Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

    Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Except that it's Andriano, not Adriano
    Even I picked up on that
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

    Comment


    • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

      Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      Even I picked up on that
      This was a few weeks back, but it was explained to me that the overall league schedule had to wait for scheduling in the arenas shared with AHL teams to be worked out.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

        Ask and you shall receive: 2017-2018 schedule! http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=417
        Last edited by mar7967; 06-14-2017, 02:41 PM.
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

        RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

        Comment


        • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

          Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          Ask and you shall receive: 2017-2018 schedule! http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=417
          I would be very interested to see each AHC team's strength of league-schedule stats since we moved to an unbalanced scheduling format. It seems like every year we're playing Air Force, Robert Morris, and a couple of other top teams four times while seeing AIC and Sacred Heart and lower-seeded teams twice.

          Also interesting that we're starting the regular season right off with homecoming.


          Powers &8^]

          Comment


          • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

            Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            I would be very interested to see each AHC team's strength of league-schedule stats since we moved to an unbalanced scheduling format. It seems like every year we're playing Air Force, Robert Morris, and a couple of other top teams four times while seeing AIC and Sacred Heart and lower-seeded teams twice.

            Also interesting that we're starting the regular season right off with homecoming.


            Powers &8^]
            The year before last, you only had two games with USAFA and RMU. And last year, only two with MU and CHC. My hypothesis is the league wants each team to play each other an even number of times over a certain number of years.

            Comment


            • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              The year before last, you only had two games with USAFA and RMU. And last year, only two with MU and CHC. My hypothesis is the league wants each team to play each other an even number of times over a certain number of years.
              When I have more time I will disprove that hypothesis. =)


              Powers &8^]

              Comment


              • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

                Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                When I have more time I will disprove that hypothesis. =)


                Powers &8^]
                I had some more time (actually started this the other day). Starting with 2014-2015 when UConn left for Hockey East and not including 17-18 because I don't have enough information on the other teams yet, we've played Bentley, Niagara and Robert Morris 10 times each - 2 seasons with 4 games, 1 season with 2 games (counting regular season only, of course). We've played Army 6 times (2 per season). We've played the other teams 8 times each.

                Here is a list of the teams we played 4 times each year:
                2014-2015: Holy Cross, Niagara, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart
                2015-2016: AIC, Bentley, Mercyhurst, Niagara
                2016-2017: Air Force, Bentley, Canisius, Robert Morris

                Here are the teams each time has played 10 times (and 6 times) in the regular season, which shows how often they get teams 4 times/year.
                Air Force - Canisius, Niagara, Robert Morris (Mercyhurst 6 times)
                AIC - Army, Canisius, Holy Cross, Niagara (Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst 6 each)
                Army - AIC, Bentley, Canisius, Mercyhurst (Niagara and RIT 6x)
                Bentley - Army, Mercyhurst, RIT, Sacred Heart (Canisius and Niagara 6x)
                Canisius - Air Force, AIC, Army (Bentley 6x)
                Holy Cross - AIC, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Robert Morris)
                Mercyhust - Army, Bentley, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Air Force, AIC)
                Niagara - Air Force, AIC, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, RIT (Army, Bentley, Sacred Heart)
                RIT - Bentley, Niagara, Robert Morris (Army)
                Robert Morris - Air Force, RIT, Sacred Heart (Holy Cross)
                Sacred Heart - Bentley, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris (AIC, Niagara)

                It's interesting to me that Niagara is the most "unbalanced", with 5 teams they have played 10 times each, and 3 teams they have only played 6 times. Everyone else is 4x10 and 2x6, or 3x10 and 1x6.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

                RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

                Comment


                • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

                  Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  I had some more time (actually started this the other day). Starting with 2014-2015 when UConn left for Hockey East and not including 17-18 because I don't have enough information on the other teams yet, we've played Bentley, Niagara and Robert Morris 10 times each - 2 seasons with 4 games, 1 season with 2 games (counting regular season only, of course). We've played Army 6 times (2 per season). We've played the other teams 8 times each.

                  Here is a list of the teams we played 4 times each year:
                  2014-2015: Holy Cross, Niagara, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart
                  2015-2016: AIC, Bentley, Mercyhurst, Niagara
                  2016-2017: Air Force, Bentley, Canisius, Robert Morris

                  Here are the teams each time has played 10 times (and 6 times) in the regular season, which shows how often they get teams 4 times/year.
                  Air Force - Canisius, Niagara, Robert Morris (Mercyhurst 6 times)
                  AIC - Army, Canisius, Holy Cross, Niagara (Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst 6 each)
                  Army - AIC, Bentley, Canisius, Mercyhurst (Niagara and RIT 6x)
                  Bentley - Army, Mercyhurst, RIT, Sacred Heart (Canisius and Niagara 6x)
                  Canisius - Air Force, AIC, Army (Bentley 6x)
                  Holy Cross - AIC, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Robert Morris)
                  Mercyhust - Army, Bentley, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Air Force, AIC)
                  Niagara - Air Force, AIC, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, RIT (Army, Bentley, Sacred Heart)
                  RIT - Bentley, Niagara, Robert Morris (Army)
                  Robert Morris - Air Force, RIT, Sacred Heart (Holy Cross)
                  Sacred Heart - Bentley, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris (AIC, Niagara)

                  It's interesting to me that Niagara is the most "unbalanced", with 5 teams they have played 10 times each, and 3 teams they have only played 6 times. Everyone else is 4x10 and 2x6, or 3x10 and 1x6.
                  I've been looking for patterns myself to try to predict who the conference opponents will be. Each team has ten opponents: four played four times, six played twice. In fairness to all parties, every five years you would see an opponent four times twice on average. Taking a further look, I wonder how much the "cost containment" wishes of the eastern AHC teams are coming into play. IIRC, there was some contingency surrounding Air Force entering the conference after leaving CHA.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                    Ask and you shall receive: 2017-2018 schedule! http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=417
                    Same date as last year. Sad that there are no games in the greater New England area
                    RIT Tigers

                    Got one foot in the crease

                    Comment


                    • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

                      Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Sad that there are no games in the greater New England area
                      @ UConn 11/25
                      @ Providence 12/8
                      @ Providence 12/9
                      @ Holy Cross 1/26
                      @ Holy Cross 1/27
                      @ Sacred Heart 2/16
                      @ Sacred Heart 2/17
                      Only if you don't consider Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Massachusetts as being in the greater New England area.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        @ UConn 11/25
                        @ Providence 12/8
                        @ Providence 12/9
                        @ Holy Cross 1/26
                        @ Holy Cross 1/27
                        @ Sacred Heart 2/16
                        @ Sacred Heart 2/17
                        Only if you don't consider Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Massachusetts as being in the greater New England area.
                        So many hockey schools within an hour drive from home, just wish they would stretch the trips a little farther east. I've done HC before, cost me two nights in a hotel, dinner at the worst House of Pizza and a couple hundred at Mohegan Sun that weekend. Tigers dropped two as well that weekend.
                        RIT Tigers

                        Got one foot in the crease

                        Comment


                        • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

                          Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          So many hockey schools within an hour drive from home, just wish they would stretch the trips a little farther east. I've done HC before, cost me two nights in a hotel, dinner at the worst House of Pizza and a couple hundred at Mohegan Sun that weekend. Tigers dropped two as well that weekend.
                          RIT only has six non-conference games. They are playing all three NC road games in New England. There are five teams in the league in that region and RIT will play either two or three of them each season. There really is not much more they can do unless they give up home games.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

                            Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            a little farther east
                            A little farther east than Providence? Where do you live, in the Atlantic Ocean?


                            Powers &8^]

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              A little farther east than Providence? Where do you live, in the Atlantic Ocean?


                              Powers &8^]
                              A short walk from my home 😁
                              RIT Tigers

                              Got one foot in the crease

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                                RIT only has six non-conference games. They are playing all three NC road games in New England. There are five teams in the league in that region and RIT will play either two or three of them each season. There really is not much more they can do unless they give up home games.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yes, I've done the drive many times but mother nature has a funny way of dropping a ton of snow on game days making the drive just a bit slippery. Add m******* drivers and you got a pretty bad mix. I know, third world problems but I'll try to do better! 😁
                                RIT Tigers

                                Got one foot in the crease

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X