being on the road for the first round.
                        My prediction (subject to change once we actually see them play a real game, of course) will be 12-13-3 in conference and 13-17-4 overall. I hope I'm so so so wrong, though.

Comment

Goaltending has to be improved. There is no way you are going to be successful in this league with a sub .900 SVS%. If that is the case then you will need 4 goals a night against some very good defensive teams a a couple of really good goaltenders. The competition is going on right now in practice. I expect to see all 3 goaltenders rotate at first, but I would not be surprised if each get just one start before the pattern changes. I think obviously Short has an up hill battle to gain the coaches confidence. Last year I thought the situation begged for him to at least get some more ice time. I certainly am not arguing that he should have been the starter, but the way Rotolo struggled in back to back games made it more odd that the coaching staff did not give him more looks. Anyway that argument is irrelevant right now, and what is relevant is that situation seems to favor one of the two freshmen. Drackett seems to have the more impressive bullet points on his hockey resume, but Andriano certainly put up some impressive numbers in his junior career. The great news is they have one of, if not the best defensive in front of them. The offense should take care of it's self, just up to the coaching staff to find right combinations. Incoming Freshman class is at the top of the league, all the forwards have a lot of scoring potential. First guy I am looking at this weekend is Hamacher...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

One thing for certain, with the batch of graduating goaltenders from Army, Air Force, Canisius, RIT, Niagara I do not think any team in Atlantic Hockey has a any advantage between the pipes going into the season. We lost all lot of premium goaltenders in a single season, many of the remaining ones do a great job however need to elevate their game to a much higher level to match some of the cream who have left imho. In looking at teams who did not lose their goaltender/s I see some really adequate netminders, but nothing to the likes of Starrett, Gahagan or a Williams so we'll have to see which team goaltending surfaces as it really is a whitewash at this time.

RIT has the Norrish twins back and healthy, with average goaltending and a stellar defense that should solidify their position high up in the standings. If a goaltender emerges of the stature of some of the ones who have graduated then the season could be brighter than that.

The biggest thing this season matchup wise has got to be goaltending, no one has the podium here so it is open to the right one to emerge.

I remember how instrumental Charles Williams become for Canisius when they acquired him last season, went from a 0.888 save percentage the year prior with Ferris State to a 0.943 save percentage at Canisius. In talking to some fans and parents that gave their team so much confidence when playing it elevated them from 6th/7th spot to 1st overall in the standings. There may have been other factors, but goaltending sure helped that out. Will be exciting to see who emerges league wide.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              It would be quite a leap from where the Tigers finished 2016-17 up to a bye and trip to the BCA.
                              Didn't we finish sixth? A bye is only one spot higher.

Powers &8^]

Comment

RIT was sixth last year, but lost in the first round against Niagara in 3.

Having the Norish twins healthy is huge for both the offense and defense. The power play was not the same without them.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X