Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Coach said in the postgame that he thought the Tigers came out too hesitant in the first. If they hadn't played "scared" (his word) it might have made a difference in the first.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Yeah they had some real good missed opportunities and three of those goals were kinda soft. Some of the top forwards realized they could blow right by certain d men of RIT, so they really gotta be more physical and keep them much wider on those rushes. However, Providence D is slow except for one guy I thought and our faster guys especially Powell were routinely beating them to the outside. We really missed Valenzuela - the lines seemed a little out of sync. This tean is a challenge for RIT their overall speed and passin accuracy is just a little above the recent and more typical competition RIT has faced.

Comment

Gabe V. was injured in practice this past week, according to RIT Hockey Twitter. There was no info on how long or the extent of the injury.

RIT Hockey FB Group
        Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
          Gabe V. was injured in practice this past week, according to RIT Hockey Twitter. There was no info on how long or the extent of the injury.
          Didn't Coach Wilson say in the post game interview on WITR last night that Gabe V. would be playing tonight... or am I mistaken?
          RIT TIGERS
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four 2010
          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
            Didn't Coach Wilson say in the post game interview on WITR last night that Gabe V. would be playing tonight... or am I mistaken?
            No, I don't think he did. He said he had to look at the film to decide exactly who was going to rotate out, though he did imply any healthy scratches from last night would get in tonight.

The broadcasters speculated that Gabe would not play tonight because it's a non-conference game and there's no point in possibly re-aggravating whatever injury he has.

Powers &8^]

Comment

In the pregame show last night they said it was a sprained ankle.
              RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Rotolo gets lit up last night in a meaningless game...let's have him start again tonight instead of letting Short within 20 feet of the crease.

Thanks Wayne.
                RIT

Comment

• I don't mind see the Tigers lose to a non-conference foe. Though talent wise I think RIT might be better... IDK what it is but RIT sucks so badly against non-conference teams during the season but turns it on when it matters!
                  R I T HOCKEY
                  Frozen Four
                  Elite Eight
                  NCAA Tournament
                  2010-2015-2016
                  RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    Rotolo gets lit up last night in a meaningless game...let's have him start again tonight instead of letting Short within 20 feet of the crease.

Thanks Wayne.
                    Thought the same thing. I'll really be scratching my head if Short does not get the Bowling Green start. No one disputes that Mike is #1 and should get the conference game starts, but we need to keep his backup sharp too. Mike also got the Bowling Green start last year at Homecoming so maybe Wayne had these three OOC games already decided with Mike getting the two Friar games and Short getting the Bowling Green start.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      Thought the same thing. I'll really be scratching my head if Short does not get the Bowling Green start. No one disputes that Mike is #1 and should get the conference game starts, but we need to keep his backup sharp too. Mike also got the Bowling Green start last year at Homecoming so maybe Wayne had these three OOC games already decided with Mike getting the two Friar games and Short getting the Bowling Green start.
                      That doesn't make sense, either, though. That would give Rotolo three full weekends off before the Sacred Heart series. Wouldn't he rather use the BGSU game to get him back into the swing of things?

Powers &8^]

Comment

I think the message Wilson is sending is pretty clear - he has no faith in Short and he absolutely is not the presumptive #1 next season as the only upper classmen.

Even if Short does get another start, he'll probably be a basket case - it's a very mental position and the one start he got this year he got pulled 21 minutes in and hasn't seen a game in 3 months since. Every shot he sees he's going to wonder if it's the last of the season...definitely not a good place to be.

As for this weekend, not a surprising end result. There were stretches where RIT was dominating, but none of them occurred until after PC had multi goal leads.
                        Last edited by RIT Winters; 12-11-2016, 10:17 AM.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          ....the one start he got this year he got pulled 21 minutes in and hasn't seen a game in 3 months since. Every shot he sees he's going to wonder if it's the last of the season...definitely not a good place to be.
                          Agree he showed some rust at the RPI game earlier this year, more reason to get him some playing time I would think....

Lt Powers: That doesn't make sense, either, though. That would give Rotolo three full weekends off before the Sacred Heart series. Wouldn't he rather use the BGSU game to get him back into the swing of things?
                          Also agree that the break is a long lay off and we need to keep Mike sharp... definitely scratching my head... Mike stays healthy and plays well and it's all a moot point. If he gets dinged down the stretch it will be interesting going with a rusty backup but I guess we can say that for most of the other top teams and #1 goalies in Atlantic Hockey. With the parity in the league this year from top to bottom most coaches have been riding their number #1's most of the way, not too much alternating between Friday and Saturday night games. OOC games are a chance however to get your other goalies some playing time and not effect league standings. Strange but nonetheless I have faith in the coaching staff.
                          Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 12-11-2016, 11:51 AM.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Strange but nonetheless I have faith in the coaching staff.
                            I do too; I just wish someone in the media would ask the coach about it when he or she has a chance.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Maybe, just maybe.....Wilson is trying to get Rotolo all of the experience he can against teams they might face in the NCAA's which can lead to a better performance down the road. Short can win the spot next year but this is Rotolo's year to run with it.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                I think the message Wilson is sending is pretty clear - he has no faith in Short and he absolutely is not the presumptive #1 next season as the only upper classman.
                                I would agree, but maybe not so much as to say Coach has no faith in Short as much as he feels night-in and night-out that Rotolo gives the Tigers the best chance to win. A minor difference of semantics, though. He knows these guys and sees them in practice tons more than any of us. He knows who the best choice is. The fact that he won't even put the backup into semi-meaningless non-conference games says quite a bit, especially since Rotolo has been far from lights out this season. He's had some outstanding games, but some real pedestrian performances as well. Sometimes we see both in the same contest. I thought he was stellar at times Friday night, but still managed to give up 5. Saturday, at least the first goal if not both of the first two goals looked a bit soft from my vantage point. He was excellent the rest of the game, but those two were enough for the Friars. Rotolo is very good and certainly a fan favorite, but it's not like we've got DiMichiel, Guimond, or Madolora out there kicking butt and leaving no question who the starter is. Christian must really be struggling in the eyes of the coaching staff.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X