Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    Well hopefully this doesn't mean we we go to the NCAAs for all most every year this decade and not win a National Title
    Better sign Wilson to a contract until he's 107 now!
    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
      Looking to the future, any thoughts on incoming President Munson and the implications for hockey? Coming from Michigan, obviously a school with a strong hockey tradition, I expect him to be an ally for elevating this program as far as it'll go.
      I have yet to read anything that suggests he is a big sports guy, so I think it might be hasty to jump to any conclusions as to what his appointment means for hockey on campus. But if it turns out he is a big sports guy he, coming from a big D1 B1G school, may look hard at moving the campus to D1. But probably not.
      RIT

Comment

• It's become dismal
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

The effort was there tonight. We weren't able to convert on the chances we had. Injuries have impacted special teams the most though and the PK was the final nail in the coffin.

I completely agree with coach about Visconte and Foote though. The stunning arrogance in refusing to even review the second goal, along with their history makes me question if there is any quality control in the league office. Their consistent unprofessionalism has no place at this level.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
            The effort was there tonight. We weren't able to convert on the chances we had. Injuries have impacted special teams the most though and the PK was the final nail in the coffin.

I completely agree with coach about Visconte and Foote though. The stunning arrogance in refusing to even review the second goal, along with their history makes me question if there is any quality control in the league office. Their consistent unprofessionalism has no place at this level.
            Given the history I don't understand the thinking of the league. I sit in the stands at Tate and every single questionable play goes to review as it should. How that happens I don't know, maybe it's just eye contact with the coaches or a verbal request but always a review. All I know is that bad officiating has hurt this league for so long that I have been a long time proponent of RIT taking its team and its assets to another league. Probably not going to happen but other D1 leagues have to be laughing. No disprespect to Bentley, they played hard and got the win. The other teams smell blood in the water with this RIT team and are going to take any advantage they can to beat an injury riddled RIT, I just don't expect Atlantic Hockey to pile on too.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Bad officiating again tonight. Unfortunate that games have to be played this way.

Comment

Peacock with a really timely wrap around goal. Oh to be tall and with a wingspan like his. I think Argue was confused because Peacock was on his left while the puck was going in on his right.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Same old same old. I think this was our best game in a while, but we could not finish while Bentley cashed in on every single mistake. Wilson was irate with the refs at the end of the game, not sure what that was about.

Word is we won't be getting anyone back by next week.
                  Last edited by kwm4385; 01-28-2017, 09:28 PM.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

This is going to be a tough final stretch. Winning games, getting healthy, and having momentum going into the playoffs is tough when your player options are limited. The freshmen are being asked to shoulder a lot of responsibilities, lets see how they do over the final few series, if anything all the ice time will build confidence in the underclassmen, as the radio guys were mentioning during the third period.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                      we could not finish while Bentley cashed in on every single mistake
                      That's been the problem for years, with a few breaks when Garbowsky was firing on all cylinders.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        That's been the problem for years, with a few breaks when Garbowsky was firing on all cylinders.

Powers &8^]
                        If I pulled out a hair for every time RIT players have been frantically whacking at a puck on the goal line, shooting into a goalie's chest on a breakaway, or whiffing at a wide open net in the last few years I'd be bald.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                          Garbowsky's senior year was the only time RIT has been able to finish since the Brennar/Favot/Burt days. Combine that with goaltending that is below-average and unable to make the game saving save and it's a recipe for being 8th in the league.
                          RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                            Bad officiating again tonight. Unfortunate that games have to be played this way.
                            While there were some bad calls, that's not why the Tigers lost on Saturday night. Bentley put together a more determined third period, they were more on their game than RIT was on theirs. RIT is a struggling team right now just looking to put together a solid 60 minutes. RIT fans myself included can hope for the best for the remainder of the season but in reality also expect the worse. Cliche I know, but it is what it is.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Garbowsky's senior year was the only time RIT has been able to finish since the Brennar/Favot/Burt days. Combine that with goaltending that is below-average and unable to make the game saving save and it's a recipe for being 8th in the league.
                              What has it been giving RIT success in the previous two seasons? Goaltending has been below average since those days as well. Was our offensive brute-force simply able to cover up these other flaws?
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                                What has it been giving RIT success in the previous two seasons? Goaltending has been below average since those days as well. Was our offensive brute-force simply able to cover up these other flaws?
                                I'd say strong blue line first including PK, then leadership, timely goals (MGM line, etc), and timely goaltending ( getting hot when it counted).
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X