Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    A little farther east than Providence? Where do you live, in the Atlantic Ocean?

Powers &8^]
    LOL

Blazer's location says Portsmouth, NH. That's 100+ miles North-Northeast of Providence, maybe 20 miles in the Easterly direction... maybe.
    Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 06-20-2017, 11:30 AM.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Class of 2021 announced:

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...18-season.aspx

Forwards Bruce, Delainey, Dupuis, Hamacher, and Traptow. Defensemen Seiferling and Willett; Goalies Andriano and Drackett.

Looks good, but I'll be rooting for Andriano to win the goalie competition because "Logan Drackett" just doesn't sound like an RIT goalie name.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        LOL

Blazer's location says Portsmouth, NH. That's 100+ miles North-Northeast of Providence, maybe 20 miles in the Easterly direction... maybe.
        At least 40 easy as the crow flies!
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          At least 40 easy as the crow flies!
          How would the crow know? They're not ocean birds
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
            How would the crow know? They're not ocean birds
            New England crows are a strange bunch sand go to the most unusual places. Only two more months until we can get back to talking about hockey!😁
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              New England crows are a strange bunch sand go to the most unusual places. Only two more months until we can get back to talking about hockey!��
              Crows are not to be mocked. They are smart and are survivors who can make a "living" most anywhere - land or sea

I wish Dan Willett the best of luck. When he was 16 and a star in the NY metropolitan area, he committed to Northeastern and left for the USHL. I guess the NU coaches were expecting him to grow. Never happened! A year or two later, he and NU parted company. There was a story going a around that he wanted to go Ivy. Also never happened. Despite his size he managed to stay healthy and in the lineup. He must be pretty tough and smart to survive in that league. Hopefully, he'll be in the lineup when the Huskies come to visit in October.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                Crows are not to be mocked. They are smart and are survivors who can make a "living" most anywhere - land or sea

I wish Dan Willett the best of luck. When he was 16 and a star in the NY metropolitan area, he committed to Northeastern and left for the USHL. I guess the NU coaches were expecting him to grow. Never happened! A year or two later, he and NU parted company. There was a story going a around that he wanted to go Ivy. Also never happened. Despite his size he managed to stay healthy and in the lineup. He must be pretty tough and smart to survive in that league. Hopefully, he'll be in the lineup when the Huskies come to visit in October.
                Kid comes from a great family,and I know from experience this kid is tough,best of luck to Dan and the Willett family, I will be following Dan all year.

Comment

Anyone hear anything about Brick City Tickets? I thought I recalled reading they should go on sale by now, but have not heard anything since the initial season ticket Email...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    Anyone hear anything about Brick City Tickets? I thought I recalled reading they should go on sale by now, but have not heard anything since the initial season ticket Email...
                    I second your question Tom, its been a long time since I've been in the lower ring of the Blue Cross Arena because I usually check for online ticket sales for a few days in a row, then I forget a day or a week or so, and then I remeber to check again and the only thing left is way in the back. Hopefully we will see an announcement soon. Oh and congrats to the four seniors from last year going off to play pro hockey, (Caleb, Todd, Alex and Danny) as was posted on RIT Hockey's Twitter feed a few days ago. Best of luck to the four of you.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      I second your question Tom, its been a long time since I've been in the lower ring of the Blue Cross Arena because I usually check for online ticket sales for a few days in a row, then I forget a day or a week or so, and then I remeber to check again and the only thing left is way in the back. Hopefully we will see an announcement soon. Oh and congrats to the four seniors from last year going off to play pro hockey, (Caleb, Todd, Alex and Danny) as was posted on RIT Hockey's Twitter feed a few days ago. Best of luck to the four of you.
                      You can purchase brick city tickets now.

Comment

Well so much for giving season ticket holders first pick...
                        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 08-14-2017, 03:19 PM.
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
                          You can purchase brick city tickets now.
                          Thanks! I was able to purchase my tickets this morning, excited to be heading back to the BCA for Homecoming, it has always been a great event. I did notice between messing around with the ipad, getting another cup of coffee, and eventually switching to a desktop (easier to select your seats with a mouse versus a touch pad) I lost the first set of tickets I chose so I imagine the lower bowl tickets will go fast.

Thank you again for the update on the ticket sales.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Thanks! I was able to purchase my tickets this morning, excited to be heading back to the BCA for Homecoming, it has always been a great event. I did notice between messing around with the ipad, getting another cup of coffee, and eventually switching to a desktop (easier to select your seats with a mouse versus a touch pad) I lost the first set of tickets I chose so I imagine the lower bowl tickets will go fast.

Thank you again for the update on the ticket sales.

Every year buying tickets to Brick City has been a flustercuck. I just tried to buy tickets and the whole brick city site is down. Is there some other way to buy tickets?

Comment

RIT posted the 7th best Corsi For in the entire nation (55.4%), 5 spots ahead of the next Atlantic Hockey team, Air Force. The Tigers had a middling CF (51.8%) on the power play and slipped below Air Force with a CF-close of 53.9%. This would point to RIT having shots, generating chances, maintaining control of the game but seeing a lack of finish or bad luck.
                              https://entrylevelcontract.wordpress...ws-rit-tigers/

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                This would point to RIT having shots, generating chances, maintaining control of the game but seeing a lack of finish or bad luck.
                                I think this is just confirming what many of us have believed to be the case ever since Garbowsky graduated.
                                The author of this article points to that fact as a reason to believe the Tigers are a "...prime candidate to bounce back...".
                                I hope this proves to be the case, but I am seriously concerned about where the "finish" is going to come from. They didn't have any elite finishers last season, even when they were healthy. Until an incoming freshman steps up and becomes that next Garbowsky, McGowan, Brenner, Favot, or the like, this team will have to work their butts off in front of the opposing goaltenders and get as many "dirty" goals as they can. They're capable of doing that enough to win given their ability to win the puck-possession game on most nights, but it would be nice to get a finisher or two to lighten that load a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X