Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

I'm more encouraged by the other AHC teams inability to win their exhibition games than anything else. Niagara and RMU both tied and Holy Cross won...but only after giving up 5 goals. Army tying Colgate may be an early indicator that they will remain a surprisingly good team this year.

As for RIT I think we were clearly shaking A LOT of rust off, but by the end of the game you could tell they were skating with more confidence and were making better decisions (and passes). Rotolo didn't have to work at all, Short had to work on the 5v3 and stopped a breakaway. But I agree it's Rotolo's net to lose for his senior year.
    RIT

Comment

Time Warner had the Colgate Army game broadcasting down here so I was able to watch that game while listening to our RIT radio guys.

Army has a heck of a goalie and play makers on offense. Colgate let Army hang around and it cost them with Army getting two greasy goals after going down 2-0. Colgate will need a better effort than that if they want to make noise in the ECAC. Maybe it was early season rust for Colgate but Army was the more dangerous team at the end of the game. One thing that was crazy was the amount of penalties. Not sure if this will be a trend or it is just an ECAC thing but it was hard for either team to get any rhythm.

Listening to our RIT game I was more anxious about someone getting hurt. If you browse the posts today you'll see a few posts about the rougher style of play of the Canadian collegiate teams. Glad we won. I read that Guelph and Brock previously had quite a rough and tumble game in their league with Brock winning. Although these exhibitions mean little it will be interesting to see how Canisius does today against Guelph.

Finally if you listened to our radio guys between periods talking about our schedule we learned that RPI and Union will be returning the favor and visiting RIT next year after we visit them this year. So we have some advance knowledge of our OOC games next year.
      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 10-02-2016, 01:24 PM.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post

Listening to our RIT game I was more anxious about someone getting hurt. If you browse the posts today you'll see a few posts about the rougher style of play of the Canadian collegiate teams.
        Yeah - I was surprised with the level of animosity at points during the game, given that it was an exhibition.
        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Looks like Canisius got pasted by Guelph 6-2 this afternoon. They were outscored 5-0 in the second period and were shut out until midway through the third.
          RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

RPI and Union will be returning the favor and visiting RIT next year
            Good to know, though I think we were all operating on that assumption, as that's the way these things usually work when it comes to ECAC pairings.

Here's my big question from last night: How come the Norrish twins don't have first initials on their nameplates anymore? Caleb and Shawn Cameron do.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Anyone been to Harborcenter for a Canisius game?

Do they ever sell out their games? I'm going the the Nov. 4th game against RIT, trying to figure out if I'll be fine just buying tickets when I get there. The only way I can find to get tickets is through Ticketmaster.
              To add to that, I can't find any info on Harborcenter even having a box office (Harborcenter & Canisus websites). They have to be selling tickets at the game, right? I'd ask on the Canisius thread, but I can't find one...which probably answers my "do the games sell out" question.
              Last edited by StimulisRK; 10-03-2016, 10:28 AM.

RIT Hockey FB Group
              Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post

Do they ever sell out their games? I'm going the the Nov. 4th game against RIT, trying to figure out if I'll be fine just buying tickets when I get there. The only way I can find to get tickets is through Ticketmaster.
                To add to that, I can't find any info on Harborcenter even having a box office (Harborcenter & Canisus websites). They have to be selling tickets at the game, right? I'd ask on the Canisius thread, but I can't find one...which probably answers my "do the games sell out" question.
                I doubt they sell out since they are a more of a basketball school. I can ask the DJ at harbor center though.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Here's my big question from last night: How come the Norrish twins don't have first initials on their nameplates anymore? Caleb and Shawn Cameron do.
                  That's a good question. Maybe they figured that their play-style is so different that you don't really need the initial to know who's who? If you ever get confused, just wait and see which one ends up behind the opponent's net. That's Brady.

Comment

Dunno about a box office; I would assume they would have to have one, for Will Call tickets if nothing else. You could call or email the Canisius Ticket Office; I'm sure they'd know if you can get tickets at the gate. If you find out, let me know; I'm thinking about hitting up that game myself.

According to official game stats, Canisius averaged 1,092 attendees last season. Capacity is 1,800.

Powers &8^]

Comment

So what's the prospects for the RIT - Uconn game? Blowout on either end? Competative? I haven't followed the huskies since they've left.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

The only games they've sold out since moving to Harbor Center has been there first two games played there against Ohio State. They do not have a box office at Harbor Center. I am not even sure if there is a box office at the Koessler Athletic Center. Unless like 1,000 RIT fans show the game will not not sell out. The RIT Buffalo Alumni Chapter said they were going to make an event for this game. Guessing they would try to have a dinner at the 716 restaurant attached to Harbor Center. Nothing has been officially announced yet to my knowledge other than they said they wanted to do that game.

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                        Looks like Canisius got pasted by Guelph 6-2 this afternoon. They were outscored 5-0 in the second period and were shut out until midway through the third.
                        That same Guelph Team beat Mercyhurst by the same score, using a 4 goal second period (they put a 5 spot on Canisius in the second. Noticed a recognizable name is missing off the Canisius roaster this season, Daniel Lafontaine. Incase people missed it, Shane Conacher signed with the Toronto Marlies. College Hockey in the Buffalo area could be rough this year...

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        I'm more encouraged by the other AHC teams inability to win their exhibition games than anything else. Niagara and RMU both tied and Holy Cross won...but only after giving up 5 goals. Army tying Colgate may be an early indicator that they will remain a surprisingly good team this year.

As for RIT I think we were clearly shaking A LOT of rust off, but by the end of the game you could tell they were skating with more confidence and were making better decisions (and passes). Rotolo didn't have to work at all, Short had to work on the 5v3 and stopped a breakaway. But I agree it's Rotolo's net to lose for his senior year.
                        Correction, Niagara lost. As for RIT I thought they were very sloppy passing in the first period. Things got progressively better as the game wore on, but still like to see it much better this weekend against RMU. I'm a little disappointed in the rest of the AHA teams. The Canadian colleges can be respectable, but you should get a W.

Listening to our RIT game I was more anxious about someone getting hurt. If you browse the posts today you'll see a few posts about the rougher style of play of the Canadian collegiate teams. Glad we won. I read that Guelph and Brock previously had quite a rough and tumble game in their league with Brock winning.
                        Looks like something happen in the Western Ontario @ Niagara game at the end of the second. Check out this box score. Why I'd would love to get the USA Development team over these Canadian Colleges.

WON-8 Luke Karaim (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        WON-9 Sean Callaghan (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        WON-10 Spencer Cobbold (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        WON-11 Rylan Ball (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        WON-12 Trent Ouellette (5-Slashing) NIA 1x8 18:06
                        WON-13 Luke Karaim (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        WON-14 Trent Ouellette (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        WON-15 Sean Callaghan (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        WON-16 Spencer Cobbold (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        WON-17 Rylan Ball (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        NIA-3 TJ Sarcona (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        NIA-4 Nicolas Carrier (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        NIA-5 Devin Campbell (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        NIA-6 Vinny Muto (5-FACEMASKING) 18:06
                        NIA-7 TJ Sarcona (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        NIA-8 Nicolas Carrier (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        NIA-9 Devin Campbell (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        NIA-10 Vinny Muto (10-Game Misconduct) 18:06
                        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-05-2016, 09:59 PM.
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          In other news, RIT hockey games won't be broadcast to on-campus residents this year; RIT is moving away from TWC to a streaming service for cable television.
                          Feeling quite-fortunate here in the Southern Tier, as at least tonight's game was covered by TWC, albeit on SportsChannel2 in non-HD. Hoping this continues (despite the desire to trek-up to Polisseni more!).

EDIT: Scrolling-through the schedule guide to Saturday night, all three TWC channels are shown as carrying tomorrow's game.

Cheers!!!
                          ~TTF
                          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 10-07-2016, 08:37 PM. Reason: Add Saturday Observation
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

As a whole I think this team has more speed top to bottom than any Tiger team I've seen. If we look this good against a conference opponent on day 1 of the season we could be in for a heck of a ride..
                            RIT

Comment

Anyone try the ustream feed? All I got was a RIT production services splash screen
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                As a whole I think this team has more speed top to bottom than any Tiger team I've seen. If we look this good against a conference opponent on day 1 of the season we could be in for a heck of a ride..
                                The only thing I didn't like about tonights game was the penalty after penalty. Overall this looks like it will be quite the season. I can't wait to see what this season will bring. Let's hope our boys stay healthy.
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X