Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    RIT was sixth last year, but lost in the first round against Niagara in 3.

Having the Norish twins healthy is huge for both the offense and defense. The power play was not the same without them.
    If they can stay healthy so season
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

I have this team seriously finishing anywhere between 1st and 6th. I thought last year the talent was there to win the league. Their heads got on the way. Yes there were injuries, but they always have injuries.

This year I think they are humbled, but eager to redeem themselves and they are more talented if I've got the read on this Freshman class...
      Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM.
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        Their heads got on the way. Yes there were injuries, but they always have injuries.
        Some injuries are more impactful than others.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Some injuries are more impactful than others.

Powers &8^]
          True, I often have thought about what may have happen if Garbowsky doesn't miss much of his Junior year. However, last year's team showed signs of going off the rails long before their were any injuries. The blown 4 Goal lead to RMU debacle for one had nothing to do with the Norrish twins getting hurt...

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            True, I often have thought about what may have happen if Garbowsky doesn't miss much of his Junior year. However, last year's team showed signs of going off the rails long before their were any injuries. The blown 4 Goal lead to RMU debacle for one had nothing to do with the Norrish twins getting hurt...
            Yup, I remember many of us posting that that lost might be costly for us despite being so early in the year. Never got our mojo on after that lost culminating in our playoff loss to Niagara. If we fans are still writing about that collapse I think we can pretty much guarantee the returning student athletes on the ice that night have not forgotten either. I think 'determined' is a good description for this years team and while I'm not expecting a win for brick city I'd like to see RIT steal some points when Union and RPI visit.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

For anyone going to the Orange & White game tonite, and staying for Skate with the Tigers, I got some important information this morning from the GPC box office:

1. Skates can not be brought into the arena for the game, you have to leave them in your car and go get them between the game and the skating session.

2. The box office will be closing at 6:00 PM, so if you don't get your ticket in advance, don't be late!!!!

Both of these are decidedly inconvenient, the first item for obvious reasons, and the second item because my daughters are more interested in the skating, so we were going to show up about halfway through the Orange & White Game (I know, I should probably have my fan card revoked!). Now I need to make an extra trip over to RIT this afternoon. I think they need to come up with a better system for this, particularly the item about not being allowed to bring skates in. I did not see that communicated anywhere, so I'm glad I called.

Comment

Good to see RIT addressing the recent spate of skate-based violence and heading it off.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
                  For anyone going to the Orange & White game tonite, and staying for Skate with the Tigers, I got some important information this morning from the GPC box office:

1. Skates can not be brought into the arena for the game, you have to leave them in your car and go get them between the game and the skating session.

2. The box office will be closing at 6:00 PM, so if you don't get your ticket in advance, don't be late!!!!

Both of these are decidedly inconvenient, the first item for obvious reasons, and the second item because my daughters are more interested in the skating, so we were going to show up about halfway through the Orange & White Game (I know, I should probably have my fan card revoked!). Now I need to make an extra trip over to RIT this afternoon. I think they need to come up with a better system for this, particularly the item about not being allowed to bring skates in. I did not see that communicated anywhere, so I'm glad I called.
                  RIT University Arenas........ Especially given the parking situation at the GPC that is ridiculous. I get the security issue and not wanting them in the stands, but there will probable only be 100-200 people tonight. They should just use a coat check system to check in the skates. That would make too much sense though...

Did that include season ticket pick up? Per the Email they sent it sounded like they would have a table set up for that, not be using the box office.

Tables will be set up just outside the Box Office (at Gate 1) for pick up of both your season ticket books and the complimentary ticket for this game.

If you are unable to make the Orange vs. White Night the season tickets will be available to pick up at the Gene Polisseni Center Box Office beginning Wednesday, October 4th. The Box Office is open Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Good to see RIT addressing the recent spate of skate-based violence and heading it off.

Powers &8^]
                    I'm pretty sure an unnamed influential member of the RIT sports media lead the charge for a national skate registration. Good news is the National Skate Association and RIT College Republicans are in favor of increased regulation on Bump Skates...

I'm probably going to get a slap on the wrist and "glasses at the tip of the nose" look for that one

Good thing the reaper doesn't lurk around here or this would turn into a circus
                    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-06-2017, 12:07 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      I'm pretty sure an unnamed influential member of the RIT sports media lead the charge for a national skate registration. Good news is the National Skate Association and RIT College Republicans are in favor of increased regulation on Bump Skates...

I'm probably going to get a slap on the wrist and "glasses at the tip of the nose" look for that one
                      Regardless of one's political leanings... That's a good one
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        Regardless of one's political leanings... That's a good one
                        Roo approves.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Roo approves.

You know I'd be real impressed with another fan base if we hear about that while playing on the road this season. Has anyone heard a rumor about Disney suing over that?

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule

Comment

You know I'd be real impressed with another fan base if we hear about that while playing on the road this season. Has anyone heard a rumor about Disney suing over that?
                            I've been thinking the same thing. Or if RIT has a Teddy Bear toss. How many Roo's are going to hit the ice. I don't know how well RPI fans travel but they were quick to pick up on old Roo at RIT. So Roo might be making a showing at GPC sooner than later. Maybe Ritchie could invite a full size Roo on the ice between periods. Lots of possibilities.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I'm pretty sure an unnamed influential member of the RIT sports media lead the charge for a national skate registration. Good news is the National Skate Association and RIT College Republicans are in favor of increased regulation on Bump

Skates...

Good thing the reaper doesn't lurk around here or this would turn into a circus
                              I just bought five pairs of skates before they are banned altogether!😨
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                I just bought five pairs of skates before they are banned altogether!��
                                Which means it's time to invest in skate manufacturers as everyone does the same.

Anyway, time for a new thread? This title I picked a year ago is bugging me now.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X